7 Best VPN for Multiple Devices in 2020 (Free & Paid)
Are you eager to know the best multiple devices VPNs that allow you to connect with a single account? In this post, you will find the best VPN for multiple devices working next-level in 2020. Having an add on of multi-login features will benefit you in ways no other VPN does.
Individuals who use different platforms may want to expand the security they get from VPNs. In scenarios like these, it is wise to opt for providers that support multiple devices. Many VPN services only allow a single connection.
It requires you to disconnect from one place to make room for another. Yet, it is quite inconvenient, especially if you need VPN access at two locations. For instance, when two people want to use a VPN for streaming on Netflix or Hulu, at the same time.
Let’s jump right in.
7 Best VPN for Multiple Devices
The VPN industry luckily has lots of excellent providers. But, not all offer a good number of simultaneous connections. Bear in mind this is a vital feature for modern users, who want to connect through a range of devices.
Having a VPN for multiple devices enables you to shield all your gadgets. That, too, with a single VPN subscription. Be it Android, Laptop, or any other device you have. If you are fond of using those simultaneously, it helps you protect all against privacy theft.
Nobody likes getting their confidential information stolen while they surf online. That is why VPN multiple devices work wonders to safeguard your privacy. It protects you from unwanted viruses, malware acts, and throttling issues.
Multiple VPN connections allow users to leverage anonymity across all their devices. Without purchasing a separate subscription for new devices. So, I decided to list the best VPNs for multiple devices and users:
1. Surfshark (Unlimited – $1.99/mo )
2. IPVanish (10 Devices – $3.25/mo)
3. PureVPN (10 Devices – $2.91/mo )
4. CyberGhost (7 Devices – $2.75/mo )
5. NordVPN (6 Devices – $3.49/mo )
6. Ivacy VPN (5 Devices – $2.25/mo )
7. ExpressVPN (5 Devices – $6.67/mo )
1. Surfshark: Unlimited Users & Devices
All Surfshark plans give you access to unlimited simultaneous connections. Combined with the low price, this is quite a fantastic selling point. It allows users you to access from 7100+ servers in 63 countries.
The BVI-based provider also successfully unblocks Netflix, offers protection from DDoS attacks, and has native apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox, and a client for Amazon Fire TV too!
Yet, the reasons mentioned above make this provider get an edge in being the best VPN multiple users. But, if you are still wondering what makes Surfshark be on the list of top-tier VPN for multiple devices. Here’s why. Its exceptional ability to offer you all VPN benefits with a single creation of account. Quite useful!
- Unlimited multilogins on a single account
- Servers unblock most geo-restricted content
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM encryption
- Headquartered in the safe British Virgin Islands
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leakage issues
- No free trial available for testing the VPN
For more information, check out this full Surfshark review!
2. IPVanish: 10 Simultaneous Users
Second to Surfshark, the US-based IPVanish service is available for $3.25/month on a yearly plan and offers 1,400+ servers in 75+ locations worldwide. It is a zero-logs service that gives you access to simultaneous connections on 10 devices and even unblocks streaming platforms. Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, and Fire TV.
- 10 simultaneous devices per account
- User-friendly apps for Kodi and Amazon Fire TV
- Impressing streaming speeds on 4k quality
- 1,400+ VPN servers in 75+ locations worldwide
- Access to censored VoDs & websites
- Fails to bypass the Great Firewall in China
- Getting responses from support takes time
For more information, check out this full IPVanish review!
3. PureVPN: 10 Simultaneous Users
PureVPN lets you connect to 10 devices simultaneously on a single account. The provider is also endorsed by Forbes and commended by Trustpilot reviewers for its unmatched privacy. For device compatibility, PureVPN offers the most versatility, making apps available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Chrome, Mozilla, Apple TVs, Firestick, and an add-on for Kodi.
- Connectivity on five devices simultaneously
- 2,000+ servers in 140+ countries worldwide
- Browser apps unblock Netflix smoothly
- Double VPN and Split Tunneling features
- 30-day refund guarantee available
- TV apps may deliver sluggish performance
For more information, check out this full PureVPN review!
4. CyberGhost: 7 Simultaneous Devices
Cyber Ghost – multiple devices is the famous Romanian provider, CyberGhost’s standard subscription will grant you access to simultaneous connections on 7 devices. You have 6,500+ servers in 90 countries worldwide, which unblock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and other VoDs.
Moreover, you can find easy-to-use apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Firestick, Android TVs, and more. If you are searching for the best multi-device VPN, then Cyber Ghost needs to be on your list.
- Connections on 7 devices simultaneously
- Dedicated servers for streaming platforms
- 6500+ servers in 90 countries worldwide
- 45-day money back guarantee available
- Does not suffer with leak issues
- Lacks many advanced security features
For more information, check out this full CyberGhost review!
5. NordVPN: 6 Simultaneous Users
Perfect for streaming, NordVPN is consistently growing as an excellent service for unblocking geo-restricted sites like Netflix and BBC iPlayer around the world.
A 3-years subscription will grant you access to multi logins on 6 devices, and you have apps available for popular platforms including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox, Fire TV, and more.
NordVPN is undoubtedly the best VPN for all devices due to its amazing VPN specialty servers. It has such massive servers that make me consider this as the best VPN multiple devices for users. It is the best multi-device VPN that allows you to connect with 10 unique devices.
- Offers six simultaneous connections on all plans
- 5,100+ servers in more than 58 countries Worldwide
- Quick live chat support with detailed responses
- Works well with VoDs like Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- Double VPN and Split Tunnelling features
- No port forwarding
For more information, check out this full NordVPN review!
6. Ivacy: 5 Simultaneous Devices
Ivacy’s standard subscription available for $1.99/month will give you access to multilogins on 5 devices. Combined with a network of 2000+ servers worldwide that unblock all major streaming platforms and deliver excellent security, Ivacy is a great choice. Apps are avialable for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox, FireTV, and routers too.
- 5 simultaneous connections on one account
- Servers for unblocking Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer
- NAT Firewall and IPv6 Leak Protection VPN features
- Over 2000+ Servers in 100 Locations worldwide
- Dedicated IPs available as an add-on
- Slow support
For more information, check out this full Ivacy review!
7. ExpressVPN: 5 Simultaneous Devices
ExpressVPN offers access to only 5 devices simultaneously, but it is incredibly apt at unblocking all kinds of geo-restricted sites across the world. All servers successfully unblocked VoDs like Netflix, Disney Plus, Netflix US, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Voot and more. You also have a preconfigured router app, along with dedicated clients for Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Samsung Smart TVs, etc.
- 5 simultaneous connections on one account
- Verified “no-logging” policy (audited by PWC)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries around the world
- Works with Netflix, Disney Plus, and BBC iPlayer
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Prices are a bit too steep
For more information, check out this full ExpressVPN review!
Why Do You Need a VPN for Multiple Devices
If you own multiple devices and gadgets, it is only wise that you receive protection on all of them. Now, it is definitely not sensible to buy a separate VPN license for every device in your home. Meeting the costs will become a difficult task.
This is why it is better to go for a multi-device VPN, as it allows you to save money and deliver greater value. You get protection on all your devices, for lesser the price and considerably lesser hassle.
Here’s the Catch with Multiple Devices VPN
For instance, after enjoying your lunch break in a cafe and chatting with friends on your phone via WhatsApp or Messenger, you may get an order to quickly send an email via your laptop.
With a multi-device VPN, you can protect both devices on the public Wi-Fi. This ensures your conversation on the smartphone and activities on your laptop both remain private and encrypted.
Not only does this boost the convenience of increasing your online privacy, but it also ensures that you stay safe from the prying eyes of hackers, government agencies, and copyright hunters at the touch of a button!
How Multi-Device VPNs Benefit Businesses
Multiple devices VPN is a cost-effective option for SMEs. It assists you in getting a seamless browsing experience online free from privacy concerns. Any entity must protect their valuable data from cyber-attacks. Times when budget are tight make you realize how crucial it gets to have either a multi-user VPN or choose a VPN that is best for use on multiple devices.
How to Use a VPN with Multiple Devices
If this is your first attempt at setting up a VPN, you’ll be pleased to know that the process is quite simple. Just follow the easy instructions below and enjoy VPN connectivity on all devices!
- Sign up with a suitable VPN service like Surfshark (unlimited simultaneous connections).
- Download and install the app. Make sure to get the correct version for your device.
- Repeat this step for all devices you want to leverage VPN connectivity on.
- Surfshark supports unlimited multi-logins, so you can set it up on all.
- Simply select a server you want to connect to and that’s about it.
- You should now have secure internet access across all your devices.
Also, if users want to stream locked content on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, etc, but are facing problems, consider clearing your cookies, cache, and then refresh the page.
3 Free VPNs for Multiple Devices
Do you want to opt for a free VPN? If yes, here are the 3 free VPNs that provide users multi-login benefit. Best free VPNs providers are Windscribe that allows you to access unlimited simultaneously. TunnelBear enables you access with 5 devices, and SurfEasy also permits you to use 5 devices simultaneously.
Connect Multiple Devices with a VPN via a Wi-Fi Router
While the above VPN providers do let you enjoy connectivity on multiple devices. There are sometimes where you may require more. In such circumstances, it is best to opt for a pre-configured VPN router instead of an individual device.
Hence, by setting up a VPN on your router, all devices connected to the Wi-Fi network at your home or office will receive VPN protection and anonymity. Your data stays encrypted at all times, and you can feel assured not to fall victim to any cybercrime.
How to Setup a VPN on a Wi-Fi Router
- Get ExpressVPN’s pre-configured router from Amazon.
- Subscribe for an ExpressVPN account by clicking here.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the new router to begin configuration.
- Enter http://www.expressvpnrouter.com/ or (or 192.168.42.1) in your browser.
- Login by using “Admin” as the username and entering the 8-digit password.
- You can find the relevant password at the bottom of your router.
- If the password is printed as 1234-5678, enter it as 12345678.
- Sign in to your account, click on setup ExpressVPN, and copy the 23-digit activation code.
- Paste it in the ExpressVPN Router “Account Setup” menu and hit the “Activate” button.
- You will now gain access to all features of the ExpressVPN Router App dashboard.
- Configure the Wi-Fi connection and then click on the “VPN Connection” tab.
- You should now be able to access ExpressVPN’s 3,000 servers in 140 countries
- Select any location and hit the “Connect” button.
- Now connect your Apple TV VPN to the Wi-Fi!
People Also Ask
What is the best VPN for simultaneous connections?📈
Surfshark undoubtedly wins this category for simultaneous connections. It is the only provider in the marketplace that offers unlimited multilogins on a single subscription, all while being incredibly budget-friendly.
How many devices can I use on ExpressVPN?🛡️
With a single ExpressVPN subscription, you can enjoy access to five devices simultaneously, regardless of the platform. To connect to more than five devices, the provider recommends you get a pre-configured ExpressVPN router.
Do you need a separate VPN for each device?🗡️
Buying a VPN license for every device in your home does not make sense from a financial point of view. A better option would be to get a pre-configured VPN router, or sign up with a multi-device VPN like the ones mentioned above.
Can you use NordVPN on more than one device?⚔️
Yes, you can use NordVPN on multiple devices. A single subscription from the provider enables users to enjoy connections on 6 devices simultaneously.
Can I use PIA on multiple computers?🎌
Yes, PIA does give users access to simultaneous connections on 10 devices via a single subscription. This can be any mix of mobile devices, routers, computers that you choose.
Which VPN allows the most devices?🔥
Currently, Surfshark the only provider in the marketplace that is offering unlimited simultaneous connections. You can use a single subscription on any number of devices you want to.
Can you have two VPN connections at the same time?😃
It is quite complicated to run two different VPN client programs simultaneously. A better option would be to sign up with a multi-device provider, as they grant better convenience and security.
Key Takeaway from: 7 Best VPN for Multiple Devices
To conclude, with this multi-device VPN guide, you can learn new ways to leverage security and privacy. It is beneficial for both individual and corporate level users. For that reason, the above listed 7 best VPNs for multiple devices are quite rewarding for users.
If you face any issues or need to give better recommendations, feel free to comment below. Moreover, do share the guide with friends and family member looking for the best multi-device VPNs.