Best VPN Into China: 5 VPNs with Chinese Servers/IPs (2020)
Most people looking for privacy tools are residents, who want to access blocked sites in China like Facebook, YouTube, and Google. However, what about Chinese expats wondering how to use VPN in China to access local content?
Some may want to access Chinese websites like iQiYi (爱奇艺), QQ Video(QQ视频), Toudou (土豆), Youku (优酷), or other websites. This is what I will be focusing on this guide, but long story short, you can unblock all via PureVPN’s Chinese servers.
5 Best VPN into China
Here is a list of 5 VPN into China that deliver the best value in 2020:
- PureVPN: 12 Servers for VPN to China ( $2.91/mo )
- Ivacy VPN: 6 VPN China Servers ( $2.25/mo )
- VPNArea: 2 X-Stunnel Servers in China ($2.99/mo)
- TorGuard: Chinese Servers in Beijing ($4.16/mo)
- Astrill VPN: StealthVPN Protocol for China ($10.00/mo)
1. PureVPN – 12 Servers for VPN to China
Based on the special Chinese administrative region, Hong Kong, PureVPN is a great VPN for China. Their site is blocked in the mainland, but expats can easily download the app from the website or dedicated app stores.
How to Access PureVPN’s Chinese Servers
- Download the PureVPN Windows app
- Enter your login credentials to use the VPN
- Click on “Optimized for China” on the dashboard
- Select a suitable server from the 12 Chinese locations
- Enjoy accessing Chinese-specific content anywhere!
2. Ivacy – 6 Chinese Servers for Expats
The first VPN to introduce the incredible Split Tunnelling feature, Ivacy has its headquarters in Singapore. It is among the only few providers that offer servers in China, allowing expats to access their favorite Chinese content.
How to Access Ivacy’s Chinese Servers
- Download and Install the Ivacy VPN Windows app
- Enter the login details after purchasing a subscription
- Click on “Select Country” on the main menu
- Select “China” from the list of countries
- Enjoy acting like a Chinese local online!
3. VPNArea – 2 X-Stunnel Servers in China
Based in Bulgaria (away from Internet Enemy Jurisdictions), VPNArea is famed for its cheap pricing and dedicated IPs listing. It provides access in China via X-Stunnel servers that transforms VPN traffic into regular HTTPS.
How to Access VPNArea’s Chinese Servers
- Get the suitable VPN application for your device
- Open the app and enter your login details
- Click on “Servers” and select “Special”
- Choose one of the “X-Stunnel China” servers available
- Enjoy bypassing VPN blocks in any country!
4. TorGuard – Chinese Servers in Beijing
TorGuard is a US-based service, which offers a massive network of 3,000+ servers in 50+ countries worldwide. Just like the above, the provider supports StealthVPN a.k.a obfuscation for providing expats access to Chinese-specific content.
How to Access TorGuard’s Chinese Servers
- Download and install the TorGuard application
- Enter your login details after subscribing
- Launch the app and head to the server listing
- Select any of the Chinese “Stealth” servers available
- Use the “UDP” protocol for max security
- Hit the “Connect” button!
5. Astrill VPN – StealthVPN Protocol for China
Based in Seychelles, Astrill VPN offers 400+ servers in 115 cities across 64 countries. It has a StealthVPN feature to circumvent censorship and geo-restrictions for users located in China and outside the country, who want to access local content.
How to Access StealthVPN on Astrill
- Download and Install the Astrill VPN 1app
- Enter the login details after purchasing a subscription
- Click on “OpenVPN” and select “StealthVPN”
- Choose the “Tunnel All Sites” Mode
- Connect to any Chinese specialized Server!
Why Get a VPN Into China, Not Out of It?
Most websites promoting VPNs that work in China, often only test services to see if they bypass “The Great Firewall” shortened as GFW. They forget that Chinese expats may also need the best VPN services or cheap VPNs for:
Instant Surfing of the Chinese Web
Those who are out of the country may want to keep up with the latest happenings and incidents in the country. Now, there are plenty of English-translated Chinese websites. However, VPNs allow users to surf the Chinese web just like a local.
They even give you the ability of downloading and installing Chinese-specific apps that are geo-restricted access to users outside the country. In short, a VPN allows you to visit China, not physically but digitally!
Accessing Chinese Video Platforms
The Chinese cinema is quite famous and has a huge following even outside the country. By using a VPN that provides access into the digital realm of China, you can finally gain access to your favorite streaming platforms.
These include names like PPTV, CNTV, QQ Video, Sohu TV, iQiYi, Tudou, and Youku. Best part of all: since you browse the web using a Chinese IP, all the content accessible on these platforms is available for FREE.
Testing of Websites/Apps by Developers
Additionally, VPNs that provide access to the Chinese web provide great incentives to website and app developers around the world. Working services allow them to test if their apps/websites are blocked in China.
At the same time, it enables them to analyze page load speeds in Mainland China for locals and expats alike. Sure, one can choose to buy a SIM and opt for Data Roaming to perform this task, but VPNs offer more convenience.
People Also Ask
Can a VPN be used in China?
If you are residing in China and want to use a VPN, you will have to find a service that offers a dedicated Chinese page. Only three providers offer such a version. Names include Ivacy, ExpressVPN and Surfshark.
Which free VPN is best for China?
NONE actually! I never recommend my readers to sign up with a free VPN China service, especially if they want to bypass “The Great Firewall”. Bear in mind managing a VPN has costs, and most free VPNs use shady practices for earning money.
Which VPN has a China server?
A lot of VPNs offer obfuscation a.k.a. StealthVPN. This allows them to unblock sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. However, only a few providers namely: PureVPN, Ivacy, VPNArea, TorGuard, and AstrillVPN offer the most secure VPN china IPs.
How do I connect to China VPN?
If you want to change your IP address to one that is in China, you need access to a Chinese server. You can use this guide as a reference for providers that offer Chinese IP addresses to act like a local and access your favorite content.
Can you download VPNs in China?
China takes strict action against VPNs, and has removed these tools from all their app stores. To download a VPN, you will have to find a VPN that offers a dedicated Chinese download page, like ExpressVPN, or Surfshark.
Wrapping Things Up
With this, I come to an end of this VPN into China guide. The main focus of which is to cater to the needs of expats and users in other countries, wanting to act like a local to access their favorite Chinese websites and content.
If you have any questions or better recommendations to give, do not hesitate on dropping a comment below. Also, feel free to share the guide with other Chinese expats, who want “working” VPNs and servers for the country.