Best VPN for Firestick 2019 – Setup Guide For Firestick & Fire TV INCLUDED!!
Firestick or Fire TV are streaming boxes powered by Amazon. They are amazingly capable of transforming bland, cable reliant televisions into ultra-modern Smart TVs. However, amazon fire stick services are bound by geo-restrictions, severely limiting the experience a device can bring to a user. This is where best VPN for Fire TV Stick comes in! Using a top VPN app will unblock every geo-restricted site ensuring that you continue exploring the vast arrange of content online freely. To guide you further with the most renowned vpn providers, which offer dedicated client from app store, top-tier security and a whole lot more, here is an all-inclusive guide by Bestvpn.co
VPN for FireStick / Fire TV Guide 2019
Best VPN for FireStick 2019
The popularity of streaming app store like Fire TV and FireStick is only set to grow in the times to come. More and more people in the upcoming years will definitely get accustomed to watching the premier content being streamed in mind-blowing HD, quality whenever they want. And more users means substantially more data and wherever there is data, there are hackers.
If you believe that hackers or scammers exist only in the Windows, Macs, Android and IOS biosphere, you might want to reconsider your opinion. Data is the new oil and holds a substantial amount of value in all forms, so it’s a no-brainer that if devices like FireStick start accumulating more user data, hackers will come to get it.
The data retention that is produced over time on devices like FireStick for e.g. logs of movies and shows watched in the past one month can be used for social engineering the message sent to you on other platforms like email. This makes these messages much more believable and hence more enticing to click on, spelling doom for you valuable financial and personal data
It is high time that you secure your Firestick generation device also and ensure maximum security across the wide repertoire of gadgets you interact with on a daily basis. Maybe there is an attempt being planned right now or is being executed or someone has a plan on how to do it. There might be a zero-day vulnerability that someone is looking to exploit.
On the other hand, VPNs are also great for supplementing the viewing experience on streaming devices like FireStick, making them perform even better than they could do otherwise However, you do not just need any VPN server, you need a great VPN, that is able to muscle protect your data; encrypt all data packets, blast through geo-restrictions and more.
Here is our list of the Best VPN for Amazon FireStick and FireTV:
|Reviews on Trustpilot|
|Number Of Servers|
|Military Grade Encryption|
|Unblock US Netflix|
1) Surfshark – Cheapest VPN for Firestick
This provider is relatively new as compared to other providers on this list but due to its impeccable performance and high reliability, it’s the perfect VPN account for to get for your FireTV.
Firstly, it offers a dedicated app for this streaming device, allowing you to easily integrate its VPN service to amplify your streaming needs.
It unblocks almost all major streaming services like Netflix US, Hulu, Hotstar and Amazon Prime, diversifying your entertainment repository on a FireTV device.
Chat support team is available 24/7, ready to guide you through any troubleshooting and vpn setup issues, making your experience of using this service a breeze.
The current server count of Surfshark now exceeds 800 and is spread over 50 locations globally. And nearly all of them support streaming perfectly.
Surfshark’s FireTV app is also quite easy to use with easily recognizable options, great navigation and an optimized interface.
Plans are cheap as well, with a 2 year vpn subscription costing just $1.99/month.
Speeds, however, can be erratic at times, but mostly they are good enough for HD streaming.
Any other way of using Surfshark on FireTV?
Yes! Through its SmartDNS feature, you can run Surfshark on your FireTV while skipping the whole app setup process.
- Offers dedicated vpn app for FireTV
- 800 Servers Location Worldwide
- Compatible with services like Netflix, Hulu etc.
- Chat support can help with FireTV app setup
- Cheap, affordable 2 year plan
- SmartDNS service
- Speeds fluctuate sometime
Another great gun in the netflix streaming arena, Express VPN is another great service to use with your FireTV.
This VPN has garnered years of trust among users for being a steady and dependable option for dedicated streaming devices like FireTV.
It was one of the first providers to roll out its own FireTV app and till now, its performance cannot be called for question, even once.
Crossing the 3000 mark in terms of vpn servers offered, ExpressVPN app powers not just fast, but blistering speeds to never ever compromise on delivering a HD experience on all streaming sites.
Sites like Netflix and Amazon prime has thus far failed to block this provider out, experiencing a rare failure. This just goes on to personify the stellar service ExpressVPN gives to its firestick users.
Their FireTV app is well thought out and has an impressive UI/UX interface.
Dedicated setup guides along with tutorial videos are always there to assist you with setting up the VPN on your FireTV device.
The only issue for some users can be ExpressVPN’s high price tag. At $8.32/month on its best plan, subscribing to this provider can be a bit out of budget for many users, but rest assured, you wont regret your purchase.
Read our detailed expressvpn review.
Any other way of using ExpressVPN on FireTV?
ExpressVPN offers a dedicated mediastreamer service that you can use on your Firestick. And just like Surfshark’s SmartDNS service, this feature by ExpressVPN can allow you to directly run its VPN on your FireTV, even without using its app.
- FireTV App Offered
- Servers exceed 3000
- Unblocks all streaming sites including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Services
- Chat support is excellent
- Video Content/tutorials enable step by step guidance
- Mediastreamer service
- Incredibly fast speeds
- Low Downtime
- Pricing Plans are expensive
This provider has been always among the top ones in the vpn industry, but till recently, it didn’t offer its own app for Fire TVs, making it a bit unsuitable for the platform.
However, it does so now, diversifying the choice users have in choosing a good enough VPN for Firestick.
NordVPN has by far, the largest server infrastructure among VPNs in the world. With more than 5300 servers globally, it has an advantage over other VPNs in offering users the most uncluttered speed experience out there.
It also offers dedicated servers for unblocking Netflix US, Hulu, Hotstar, UFC etc. all of which, work 24/7, with virtually zero downtime.
Consistent speeds allow prolonged periods of HD quality streaming without any major interruptions.
The provider also offers a great repository with intricate, step by step guides that can allow you to setup its VPN on FireTV without encountering any major problems.
But despite all the goods, price can be a major issue for many users. Its best plan looks affordably priced at $2.99/month, but when you consider that this is a 3 year subscription and the cumulative cost exceeds $107, you will be thinking twice.
Any other way of using NordVPN on FireTV?
Unfortunately, NordVPN doesn’t offer any such service as of now. No mediastreamer or Smart DNS service.
- FireStick App is available
- 5300+ Servers
- Netflix, Hulu etc can be unblocked
- Chat support available
- Above average, reliable speeds
- Zero downtime
- No dedicated Smart DNS service offered yet
- The subscription period of best plans is too long
One of the first providers out there to offer a dedicated FireTV app just like ExpressVPN, CyberGhost is a highly optimized VPN that can suit your streaming needs perfectly.
There are fewer better providers when it comes to reliably unblocking streaming service in the US like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc. than Cyberghost.
It offers dedicated functionalities within its apps, from which you can choose the function you want to use the service for. For e.g. streaming, unblocking, online privacy, all get their specific buttons within the app, making it highly optimized for powering an interactive user experience.
The server count is not bad either. 3000 servers are available for users to connect to, in almost all major countries globally.
And it also has a 45 day refund period, which is more than enough for you to gauge its performance and ensure that it’s the right pick for you.
Any other way of using Cyberghost VPN on FireTV?
Despite being a very suitable streaming tool for Firestick, Cyberghost doesn’t offer a Smart DNS or any other similar feature that you can use instead of its app on a FireTV device.
- FireTV app offered with dedicated feature buttons
- 3700+ servers worldwide
- Good Speeds
- Unblocking major streaming sites is supported
- Chat support readily available
- Doesn’t go down often
- Best pricing plan costs around $100 (Expensive)
- No mediastreamr or Smart DNS service offered
Just like the other providers on this list, IPVanish also offers its own FireTV app for its users looking to use its service on the platform.
However, its app is far more better in terms of usability than the ones offered by other providers. Its easy to handle with relevant features, making it a perfectly holistic feel to users.
Netflix does get unblocked with IPVanish, but there will be times that this wont happen.
IPVanish is best for those who are new to FireTV and cant handle complications as much as a pro can.
One of its best USPs remain its 10 Multi-login allowance, giving you the chance to connect your service to nearly all relevant devices in your home.
Again, IPVanish can be a bit expensive at $6.49/month on even its best plan, just like some of the others on the list. If you are looking for a budget VPN, then go for Surfshark.
Any other way of using IPVanish on FireTV?
You can only use IPVanish through its FireTV app on a Firestick as it currently doesn’t offer any other way through.
- FireTV App is greatly designed
- 10 Simultaneous Logins
- 1300+ servers in 75+ locations
- 24×7 customer support
- Netflix unblocking is supported (Does go down temporarily)
- Pricing is a bit overboard
- Refund period is not adequate
- Are the Best Firestick VPNs Secure as well?
While we have covered the VPNs above according to their FireTV specific features, we have, in no way, compromised on user security in any manner whatsoever.
The VPNs mentioned in this list are all incredible secure by every VPN specific metric.
According to our detailed 5/9/14 Eyes study, not even one of these 5 providers lies in a dangerous jurisdiction.
These 5 providers are also quite stringent on security themselves, with not even one of them keeping any sort of user logs, as is evident from this comprehensive guide on logging policies which explores the data collection authorities of more than 100+ VPNs across the industry.
What to look for in Best VPN for Firestick?
VPNs are not one-size fits all service and when talking about niche categories like choosing the Best VPN for Amazon Firestick, you need to dig deeper to find the perfect match. There are a wide variety of other metrics that can make or break your user experience standards.
To ensure you find nothing but the best, we have performed a holistic analysis of which factors top out in importance with regards to selecting a VPN, which is best suited to a FireStick device. This way, you can never be misguided when you make your final choice!
Providing a dedicated app for a platform requires significant investment in terms of time, money and strategy. There are a select few VPN providers, among the hundreds that exist, who are willing to go to such great lengths to provide such an exquisite quality of service to their users. Some names include ExpressVPN, and IPVanish.
These top providers have made it inherently easier to deploy your FireStick with a VPN-enabled connection by providing dedicated apps to work with the device. We recommend that you must only opt for VPN providers that have dedicated apps because manual setup is too time to consume that it spoils the whole experience.
These apps are not just to set up a VPN connection, but also allow you to optimize your viewing time by providing extra options and great control over how you want your VPN to function.
Firestick is usually used on a big screen like a large screen LED TV to stream content from various entertainment sites. So it’s a given that when a user wants to watch content on a bigger screen, the video quality must be top notch and that cant happen unless your internet speeds remain high.
VPNs always suffer from speed loss and its largely unavoidable due to heavy encryption and protocols a VPN protected connection has to go through. However, there are some select VPNs that guarantee a very minimal speed loss making it easier to watch HD content on your Firestick.
So always vouch for the speediest out of the lot and you won’t regret your decision.
Despite offering hundreds of servers in many different locations worldwide, not many VPNs can guarantee you a premium unblocking experience.
Having the right amount of servers is like having an army on the battlefield, the pre-requisite to fighting a war, but whether those servers can really perform what’s required off of them is akin to adjudging whether those soldiers can really fight or not. So don’t be fooled by the number of soldiers, check on their capabilities as well.
For Firestick, a VPN needs to have an incredibly strong game at unblocking major entertainment based streaming sites like Netflix US, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Hulu etc. Otherwise, even if it offers 4000+ servers, its as useful as a potato to your Firestick experience.
VPNs which offer facilities like obfuscated servers or Stealth protocol or even a Mediastreamer service are hotcake property when it comes to getting a VPN for the device.
The easiest way to spot the worst Firestick VPNs in this regard is to check for IP leaks. If a VPN is leaking your real IP, it will be pathetic in unblocking streaming sites for you as well.
Location of servers:
When you’ve spent so much money on the stick device, selecting a VPN service with a low number of servers count, would only make your experience worse.
The number of servers hosted by a VPN determines the range and capabilities of that service in unblocking geo-restricted content and stopping bandwidth bottlenecks from taking place.
The top VPNs conventionally have hundreds, if not thousands of servers incorporated in their infrastructure, to afford a sublime experience to their users with FireStick. Never opt for a VPN if it offers less than 100 servers in its service pack.
While FireStick devices are just meant for working with televisions, VPNs have a larger function to perform. Nowadays, users have multiple devices each one of which requires top-grade security cover online, so spending on a VPN, which does not offer at least three simultaneous connections is a waste of your money.
Your Firestick might work great with a VPN that just supports a single device, but its not a great value for your money considering the prices these VPNs services charge in the long term.
FireStick devices consume tons of data and associating them with a VPN that limits the amount of bandwidth you consume is perhaps the biggest spoiler you can encounter. Most paid VPNs don’t have limitations on bandwidth usage, so its better that you opt for exactly such a service, especially if you among those who watch whole seasons in one go!
Recommended: How to Install VPN on Fire TV Stick Fire TV & Fire Cube From Amazon Appstore
The best and the easiest way through which you can use your Firestick with a VPN is to get a provider that offers a dedicated app for Firestick. The Amazon App store, which offers all such compatible apps is now being filled gradually be most of the Best VPN provider’s apps like IPVanish, ExpressVPN and PureVPN.
If you want to know how to install it, then follow the steps below: (We are using Pure VPN’s app as an example here but you are free to choose from any provider that you deem best)
- Plug your Firestick in to your television
- Now open the FireTV app on your TV
- When the HomeScreen for your FireTV appears on your television, you need to go to “Apps” option. You can do this by pressing the button placed in the middle of your FireTV/Firestick remote
- In the App store, you will need to go to Sub Menu > Categories > Utility
- Now search for “PureVPN” in the search bar and the app will show up in the results
- Select “Get” and the download of the app will commence. The installation will also be done automatically here
- Once the app is installed, select “Open”
- Now enter your VPN credentials i.e. username and password
- Once the PureVPN app is open, you are now to choose a particular server address you wish to connect to
- Press “Home Button” to return back to Firestick Home Screen
- Enjoy tons of content with zero geo-restrictions blocking your way!
Alternative Installation Methods
Install VPN on Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, & Fire Cube with ES Explorer
ES file explorer is an immensely popular file manager and downloader that provides great versatility in managing app downloads on devices such as Firestick.
Here is how you can use ES Explore to install VPN on Firestick in the easiest way possible!
- Turn on your Firestick and once prompted with the Home Screen, go to Settings
- Select “Device”
- Now opt for “Developer Options”
- Here, the default setting is that Apps from Unknown sources are barred from the download. For setting up a VPN, you need to change this to “ON”
- Now go back to the Main Menu and go to the search bar to find ES File Explorer
- One ES File Explorer turns up in the search results, tap on it and select “Install”
- Once installed, you need to launch ES File Explorer
- Select “Tools” and opt for Download Manager from the Sub Menu
- Now, select “+New” and enter the designated path for your VPN. For e.g., if you are intending to use PureVPN then type in “http://bit.ly/VPN-APK.
- Select “OK”
- Now enter “PureVPN” name in the command bar
- Select “Download Now”
- After the download is complete, tap on “Open File” to commence the Installation process
- Return to the Home screen, where you will now see the icon for your PureVPN app
- Launch the PureVPN app and enter user credentials.
- The VPN is now working with your Firestick!
Install VPN on FireStick with Downloader App
Installing a VPN on Firestick through the downloader app is pretty similar to doing it with the ES Downloader app, but the downloader app is a whole lot easier to use for installing a VPN on Firestick than ES File Explorer.
There is a pre-requisite for using the Downloader app to install a VPN on Firestick, which is, you need to have VPN provider that offers an APK file which can be directly downloaded. Now again, many top VPN providers can easily offer their app APK files to you if you buy their subscription.
The setup process is pretty straight forward and here’s how it goes:
- Open your Firestick and go into the appstore to search for “Downloader” app
- Select “Download” to start the download and installation procedure of the Downloader app
- Once the app is installed, open it and now you will need to enter the direct URL link for the VPN’s APK file you wish to install on your Firestick. Here is the APK file download direct URL link for PureVPN, but you can choose any other provider you deem is better for the task
- Now, a browser sort of thing, will show up on your screen asking you whether you want to install the APK file or not. Click on the “Download APK” file link and the download process will commence
- Once the APK file has been downloaded on to your Firestick, you will need to install it. You will either be prompted to do it directly or you can visit the Downloads folder in the Downloader to click on the APK file to start installation
- The VPN app will now be installed and ready to run
- Just enter your VPN user credentials, select your preferred server, turn the VPN service to “On” and you’re perfectly good to go.
- NOTE: The only thing you need to be careful of here is that, mostly, VPN providers don’t directly offer their APK files. You might come across a Downloads section on a VPN website which will contain all the latest dedicated clients the provider offers, but the APK file will rarely be seen here. For this, you either need to search
it up on the website yourself or go to the live chat support (if it exists) to ask for the link to the provider’s APK file.
- Don’t ever download and install a VPN APK file from a third party website even if you think its authentic because it never is. There is no reason to risk your system and data by being enticed by a free way to install and use a VPN. I simply deter you from doing that.
- Go the authentic way and ask you VPN provider to provide you with the VPN APK file download link. Another thing you need to know here is that VPNs work just on the 2nd generation Firestick device and never the 1st one, so if you’ve been trying to do so on 1st one by following all the right steps, then you need to stop right there and upgrade to the 2nd Generation Firestick to access all such functionalities.
Install FireStick VPN using Apps2Fire
Cross-Platform compatibility provides greater utilization of devices in the current era and Apps2Fire is a program the does that job in the most perfect manner possible. Just as the name suggests, Apps2Fire can upload any application that runs on the Android operating platform to your Fire TV or Firestick, even VPNs!
Apps2Fire is easily available on the Google Play store and can be easily downloaded on any Android Mobile and tablet device. Now, download the dedicated android VPN app, also from the Google Play Store. Once you have both the apps, here’s how the installation process will proceed!
- Open Fire TV and opt for “Settings”
- Now go to “System” from the submenu that has opened
- Select “Developer Options”
- Once here, turn the “Allow apps from Unknown Sources” on
- Return to the Home screen now and once again open “Settings”
- Select “About” -> “Network”
- Here you can see your Fire TV’s IP address. Note it down
- Now exit Fire TV and launch Apps2Fire
- Select “Setup” and type in the IP address noted previously from FireTV
- Search for your downloaded VPN app from the “Local Apps” option
- Select “Install”
- A notification will come up from FireTV stick once the installation process is fully complete and the VPN is ready to launch
Firestick VPN on a Wifi Router
The first alternative method is by using your laptop or computer as a router through which you can send a VPN enabled connection to your Firestick.
Most of the people who use smartphones might be really familiar with the idea of creating Hotspots to export connection access to nearby devices. Its become so commonplace now that people do it all the time, so its not something out of the book.
What I am going to tell you here is how to use your device and turn it into a router so that you can use internet service on your Firestick through it. By this method, if you are running a VPN software on your device, then your Firestick would automatically run on a VPN enabled connection. This will even allow you to run a VPN on the 1st generation Firestick device.
Here is the step by step guide on how you can do this on Windows 10:
- To get started, you will need a Broadcom Wifi Adapter, a VPN subscription that supports OpenVPN protocol and administrator access
- Go to the search bar (The magnifying glass icon at the bottom right of the screen) and write “Hotspot”
- Now select “Change mobile Hotspot Settings”
- Turn Mobile Hotspot Option to “On”
- Check whether the “Share my internet connection over option” is turned to “Wifi”
- Now click on “Edit” and change the network connection name and password according to your preferences
- Keep the “Network Band” to 2.4 GHz as its compatible with more devices than other options on the list
- Now come back to the previous screen of “Change Mobile Hotspot Settings” and scroll down to “Related Settings” option and click on “Change Adapter Options”
- A list will open now showing all type of internet access that you have been connected to. Check for the one which is enabled at the moment i.e. through which you have your internet traffic coming through. It might be named as “Local Area Connection 95” or something similar.
- Remember your connection name and then go check for another connection that is from your VPN provider. For e.g. if you are using ExpressVPN, it will say “ExpressVPN Tap Adapter” or if you are using NordVPN, it will say “Tap-NordVPN”
- Right click on this VPN adapter and then go to “Properties” > “Sharing” Tab” and then check on the box for “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection” and choose the adapter for your internet provider from among the options below an option titled “Home Networking Connection”, like “local area connection 95” and then click “Ok”
- Your VPN adapter connection, for e.g. ExpressVPN Tap Adapter will now show a “Shared” property notifying you that this connection is now easily shareable through the Mobile Hotspot option
- Now, just simply go over to your VPN client and turn it on after choosing a particular server and you will have a working Mobile Hotspot connection with the name and password you set earlier
- Connect your Firestick through this network connection just the same way you would connect it to the internet and you will now be using it through a VPN whenever you want it to.
How To Change Your Region/Area For Amazon Firestick
While a VPN is the best way to geo-spoof your location on any device including FireTV, Amazon has a set of restrictions that you need to know of if you are trying to change your location without a VPN.
Amazon requires you to register your FireTV device anew when you shift to a country where the service provider is supported.
Below are the only locations in which FireTV is officially supported by Amazon:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- India (2nd Gen Fire TV Stick only)
Amazon Prime account holders can continue to access Prime exclusive content by changing their regions (Only among the ones mentioned here). However, everything outside the purview of your Prime subscription, will remain geo-restricted.
Now, if you want to register your device in another country (only among the supported ones) again, you will first need to change your address and add a new one to your Amazon account.
- Enter your user credentials and sign in to your Prime account
- Now on the top right bar of the page, click on the option for your account and then go to Manage Your Content and Devices > Preferences > Country/Region Settings
- Then, click on Preferences > Country/Region Settings > Change
- Through the assistance of a valid postal address, you can change your country easily here
- For using the FireTV device in new countries, you will have to undergo the whole registration process like this every single time a location is changed.
How Can I Update VPN Apps on Firestick
If you’ve used a provider’s official FireTV app, you wont need to do anything to install updates on it as it automatically receives them.
But if you’ve sideloaded the app, the updates wont come that easy.
Go to the “About” page on the app and note down the version. Now go to its official app listing in an app store like the Play store and match the version you have with the version there. If there is a difference, an update is due.
- To install this new update, you will have to first force stop your app.
- On the Home screen, navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage installed applications
- Navigate to the installed VPN application
- Select “Force Stop”
- Now, its best that you follow the side-loading method to re-install the app, without deleting the original file
- Doing this, will make the FireTV prompt you on whether you want to install this update or not? It will also inquire about any new permission you might want to give. Proceed with positive to each of them
- Now the update will get installed
- Once done, you will be required to log-in to your VPN app with your user credentials again
Control your Firestick VPN with a Mouse App
FireTV devices come with their own remote controls, but even though that remote looks cool and can work perfectly on the device itself, it is not good enough for use with VPN apps.
VPN apps are difficult to use on FireTV devices, primarily because of their build which cant be controlled well with the FireTV remote and its direction oriented nature.
VPN apps require you to have a mouse, which can offer round-the-screen dexterity.
A Bluetooth mouse is a good option, so if you have that, connect it to your FireTV and use it.
Amazon does offer its own FireTV remote app, which can be downloaded on Android and iOS phones, but its just like the physical remote and won’t give you the required dexterity.
The only good enough option for this purpose is to get an app named “Remote for FireTV”.
This is a third party app and is not officially endorsed by Amazon, but still, it works great on Android phones and gives you mouse like control.
Remote for FireTV is a paid app that you can buy for $2.
But do remember here that you can only download this app for use with FireTV devices through the Amazon store only. The one on Google Play is to be used with Android TV devices, so don’t mix the two up!
This app is also available on iTunes store for it to be used by users who have Apple phones, but the reviews are no-good there, so we would advise you to exercise caution before going for it here.
Get the installation process done with on your FireTV after you’ve installed it on your phone, and go for option 1 first. Toggle it to “ON”.
The second option to boot open the app is not recommended unless the first one is not responding.
You will know the app is working when you will see a “Started” notification at the bottom of your screen.
Now take care of these important steps to ensure proper connectivity with the remote and the FireTV device:
- Connect your Android phone to the same Wifi Network on which your FireTV is connected to or they wont work
- Now on your Android phone, open the “Remote for FireTV” app and check for FireTV option
- Connect to it
- Once connected, your mobile’s screen will now double up as a touchpad
- For clicking on something, just point the cursor at it and tap on the screen
- The app also offers S-up and S-Down options for scrolling up or down on FireTV
Best VPN for FireStick Reddit Reviews
The threads on Reddit are always great in presenting the views of users first-hand on anything and everything and the Best part about them is that these opinions are highly trustworthy. For the Best VPN with Firestick, users stuck to the most popular VPN providers out there and reiterated their quality of service that stands unparalleled over other, lesser-known VPNs.
NordVPN and PIA got rave reviews for their supreme standards and impressive features like no logs, ad-blocking functionalities and is not so expensive.
One user said that if you are looking to unblock geo-restricted content through a VPN, then NordVPN and ExpressVPN are the only ones that are worth mentioning. The comment of that user further pointed out that cheaper VPN services won’t ever provide you with the same user experience as afforded by the more expensive but popular VPN providers.
Other user favorites for Best cheap VPN with FireStick included PureVPN and users noted this service for its blazing fast speeds, a sign of top-grade, server infrastructure at work. Our roundup of all the threads on Reddit that discussed the Best VPN for FireTV, is that the popular VPN services take the cake by providing users with the Best experience possible and remain perched on top even in this niche category.
While we were expecting that there would be mentions of setting up dedicated IPs, personal VPN connections, off beat VPN providers, we found none of those here. This implies that users in this niche category are zero-fluff, everyday users, who vouch for reliable services they can count on anytime.
Another added advantage of using these popular VPN providers is that they are the first to provide immaculate support to new, emerging platforms like FireStick and that’s the primary reason why you see just these few names dominate the conversations on Reddit.
Our recommendations are not very different from those observed in the Reddit threads, and we advise our readers to opt for only those VPN services that have years of market credibility and offer high-quality features and you won’t stand disappointed too often. But if you’re still not able to find your desired VPN provider, then do take your time and check out the best vpn reddit for 2019
Best VPN for Firestick Kodi
Pairing up Kodi with Amazon’s FireStick seems like a very natural option considering the fact that Kodi is one of the most popular streaming apps in the world.
For Firestick and Kodi users, its a one-stop solution for all of your streaming needs. However, the hundreds of great add-ons for Kodi will not work well without the aid of a VPN in unlocking geo-restricted content. If you want the ultimate viewing experience then the Kodi VPN combo is unmatchable in catering to that need spectacularly.
Here is how you can get that combo within minutes:
- Launch Fire TV and go to “Settings”
- Select “Develop Options”
- Here, you will see an option i.e. “Apps from Unknown Sources”. Turn it on
- Return to the Home screen again
- Select “Apps” from the menu
- Opt for “Collections” and select “New Releases and Updates”
- Search for “Downloader” app by scrolling down
- Download it to your Fire TV
- Once the downloading process is complete, open the app and go to “Browser Options”
- Type the web address of your VPN provider for e.g. ‘https://www.purevpn.com/’
- Now, select “Get ExpressVPN”
- Now click on ‘Get PureVPN’
- Return to the Browser option and select the three line menu located on the right side
- Click on “Apps” -> “Download”
- The file will now start downloading and normally takes a few minutes
- Once downloading is complete, select “Install”
- Now click on “Done”
- Return to the Home screen and go to “Apps and Games”
- Here select the installed VPN app for e.g. “ExpressVPN”
- Enter your login/user credentials
- Enjoy using Kodi
- Click Home Button > Apps and Games > PureVPN
- Login User ID and Password
- You’re ready to use Kodi on vpn firestick.
- Enjoy the unlimited Add-ons Kodi has on offer and stream content like never before!
How to Un-install/Remove/Delete VPN for Firestick
While there are loads of solutions available on how you can get a VPN on your Firestick, you will be met with utter silence if you try and Google the query “how to uninstall VPN from Firestick”.
The process to do so is extremely easy and straightforward, not requiring much effort at all, but as many of these providers are commercial services, they just wont tell you how you can uninstall their app from your Firestick device.
I don’t exactly know the twisted logic behind this one seriously.
But, as per this site’s policy i.e. to facilitate VPN users through all means, I cover the way to uninstall a VPN app from Firestick:
Lets take ExpressVPN as an example here and here’s how the un-installation can be done in under a minute at max:
- Visit Google Play Store and search for the query “ExpressVPN”
- Select the “Uninstall” Option and your app will be easily uninstalled
I also contacted PureVPN’s support to know how can a user uninstall their app from the FireTV device and they gave a detailed reply complete with the method to do so:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications
- Find “PureVPN” and you will be prompted with two options i.e. Delete and Uninstall, select either one of them and you are done with it!
And Oh, PureVPN is not offering Smart DNS service anymore! Not very relevant here, but since I was probing their support for answers on the un-installation/removal process for their VPN service from FireTV in all forms, I came across this answer.
Their chat support also stands transformed these days as they are seemingly better adept at answering tricky queries but also while honestly telling us about their service’s shortcomings!
The Best VPN for FireTV, according to our informed opinion and the overall review, are those that provide dedicated apps for the platform. This makes it a whole lot easier to configure premium VPN on your device and cuts it down to just two-three steps until you are ready to go.
The manual installation process is quite cumbersome and tends to take up a lot of time and effort, so we recommend that you avoid that much effort if the same quality of service is available with a minimum level of fuss.
Niche support is our key basis for supporting a VPN for FireStick and until the apps for the platform become mainstream, this will definitely gain the maximum weight while making a decision to opt for a VPN to work with the device. We don`t recommend any free vpn for firestick.
Please be careful about signing up with a free VPN for Firestick. They are simply not trustworthy and come with a lot of limitations concerning bandwidth allocated, data usage, and servers available for connectivity. Not to mention, they have confusion privacy policies that trick users into believing that they do not store logs, but in reality they record activity/connectivity information and then sell them to third-party advertisers. Trust me, you will gain way more value with a paid VPN provider with a verified reputation in the marketplace.