How to Use PureVPN – Learn to Use Them in Under 2 Minutes
PureVPN is one of the most competitive services in the VPN industry, always looking to outdo its peers in almost each facet that can comprise a Best VPN service.
The most amount of work that the service has done in this regard is definitely in the field of offering client apps for the highest number of devices and OS. From its very own Firestick app to the Android VPN app, PureVPN has almost nailed them all, as we‘ve covered in detail in our Pure VPN review.
But if you still are a bit apprehensive on how easy they are to use, then don’t worry, here is our definitive guide on how to use PureVPN complete with installation guides for nearly all available client apps, reviews on their functionality and performance and more!
How to Use PureVPN on Windows
Other than that, nearly all features are easily accessible from the home screen of the client.
The best part about PureVPN’s Windows client is that there are always sub-texts with each feature explaining in brief as to what that feature exactly does. This is one feat where PureVPN is commendable as it facilitates maximum user ease.
Here’s how you can use their client and all of its features:
- Once you’ve bought PureVPN’s subscription, you can download their Windows client from their site here. (File Size: 32.8 MB).
- Click on the downloaded file and the installation process will begin (It might prompt you to enter admin privileges if your system is restricted by your IT).
- When the installation has finished, the client will open automatically.
- To select a server, you can either browse through the “Countries” Option or the “Cities” Option.
- Click on your preferred server destination and the client will then connect to it automatically.
- The gear shaped icon on the top right of the client can take you to the settings and the extra features menu bar, so you can tweak things from here if you don’t like them in their current state.
How to Use PureVPN on iPhone/Mac/iOS/iPad
PureVPN’s Mac app is quite similar to its Windows app and the process to use it is also the same.
But from what I experienced in my review of its Mac app and others, its slightly more responsive and faster than its Windows counterpart.
If you are looking to subscribe to PureVPN and then using it on your Mac device, then here’s what you will need to do:
- Buy PureVPN’s subscription first to activate your account
- Now download the Mac app from their site
- Once the download is completed, proceed towards the installation
- The Mac client will now open automatically
- Enter you user credentials i.e. username and password
- Select the location you wish to connect to and the connection to that server will now be initiated
- The main Home screen will now show that the client is connected, so you can easily start browsing under the VPN’s influence on your internet connection
- For accessing any options on the settings, click on the gear shaped icon
PureVPN currently doesn’t offer its own native iOS app but it will be available soon according to the service official stance.
however you can still use PureVPN on iOS devices by setting it up through side-loading.
How to Use PureVPN on Android
For PureVPN users, the best vpn client available out of the whole that the service offers is its Android client.
Clean, streamlined and extremely easy to use for newbies, the Android client for PureVPN is loaded with all the best features that the service has to offer.
Learn to use it through the following steps:
- Go to Google Play store and search for “PureVPN”
- When you get PureVPN’s Android app in the search results, click on download and the installation will happen concurrently
- Its easy from thereon as you will just need to enter the credentials to login and the app will open
- Open the server list and tap on any city/country/location you wish to connect to
- The connection will now get initiated
- For changing any existing setting or accessing any extra feature, just tap on the Gear shaped icon on the top right of the client
How to Use PureVPN with FireStick
PureVPN is one of those select few VPN services that offers its own Firestick client app.
This niche app has been specifically developed because PureVPN positions itself in the market as VPN that is best for firestick meeting all sorts of streaming needs is one of the more popular streaming devices among users out there these days.
Using this app on Firestick requires you to have at least initial grasp on how the FireTV platform performs and functions.
Here’s how to install and use the PureVPN Firestick app on your FireTV device:
- Firstly, launch your FireTV and then navigate to the “Apps” Section
- Now go to Categories > Utility
- Search for “PureVPN”
- Just click on “Download” and the installation will happen automatically once the downloading process has ended
- You will see a notification now telling you that PureVPN is now installed
- Go to “My Apps” and scroll down to select “PureVPN”
- The app will now be launched
- The client will now require you to enter login credentials when you click on “Already have an account” (You need to acquire a PureVPN subscription beforehand for this)
- Enter your username and password and click on “Login”
- Scroll to select the location you want to connect to and tap on it to initiate the connection process
- PureVPN will now be connected to ensure that you unblock a wide majority of streaming sites
PureVPN’s Firestick app is good but if you want to explore other options in terms of providers or even to sideload a certain service then we’ve covered that in comprehensive detail in our VPN for Firestick guide.
PureVPN has done a lot of work towards contributing to user ease on nearly all device platforms. Yes, it doesn’t have its iOS app for now but its other apps are built with some very good features that users can take advantage of.
The service does have some problems like connection delays that it needs to end in order to make its client apps work and respond in a manner much more suited to user expectations, but apart from that, the apps are almost self-explanatory and any newbie can download and use them without much problems.
PureVPN also offers a vast repository of troubleshooting and installation guides that can facilitate the user towards setting up its apps on any platform. From videos to textual guides, PureVPN’s users have no dearth of choice to learn about the service’s clients from.
If you have had any issue with the service or its client apps in the past or if there is something that you find better in them compared to similar apps from other providers then please do let us know about them in the comments field below.