6 Best Free VPN for Firestick & Fire TV That Work in 2020
Looking for ways to get more out of your Firestick device by bypassing geographical restrictions on popular streaming services, like Netflix? If so, then you are at the right place.
We have tested over 180+ services to bring you the 6 best free VPNs for Fire Stick, which you can use for streaming and unblocking, minus any hassles.
Of course, free VPNs do have their limits in the form of data caps and bandwidth limitations, which is why I recommend Surfshark. It offers a risk-free 30-day refund policy.
With that said, other choices in the list are also safe and easy to use with your Fire TV. They may be limited, but they do the job. So, without further ado, let’s see what they are!
Criteria of Choosing Top Completely Free VPN for Firestick
When it comes to getting the best free VPN firestick, you need to be wary of certain factors. Below I have provided a list of criteria for the VPNs that I selected to use on Firestick:
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks that could result in getting your VPN detected.
- Minimal speed loss issues so that you can unblock seamlessly on Firestick.
- Applications are available on Google Play and Amazon Store for installing.
- Strong military-grade, AES-256 encryption for security and privacy.
- Good number of servers in different countries for stress-free unblocking.
Here are 6 Best Free VPN for Fire Stick 2020
Best Free VPN for Firestick: Full Analysis
After testing 180+ providers in the marketplace, finding out which services are compatible with Fire Stick, particularly those belonging to the free category was not easy. I was only able to find 7 totally free VPN for firestick that are fast and less risky to use.
For each free VPN listed below, I have provided information on the limitations. I will also continually check and update the list to bring you the most accurate recommendations. Pro Tip: if you come across a blocked VPN server, simply reconnect to a different one.
1. Surfshark: 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
Based in the British Virgin Islands, Surfshark is among the best free VPNs for firestick that defies all odds to tackle names like Nord and Express, giving away amazing VPN deals.
You have access to over 1,700+ servers in 63 countries, which you can use for unblocking Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Voot, Hotstar, and even Disney Plus directly from your Fire TV device, minus the “proxy/VPN detected” errors!
- User-Friendly Firestick VPN App.
- 1700+ Servers in 63 Countries.
- BVI is a Safe Jurisdiction.
- Strict No-Logging Policy.
- No Free Trial Available.
For more information, check out this full 2020 Surfshark review!
2. Windscribe: Free VPN with 10GB Data/Mo
10GB is more than enough to judge how a VPN works when deployed with Firestick, and considering the above-average speeds, you will not have a lot of trouble accomplishing that goal.
The encryption standards are a bit weak then we would like them to be at Windscribe, but the firewall and ad-blocking feature more than make up for these shortcomings.
- Working Free Firestick VPN App.
- 10 GB Data Cap on Free Plan.
- Features ad-blocker and firewall.
- Supports P2P in All Countries.
- Customer Support is slow.
For more information, check out this full 2020 Windscribe review!
3. Hide.Me: 2GB Data Cap with Free Plan
With an incomparable reputation for protecting user privacy and religiously adhering to the policy of keeping zero user logs, Hide.Me is a great free firestick VPN.
The encryption is top grade and can match the one provided by even paid service, and its location in Malaysia takes it way off from the purview of draconian data retention laws.
The data cap for the free version is 2GB, which is pretty good if you want to keep it as a great second option to complement a paid service you have already subscribed to.
- 53 Servers in 32 Countries Worldwide.
- Exceptional Cross-Platform Support.
- Dedicated IPs Available for VoDs.
- P2P Enabled/SOCKS5 Proxy.
- Pricey Monthly Plan.
4. ProtonVPN: Unlimited Bandwidth for Free Users
Based in Switzerland, ProtonVPN is quite a popular free service; one that has recently even been banned by Russian agencies for its unbeatable encryption and security.
The service is among the few that works on Amazon Fire TV devices, allowing users to leverage entertainment by connecting to VPN servers at the utmost level of convenience.
You can download their free VPN for firestick 2020 application from Amazon Store or Google Play Store and leverage unlimited bandwidth for streaming and unblocking.
- Working Free Firestick VPN App.
- 600+ Servers in 40+ Countries.
- Strict No-Logging Policy.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- Fewer Features with Free Plan.
5. TunnelBear: 500MB Data Cap with Free Version
Based in Canada, TunnelBear may chase away people, due to being part of a country with allegiance to Five and Fourteen Eyes. However, it is quite privacy-focused and has never been found leaking any info to government authorities.
For encryption and protocols, TunnelBear VPN provides access to IPSec/IKEv2 and OpenVPN, which uses the standard 256-bit AES ciphers. The provider even adds a “Ghostbear” feature.
It uses obfuscation technology, which helps to get around firewalls in countries, like China. For connectivity, you have a selection of 1,000+ servers in 23 countries. The Firestick app is available for download directly from the Amazon store.
- Advanced Features like VigilantBear and GhostBear
- 1000+ Servers in 23 Countries Worldwide
- Easy-to-use Windows Client Software
- 50% Discount on the Yearly Plan
- Works with Netflix Smoothly
- 500MB Limit on Free Trial
6. Hotspot Shield: 15GB Monthly Data for Free
This one is more generous as a free service as compared to Tunnelbear, allowing you the option to choose between servers in 15 countries, getting protected by military-grade encryption and more.
Hotspot shield is an old name in the VPN industry, gaining user trust and credibility over the years. It also offers 500 MB of bandwidth daily, which makes up around a 15 GB data limit each month.
However, you won’t have access to many other features like multi-logins or chat support unless you plan to go premium. The Free version of this service is supported by ads.
- 500MB Daily Allowance (15 GB Total)
- Automatic Kill Switch
- No DNS Leaks Detected
- Chrome Extension
- Split Tunneling Available
- Slow Customer Support
How to Install Free VPN on Firestick
- Launch your Amazon Firestick device and click on the “search” icon
- Type in “PureVPN” and tap on the first result that appears
- Tap on the “PureVPN” app and hit the “Get” button
- Wait for the download/installation process to complete
- Launch the app and enter your username and password
- Connect to any server of your choice by exploring “countries”
- Or browse “popular apps” to get to unblocking instantly!
VPN for Firestick Free FAQs
👌 What’s the best free VPN for firestick?
As the best option, I recommend going to the budget-friendly PureVPN. Its app can be easily installed on all Firestick devices and successfully unblock all popular streaming apps.
💯 Do I need a VPN for a jailbroken Firestick?
Regardless of whether you have a jailbroken Firestick or not, it is always a good idea to get a VPN service. It allows users to bypass geo-restrictions, torrent securely, leverage maximum privacy online, and more!
✔️ Is there a free VPN for Firestick?
A free VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth, ProtonVPN, is undoubtedly one of the best and completely free VPNs for Firestick. However, the app itself may sometimes give trouble, if you use it for unblocking!
📱 Will my free VPN Fire Stick work with my other devices as well?
Most free VPN services do not offer much in the way of apps compatibility. However, all the recommendations above offer apps for all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and more!
👮 Are Firestick VPNs safe to use for free?
Not all free firestick VPNs are safe to use. Some may sell your data to third-parties for money. Others may have links to China. The VPNs listed in this guide are options that can be considered less risky!
Wrapping Things Up
With this, I come to an end of this best free VPN for Firestick guide. I hope the recommendations above and steps to install a VPN comes in handy for the viewers.
Nevertheless, if you encounter any issues/troubles, do not hesitate on commenting below. Also, feel free to share this guide with others looking for a working free service for Firestick!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?