5 Best VPN for Free Internet: Boost Your Online Freedom
Government authorities, media houses, and even politicians are placing a high number of bans and restrictions on the content accessible in their countries.
These internet “no-go” areas, give us an image of a stifling and restrictive environment. To bypass these restrictions, acquiring the best VPN service is the only solution.
So, read this detailed best VPN for free internet guide to choose the right provider, or click on the link below to ensure an unbridled and unfiltered internet experience.
Best VPN for Free Internet in 2020
The market is flooded currently with hundreds of VPNs vying for user attention. While all of them seem to offer similar features, there is a vast difference in the performance of these features between the Top, most trusted providers and the rest.
Here is a rundown of the 5 best VPN for free internet that delivers great value:
- $12.95$2.21Per Month
- Headquartered in BVI (Safe Location)
- 3,200+ Servers in 65 Countries
- AES-256-CBC/GCM Encryption
- Unblocks Netflix in 16+ Libraries
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- $10.95$1.32Per Month
- Based in Hong Kong (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 6,500+ Servers in 180+ Countries
- Military-Grade AES 256-Bit Encryption
- Split Tunneling and Dedicated IPs
- DDoS Protection and Internet Kill Switch
- Endorsed by Forbes/5-Stars on TrustPilot
- $11.95$3.71Per Month
- Headquartered in Panama (Safe Location)
- 5,083+ servers in 59 countries
- 6 simultaneous Connections
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Great P2p/torrenting performance
- Double VPN and Onion over VPN
- $12.95$6.67Per Month
- Headquartered in BVI (Safe Location)
- 3,000+ Servers in over 90 Countries
- Powerful AES 256-GCM Encryption
- Unblocks Netflix/Supports Torrenting
- Audited No Logs (PWC and Cure53)
- Apps for Windows, Mac, iOS & Android
- $12.99$2.75Per Month
- 5,900+ Servers in 89 Countries
- 45-Day Refund Guarantee and 7-day Trial
- Secure Wi-Fi Feature for Public Security
- Kill Switch and DNS/IP Leak Protection
- Mozilla and Chrome Browser Add-Ons
- Unblocks All Websites Seamlessly
1. Surfshark – Best Free Internet VPN
Based in British Virgin Islands and founded in 2018, Surfshark is a great solution for enjoying access to a free internet, away from geo-restrictions and content limitations.
The VPN goes head-to-head against top names like Nord and Express, despite being incredibly budget-friendly, with plans available for as low as $2.21/mo. on a 2-year plan.
Best part of all: the newcomer comes equipped with CleanWeb™, a feature quite similar to the CyberSec, which protects you from ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
Currently, the VPN has 1700+ servers in 60+ countries, among which the US and UK listings successfully allow streamers to watch Netflix and BBC iPlayer abroad.
For device compatibility, Surfshark offers apps for Windows, Mac, iOS browser extensions for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and a client for Amazon Fire TV too!
As such, you can feel assured to leverage an free internet experience on every device in your home or office environment. What else can you ask for?
- CleanWeb™ for Ad/Tracker Protection
- P2P/torrenting allowed
- Unblocks US/UK Netflix
- Unlimited multi-logins
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- Free Trial Not Available.
2. PureVPN – Low-Cost Free Internet VPN
Geo-restrictions on streaming sites are bummer for all those who are big fans of the latest TV shows and blockbuster movies.
PureVPN allows you to unblock all kinds of restrictions on streaming sites like Netflix US/CA through its sophisticated network and server infrastructure.
This VPN also provides top security features for a fraction of the price of the VPNs that also offers them. These include AES 256 Double VPN, Onion over VPN and Split Tunneling.
PureVPN currently offers 3,200+ servers in 140 countries worldwide. The best plan available currently with this service costs $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan, whici gives you great value.
- 3,200+ Servers in 140+ Locations
- Dedicated IPs available
- Leak Protection/NAT Firewall
- Allows Split Tunnelling
- Military Grade Encryption
- Free Trial Not Available
3. ExpressVPN – All Rounder for Free Internet
Although this VPN is a bit expensive than the rest of the names in the list, ExpressVPN undoubtedly has a lot of credibility in the Free Internet VPN domain.
It has turned down data extradition requests and refused to cooperate with the Turkish authorities, resulting in the seizing of their servers, revealing NO LOGS!
Apart from this, ExpressVPN has one of the biggest server networks comprising of over 2000 global servers, allowing you to bypass internet restrictions in any country
AES 256 grade encryption, multiple protocol support, DNS leak protection, kill switch and split tunneling are some of the other great features that you can avail with this Free Internet VPN.
The only downturn with ExpressVPN, as mentioned earlier, is its expensive price tags and with their best plan costing $6.67/mo for a 12-month subscription plan.
- Great Performance and Speeds
- 3000+ Servers in 160+ Locations
- Military Grade Encryption.
- Multiple protocol support
- Zero Logs Policy.
- No Dedicated P2P servers.
- Plans are Expensive.
4. Private Internet Access (PIA) – Free Internet VPN for Streaming
Torrenting and P2P is the most widely used way to transfer files and media over the internet. This community allows people to get access to all kinds of content wherever they are and in the easiest manner.
However, copyright trolls are always on the lookout for people who use torrenting to check whether they are sharing any copyrighted material or not.
To hide your IP in a much better manner, Private Internet Access provides dedicated servers for torrenting and P2P, allowing users to have much more security.
This VPN provider also offers multiple VPN gateways, a zero logs policy, compatible apps, in-built ad blocker and much more. It has 3041 servers in 28 countries and currently.
- P2P Support available as a Free Internet VPN.
- Unblocks Netflix US.
- OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec supported.
- Zero Logs Provider.
- 5 Simultaneous connections.
- Complicated Native Apps for Beginners.
5. Ivacy – Reliable Free Internet VPN
Renowned as the best VPN for China, the Singaporean-based Ivacy is responsible for the creation behind the infamous “Split Tunneling” feature, offering solid protection.
It protects you against viruses, malware attacks, DDoS threats. All while offering an IvacyPrime app for maximum unblocking capabilities, be it for VoDs or access in regressive countries.
If you access the Ivacy app on any device, you will find a “streaming” mode, which provides a list of channels that you can block. Select one and enjoy instant unblocking.
For instance, if you click on Netflix, you will automatically get connected to a “working” server that gives you access to the US library, hosting over 6,000+ titles.
- 1,000 Servers in 100 Locations
- Singapore is a Safe Jurisdiction
- Strict Zero Logging Policy
- Automatic Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling Available
- Slow Support
What is VPN Free Internet Hack?
Free Internet, in most cases, means an end to bandwidth throttling attempts by ISP providers. ISP providers sometimes indulge in bandwidth throttling on some apps or websites in order to promote others.
This is against the values of Net neutrality, which promotes an equal opportunity for users to access all websites and apps with the same speed and that there would be no throttling.
VPNs can help you baypass throttling by not allowing your ISP provider to differentiate between different data packets from your end.
This will not just increase your mobile data speeds and decrease bandwidth throttling, but will also allow you to use those services and visit those websites, which you would not have been to visit otherwise
Apart from this, Internet Censorship can also take many other forms. Mostly it is enacted by government regulators and authorities to suppress genuine dissent, voice, opinion or access on the internet.
The reason behind such stifling restrictions being enforced can vary from country to country and from authority to authority.
Is it Possible to get Free Internet through VPN?
When you acquire a VPN, it guarantees to protect your anonymity online and act as a buffer to secure your sensitive data. It does this through a layered system of protection, where not one but many holes in your security are plugged to keep your safe while surfing the internet.
Firstly, your IP is protected by re-routing it through a different server in a different destination. Your IP is like your online address and if left unprotected, it can make you highly vulnerable to attacks from hackers and allow governments and copyright trolls to discern your actual location.
Secondly, your data gets encrypted and then bundled in and transported through a secure protocol. The protocol is there to ensure that no one can access your data packet. Conventionally, the top VPNs use AES 256 military grade encryption, which guarantees top safety and is virtually undecipherable.
Thirdly, the best VPNs do not keep any logs. This action is meant to protect you in case the government authorities or copyright trolls land up at the VPN provider’s office and demand them to hand over the location of the individual they suspect of trespassing the restrictions.
Free Internet under the cover of a VPN can now be obtained on all kinds of popular devices and OS. Most Best VPN providers now offer a legion of compatible apps to make it easier for you to download, install and run them. Here is a list of the devices and OS on which compatible apps by VPN providers are widely available:
Free Internet for PC Using VPN
PCs are one of the oldest, most trusted internet access devices out there. For accessing the free internet on your PC through a VPN, follow this hack:
- Enter into membership with the best VPN provider by buying a paid plan that suits you best.
- Download the compatible app (Windows or Mac App) for your device and install it.
- Enter your username and password registered with the VPN provider in the app.
- Select a server of your choice and either let it run on the default OpenVPN protocol or change it according to your preferences.
- Click connect and enjoy unhindered access to the Free Internet.
Free Internet Using iOS VPN Settings
While most VPN providers do offer native iOS apps for easier configuration and setup, you can always manually setup your VPN on your preferred protocol like L2TP. Here is how the setup can be done in less than 3 minutes:
- Head over to your VPN provider and buy a subscription plan.
- Obtain user credentials. These are generally sent via email and you can change them afterward.
- You now need to obtain the IPSec pre-shared key to move forward. While every provider can have its own methods and ways, the key is generally located in the manual configuration option.
- Now on your iOS device, head over to settings > General setting >VPN > Add VPN Configuration. Now tap on Setup VPN configuration and a new prompt will be presented.
- Select L2TP from the tabs in this prompt and Enter the required information in the following manner:
- Description: Name it anything and for Server: Put in your preferred server address available at your provider Account: Enter your Username and for RSA SecurID: Turn this off
- Password: Enter your VPN password and Secret: Enter the Pre-shared IPSec Key. Send All Traffic: Turn this ON and then press the Save button
- Go back and turn the VPN to ON in the General Settings Pane
People Also Ask
Is the Internet a VPN?
Contrary to popular belief, VPNs are not a feature of the internet. They are a tool meant to protect your privacy online. VPNs mostly come as individual software which you need to download and set up on your system.
How do you get a Free Internet VPN?
The list for the Best VPNs for Free Internet is provided above for helping you in making the best decision. But if you still want to work it out on your own, then we have also described in detail above on what makes a VPN service better than the rest.
Is it legal to use a VPN for free internet?
Wrapping Things Up
Since BestVPN.co is an advocate of freedom of speech and expression, we consider it our duty to help people understand how restrictions affect them and society as a whole.
With all factors taken into consideration, Surfshark undoubtedly proves to be the best option for access to a freer internet. However, if you are looking for another budget-friendly provider, check out PureVPN!
Bear in mind stifling restrictions are not in anyone’s favor, anywhere, that is why we promote the use of Free Internet VPN as a credible tool to circumvent all the bans and restrictions.
Your satisfaction as a user is our biggest achievement and that is what we always strive to achieve through our work. Please do share your opinions and critiques with us in the comment below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?