Best VPN for iPhone – Gain Maximum Security on All iPhone Generations!
Apple’s iPhone gains huge fame as one of the best smartphones in the marketplace, due to its high-end privacy and security features. However, considering that the FBI got an iPhone 5S unlocked while investigating a terrorism case, the immaculate device security goes to waste. This is why privacy advocates and cyber-security professionals at BestVPN.co suggest using a VPN on iPhone for you to enhance online security But, since there are well over 1000+ VPNs in the marketplace, not everyone would work superbly on an iPhone, iPad, or any other iOS device. So, without further ado, read this ultimate guide on the best VPN for iPhone.
Why You Need Best VPN for iPhone?
Besides protecting your personal information from the prying eyes of governmental agencies and local ISPs, VPNs offer a number of advantages to smartphone users of all kinds. Here are a few reasons why you need to invest in a Best VPN solution for iPhone:
- Enhanced Security – VPNs integrate high-level military-grade 256-bit AES encryption, which protects your information from snoopers and hackers.
- Remote Control – By using a VPN, you can access data from other devices remotely from home or from any other place. This is why VPNs are a common tool for large enterprises and corporations.
- Online anonymity – A VPN will help iPhone users to explore the internet with the utmost level of privacy, masking your IP address.
- Unblock Websites – If you cannot access a particular website, due to geo-restrictions, VPNs are the top solution for bypassing content filters, by shifting your physical location.
- Better performance – Sometimes ISPs may impose bandwidth limitations that may result in poor internet experience. VPNs can boost the efficiency of your network.
Best VPN for iPhone and iOS Devices in 2018
Undoubtedly, the iPhone is the best creation of Apple, which is a great competitor to Android devices. The entire OS is smooth and user-friendly, creating an intuitive atmosphere that allows you to engage in multiple activities. However, there are some issues concerning privacy when using iOS. So, refer to the list below for the best VPNs for iPhone to keep your identity secure!
- $11.95$2.75Per Month
77% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 3600+ servers in 60+ countries
- Offers 5 Tunneling Protocols
- 6 Simultaneous Connection
- Offers 2048 Bit Encryption
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Supports Netflix
- $5.99Per Month
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec & OpenVPN protocols
- 25,000+ IPs & 225+ servers in 60+ countries
- 2 Multi logins
- 7-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Upto 256bit encryption
- $10.95$2.55Per Month
- Free Trial
- Zero logging
- Only 48 servers in 30 countries
- 7-day Money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and speed
- AES-256 bit encryption keys
- Compatible with all Major Platforms
- User-friendly interface
- Live Chat
- $8.95$1.99Per Month
- 275+ Servers in 100+ Locations
- Kodi Optimized VPN Services
- 100% access to Kodi, Netflix, Hulu & more
- Split tunnelling & Kill switch
- Advance Security Feature for Torrent Users
- P2P Open Servers
- $10.95$2.48Per Month
77% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 80,000+IPs & 750+ servers in 141+ countries
- 5 Multi Logins
- 7 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN & IKEv2 protocols
NordVPN – Privacy-Focused VPN Service for iPhone
Based in Panama, NordVPN is a completely safe and secure provider, as it is far away from the mandatory data retention and internet censorship laws of the website. Monthly pricing starts at $3.95, if you opt for the 2-year plan. For connectivity, you have access to 2419 servers in 56 countries worldwide.
If that were not enough, NordVPN offers high-level 256-bit AES encryption, access to all protocols (OpenVPN, PPTP, SSTP, L2TP/IPSec), and advances features like Double Hop, Tor, Stealth Mode, DNS/IPv6 Leak Protection, and Kill Switch.
IPVanish – Huge Servers List for Maximum Unblocking on iPhone
Based in the US, many are hesitant to use IPVanish, due to being located in a country that is a part of the Five Eyes Alliance. However, what they do not know is that the VPN offers outstanding privacy and security. You have access to 1000+ servers in 60 countries and access to all protocols.
You can install the app on every platform, including Linux, Android, Mac, and Windows. Monthly pricing starts at $7.50, which is backed up by a 7-day refund. You also have access to a huge range of IP addresses (40,000) and a SOCKS5 web proxy for maximum P2P/Torrenting capabilities.
PrivateVPN – Strong Security Features, Zero Logs Provider
Based in Sweden, PrivateVPN is another secure service you can use on iPhone. It offers consumers a NO LOGS policy, which guarantees ccompleteanonymity. Your network is protected by 256-Bit AES military-grade encryption while being able to access all tunneling protocols like OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec.
Apart from multi-platform support, the VPN even offers the ability to establish multi-logins on 6 different devices. You can use the VPN for accessing Netflix US, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer. For connectivity, you have 100 servers in 56 locations around the world.
Ivacy VPN – Singapore-Based Provider with Cheap Pricing
Based in Singapore, Ivacy is another reliable name in the marketplace of VPNs that keep your data secure, because its away from the internet censorship and data retention laws of the west. It does not log user activity, allows torrenting, and even gives access to the VPN for 3 years at $2.95 per month.
This makes it one of the most budget-friendly providers, as you only pay $49 in total for 36-months of VPN access. You have access to a huge list of 275+ servers in 50+ countries 100+ locations. Also, the app is comes built-in with kill switch, split tunneling, and IPv6/DNS Leak Protection.
PureVPN – Huge List of Advanced Features to Boost Security
PureVPN is a Hong-Kong based provider that offers good security and unblocking features. It comes equipped with an advanced set of features, which include Ad-blocking, Split Tunneling, NAT Firewall, DNS Leak Protection, and Automatic Kill Switch while providing access to all famous protocols.
Monthly pricing starts at $10.95, but if you want to receive the best value, opt for the annual plan. It gives you a 50% discount, dropping the price the $49 annually. For connectivity, you have access to a huge list of 790+ servers spread across 140+ countries, meaning you leverage unlimited unblocking!
Best VPN For iPhone – Editorials Choice
The suggestions mentioned above are all good choices for leveraging top security and anonymity online on your iPhone. However, if you are looking for nothing but the best, then you should consider signing up with NordVPN. With its remarkable features and VPN-enabled routers, you can feel assured to receive maximum security and privacy.
Best Free VPN for iPhone
If you do not want to spend money on a premium VPN service, there are FREE alternatives available you can test out. Though you may not receive the same level of support, performance, security, and reliability, the names below offer the best FREE product:
Windscribe – Best FREE Plan for Leveraging Top Security on iPhones
Windscribe is a Canadian-based provider that offers a relatively new VPN product. It boasts an intuitive and easy-to-use interface with a strong focus towards anonymity. The FREE version gives you unlimited multi-login, access to 11 locations, 10GB+ bandwidth per month, and NAT Firewall protection.
Hide.me – Free Proxy Service Available for Unblocking Sites Easily!
Based in Malaysia, Hide.Me is another famous FREE service, which offers excellent anonymity and transparency. The free plan gives you access to 3 server locations, 2 GB Data transfer limit, and connections to only 1 device simultaneously. There is even a FREE proxy service!
TunnelBear VPN – Good Server Availability for a Free Service
Based in Toronto, TunnelBear is a reliable VPN provider, endorsed by high profile websites like LifeHacker. The VPN keeps minimal connection logs and offers excellent encryption across all protocols while providing access to servers in over 20 countries. You have a 500 MB data limit.
ProtonVPN Free – Developed by CERN and MIT Scientists!
Developed by MIT and CERN scientists, ProtonVPN is a security-focused VPN service, which offers quite a remarkable product. You have paid plans available, but also a free version. For no cost at all, you get access to servers in 3 countries, access to 1 device, and zero logging.
Speedify – Fast Speeds for Streaming on your iPhone Devices!
This free VPN service works with all platforms, including iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. You can use it on two devices simultaneously, without even making an account. The moment you install and open the software, the client automatically established a VPN connection.
Best VPN for iPhone Free – Author’s Recommendation
After thoroughly analyzing the features and offerings of the providers mentioned above and comparing them with one another, we have come up with the Best VPN for iPhone FREE. The winner is undoubted, Windscribe. It offers the best features out of all choices!
Free Unlimited VPN for iPhone
Betternet is the only FREE VPN service in the marketplace that does not impose any bandwidth or data caps. It boasts a huge user-base of 38 million worldwide, providing a completely FREE product by serving adverts to its users. Though this may be unsafe, if you are not looking to spend money, Betternet is the only solution to unblocking websites.
How to Setup VPN for iPhone Without App
If you are double-minded about installing VPN software, there is still a way for you to leverage protection and anonymity online. The solution comes in the form of manual VPN connections. Below we describe methods for setting up VPNs via the PPTP, OpenVPN, and L2TP protocols on iPhone:
iPhone VPN Settings – PPTP Protocol
- Open your iPhone and tap on “Settings” from the Home Screen.
- Tap on “General” from the list of configuration options.
- Scroll down and tap on the “VPN” option, above “iTunes Wi-Fi Sync”.
- Tap on “Add VPN Configuration” to begin the manual PPTP setup process.
- SelectPPTP at the top of the “Add Configuration” panel and enter settings from freevpnaccess.com.
- Double-check details, click on “Save”, and return to the VPN menu.
- Slide the VPN On/Off button to the “ON” position.
- After you have connected successfully, the VPN logo will appear at the top right bar of your iPhone!
OpenVPN Method – iPhone Setup
- Visit the iTunes Store and download the OpenVPN Connect Application.
- Open your browser and head to the VPN provider’s website to download .ovpn configuration files or simply visit freeopenvpn.org.
- After downloading the file, load it via OpenVPN. The app will ask for authentication. Click on “Accept”.
- Enter the username and password for the .ovpn configuration file and save settings. Press the “Connect” button and enjoy using VPN via the OpenVPN protocol on iPhone.
L2TP Method – iPhone Setup
If you want to setup a VPN using the L2TP protocol on iPhone, follow the same steps mentioned above in the PPTP section. The only difference would be selecting “L2TP” on the “Add Configuration” panel. Also, instead of entering PPTP information, select a L2TP server from freevpnaccess.com or any provider you have already signed up with.
How to Select the Best VPN for iPhone and iOS Devices
When it comes to selecting a VPN, it is vital that you do your research and gain insight about different VPNs, before you make a final decision. To help you out, we have highlighted a few critical factors to consider when selecting the best VPN for iPhone:
- Bandwidth Throttling – VPNs allow users to bypass geo-restrictions for streaming content online, download torrents, or play games. Look out for providers that impose bandwidth throttling.
- Concurrent Connections – The best of VPNs do not only allow access to a single device but offer the ability to establish connections on a multitude of devices simultaneously.
- Server Availability – Select a provider that gives you access to a huge database of servers across countries all over the world. Do not settle for providers that offer only 5/6 locations for connectivity.
- Payment Methods – The best VPN providers offer reasonable pricing while allowing potential customers the ability to pay via a multitude of methods.
- Protocols – Always select a provider that offers complete protocol support, allowing you to establish connections on PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, IKEv2, and OpenVPN.
- Features – The best VPNs offer a number of advanced features, which include automatic kill switch, NAT firewall, split tunneling, SOCKS5 proxy, DoubleVPN, DNS/IPv6 leak protection.
How to Download VPN for iPhone
When it comes to downloading VPNs for iPhone, there is no rocket-science required. All you have to do is visit the website of the provider and head towards the “Downloads” or “Apps” page. For direct links, refer to the list below:
How to Connect/Disconnect the VPN on iPhone
When it comes to using VPNs on iPhone, everything is quite straightforward. If you are using a VPN client, the connect/disconnect buttons provide instant response. The same goes for the manual setup. Just slide the bar from connect/disconnect to active/deactivate the VPN.
Best VPN for iPhone Reddit – According To Reddit Users
Reddit exists as the top resource for gaining information about various services and a multitude of topics. Among these include VPNs, which is a popular topic of discussion nowadays. Just like our review, the top rated VPN for iPhone according to most Redditors is NordVPN. Below you can see a user praising the service and its cheap pricing:
On the same thread, you can also see another using listing PrivateVPN, a name already added to your best VPNs for iPhone list. As mentioned, the VPN offers superfast speeds, which are adored by users all around the world:
How to Use iPhone VPN on Mac through Tethering
If you want to use iPhone VPN on Mac through tethering, all you have to do is set up a Personal Hotspot. Once you have established a VPN connection on your iOS device, simply create a hotspot. Open your Mac and connect to the hotspot to access the VPN.
Free Vs. Paid – What’s the Best VPN App for iPhone
if you want to receive the best value, security, reliability, speeds, and support, it is imperative to go for a paid service, regardless of whether it is cheap or not. Paid VPNs will not skimp on speeds or compromise on your security and anonymity. On the other hand, free services may not offer the same compatibility. They may lack many features, which include:
- Unblocking of Netflix, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer
- Apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS
- A Huge List of Servers Available for Connection
- Complete Torrenting Capabilities
- Number of Simultaneous Connections
FAQs for the Best VPN for iPhone and iOS Devices
Though we made sure to cover all bases in our guide for the best VPN for iPhone, you can still present queries/questions. Below you can find a series of common questions, we get asked a lot regarding VPNs for iPhones. So, we decided to list them down in a single location:
What is Apple VPN?
Virtual Private Networks (abbreviated as “VPNs) create secure pathways for users to access blocked websites and services online, while encrypting all sent/received data. They ensure you explore an unfiltered internet and are popular among large enterprises, educational institutions, and governmental agencies. Apple VPNs are simply virtual private networks for iOS and Mac devices.
VPN on iPhone Not Working
If you have set up a manual connection, make sure you have not used the same name for the PPTP/L2TP. This may cause confusion and result in the VPN not working. If the VPN does not work on an app you downloaded, consider contacting the support department of the provider. Look for troubleshooting guides/blogs. If the problem persists, mention complete details in the comments section below:
iPhone VPN Password Ask Every Time
If you have a premium subscription to a VPN provider, then you will have a fixed password for accessing all protocols and establishing connections. On the other hand, if you use a FREE service on manual networks, check the “Ask Every Time” option for VPN password.
What Is VPN Defender for iPhone?
VPN Defender was a service for iPhone that gained in popularity a lot during the initial years when people started gaining attention about privacy and security. You can acquire the same service from other providers in the list mentioned above.
Wrapping Things Up
If you are facing trouble in finding the best VPN for iPhone, make sure to check out the recommendations above. Do not forget to share your experience in the comments below. Also, feel free to share the article with your friends and family members.