Binge-watchers who enjoy exploring new movies/TV shows, might have come across the name “Disney Plus“. The new video-on-demand (VoD) platform made its way into the marketplace back in November 2019, but is already competing with the likes of Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu.
The only problem is that Disney Plus is only available in US and 14 other countries. This means, it imposes geo-restrictions to limit its content to only an approved list of locations. As such, if you want to watch content on Disney Plus, you will require the assistance of a VPN service.
This is where using Surfshark with Disney+ comes in handy for streamers around the world. By connecting to any of Surfshark’s servers in the US, you can begin streaming on Disney Plus today. Below I will discuss the details of using Surfshark Disney to unblock all of its content.
|Price||$2.49/mo. on a 2-year plan|
|Streaming Speed||90.63 Mbps|
|Streaming Quality||Ultra HD (1080p)|
|Servers||1,800+ in 63 countries|
|Other Platforms||Netflix, iPlayer, Hulu|
Why Should You Get a VPN for Disney+?
Disney+ may be a new service in the marketplace of streaming platforms, but unless licensing contracts with production houses aren’t agreed on, Disney+ can’t stream outside the current 15 locations its available in. Therefore, they impose geographical and content limitations, which prevent users from accessing their website and content.
A VPN proves to be a crucial tool for streamers and binge-watchers. It typically gives you the ability to cloak your real IP address and shift your location to make it appear as if you reside in another country. As such, even if Disney+ restricts its content outside the US, you can easily unblock it by connecting to a server in the US via Surfshark!
Why Choose Surfshark to Unblock Disney Plus?
Despite being a relative newcomer (launched in 2018), Surfshark has defied all odds to prove itself as an all-rounder available for half the price, matching all the criteria for unblocking Disney+:
- It offers 1800+ servers, out of which 500+ servers are located in US for unblocking.
- Seamless streaming on all platforms, including Android and iOS devices.
- Delivers fast speeds to stream in 4K quality with minimal speed loss.
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leak issues that could result in your VPN getting blocked.
- Powerful military-grade, AES-256-CBC encryption for security and privacy.
How Do I Watch Disney Plus on Surfshark?
- Go to the official Surfshark website.
- Click on the “Stream Anything” button.
- Select a suitable plan from the options.
- Choose a payment method
- (To stay anonymous use: Bitcoin)
- Complete the checkout process
- Download the relevant VPN app
- (I will be using the Windows Client)
- Launch the Surfshark Application
- Connect to a server in the US
- Go to the “Disney+” website or app
- Enjoy streaming your favorite TV shows/movies!
Why is Surfshark Not Working with Disney+?
Ideally, a VPN should have no trouble in anonymizing your online activities and location. Despite being one of the best, Surfshark can still get blocked or give troubles when accessing Disney+. Follow these steps below, if you encounter the “Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region” error:
- Preliminary Checks – Disconnect and reconnect to another server. If it does not work, consider contacting the VPN tech support team for direct assistance.
- Check your IP Address – Test your VPN by going to IPLeak.net and see if there are any DNS/WebRTC/IP address leak issues.
- Flush your DNS – The DNS entries from your ISP can sometimes get stored in your device which may generate conflict. You need to empty this cache in order to fix this problem.
- Clear Browser Cache – Sometimes a conflict occurs in the browser location and the VPN connection. Clear your browser cache before streaming.
- Disable IPv6 Connectivity – To be on the safe side, it is always a good option to disable IPv6 connectivity on your Windows and Mac devices!
People Also Ask
Does Disney+ work with Surfshark?
The process of getting Disney+ to work with Surfshark is quite simple, Go to the Surfshark website, purchase a suitable plan, get the relevant VPN app, connect to a server in the US, and access the Disney+ website or app!
Is Surfshark good for streaming?
Surfshark is a great cord-cutting tool for users who want to unblock platforms like Disney+. If you share your VPN with friends/family, you won’t even have to worry about going over the connection limit, as it offers unlimited simultaneous logins!
What free VPN works with Disney+?
Free VPN services are unreliable tools and use shady practices to pay for the costs of their service. I would instead recommend using a premium VPN service like Surfshark, which is available for a minimal $2.49/mo.
Wrapping Things Up
If you are an entertainment-geek looking to see all that Disney+ has to offer, utilizing the unblocking capabilities of Surfshark is a great decision. With a low-price of $2.49/mo, 1,700+ servers in 60+ countries, and 500 servers in US alone, Surfshark will not leave you disappointed.
Nevertheless, if you encounter any issues, feel free to drop a comment below! 🙂