How To Get South African IP Address In 2022
Outside South Africa, you can’t access several websites. Copyright and broadcasting issues prevent, including South African sites including MediaBox, Netflix South Africa, and StarSat. “How To Get South African IP Address In 2022” offers information on the latest VPNs and reliable techniques to unblock prohibited South African content.
There are many ways to bypass limitations and enjoy content online. Utilizing a VPN is the best of all to get South African IP addresses. Using a VPN changes your IP address and encrypts your communications, making them unreadable to anyone.
A vital issue with VPNs is that the majority of them lack servers in South Africa. We had to test over 20 of the most popular VPNs to determine which ones were the best to get a South African IP address.
Among all the tested VPNs, ExpressVPN is our top choice to get a South African IP address due to its ultra-fast and secure network. It boasts strong security measures and access to every website. All packages of this service come with a 30-day money-back guarantee that makes trying it risk-free.
How To Get South African IP Address – Simple Steps To Follow
It is simple and quick to get a South African IP address. Follow the enlisted simple steps :
- Select a credible VPN to acquire South African IP address. ExpressVPN is strongly recommended.
- Download and install an application that suits your device.
- Delete all browser cookies and clear the cache.
- Launch the VPN application and pick a South African server.
- You now have a South African IP address! if you are not able to unblock, select any other South African servers inside the VPN app.
Best VPN To Get South African IP Address – A Quick Glance
If you do not have time to go through the details of every VPN discussed in “How To Get South African IP Address”, here is a glance at the top VPNs to get a South African IP address. The picked ones are the most reliable and affordable as well.
- ExpressVPN is the top pick to get a South African IP address. ExpressVPN has a total number of 3000+ servers in 94+ countries. These fast servers are ideal for unblocking the majority of SA websites. ExpressVPN costs $6.67/mo on a 1-year plan.
- NordVPN is a most secured network with a total number of 5600+ servers in 59+ countries. Unparalleled speeds, top security, and no logging. There are numerous servers in SA. 30-day money-back guarantee included. NordVPN costs $3.99/mo on a 1-year plan.
- Surfshark is considered the best affordable VPN service. Surfshark has a total sum of 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. Secures connections on an infinite number of devices and is compatible with streaming sites. Surshark costs $2.49/mo on a 1-year plan.
- CyberGhost provides dependable service and strong security. CyberGhost has a total of 6000+ servers in 88 countries. CyberGhost costs $2.29/mo on a 1-year plan.
- IPVanish is great for Kodi users. IPVanish has 2000+ servers in 75 countries. Use it on up to ten devices simultaneously. IPVanish costs $3.99/mo on a 1-year plan.
Best VPN To Get South African IP Address – A Detailed Analysis
The most difficult component of acquiring a South African IP address is opting for a VPN provider. There are numerous South African VPNs to choose from, so we’ve done our best to simplify things for you.
ExpressVPN – Overall Best VPN Service To Get South African IP Address
- Network Description – ExpressVPN has servers in over 3000+ servers in 94+ countries.
- Cash-Back Assurance – There is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Data Security – with a strict no-logging policy and avoidance of DNS/IP leaks
- Concurrent Device Connections – There are a maximum of five connections authorized.
- Pricing Plan ExpressVPN costs $6.67/mo on a 1-year plan.
ExpressVPN is considered the best VPN service to get a South African IP address. ExpressVPN maintains over 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, allowing you to access the content from anywhere. This means that you can access BBC iPlayer, Netflix, SABC, ESPN+, Disney+, eTV, SuperSport, and DStv from outside the country.
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, which places it outside the Fourteen Eyes spy collaboration (as well as 9 Eyes and 5 Eyes). It is said that no internet activity logs are maintained as they have a stringent no-logs policy.
ExpressVPN also offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak prevention, a kill switch, and split tunneling, making it one of the most secure VPNs available. Lightway is an innovative open-source protocol aimed to boost VPN connection performance and efficiency.
ExpressVPN offers applications for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and a range of Routers. ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer smart DNS proxy allows consoles and smart TVs to connect to the service. Trustpilot ranks ExpressVPN at 4.7 on a scale of 5.00.
ExpressVPN offers browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. ExpressVPN costs $6.67/mo on a 1-year plan. To resolve any technical issue you can connect to live chat available 24/7.
- High download and streaming speeds.
- Comprehensive security and privacy features.
- Bypasses location detection systems.
- Live chat support.
- Expensive as compared to other alternatives.
- Limited to five simultaneous connections.
To read more about it, Check out ExpressVPN Review
NordVPN – Intensely Secure Network To Watch South African Content
- Network Description – There are 5600+ servers in 59+ countries.
- Cash-Back Assurance – 30-day cash-back guarantee
- Data Protection – with a rigorous no-logging policy and prevention of DNS/IP leaks
- Concurrent Device Connections – are six.
- Price Plan – NordVPN costs $3.99/mo on a 1-year plan
NordVPN is intensely secured and provides anonymity to access blocked South African platforms. Its network consists of over 5600+ servers in 59+ countries. Over 25 of these servers are situated in South Africa helping to unclog SABC, ESPN+, Netflix, Disney+, eTV, SuperSport, BBC iPlayer, DStv, and more.
NordVPN circumvents location detection systems and its speeds are sufficient for video streaming and downloads. The firm keeps no client records due to the no-logs policy, so your online activities cannot be tracked.
NordVPN contains a kill switch, an ad blocker, a pop-up blocker, and a mechanism that prevents malicious websites from launching in your browser. Additionally, you may opt for a dual VPN connection or Tor over VPN.
Encryption ensures the anonymity of connections. The session setup phase is protected by a 2048-bit RSA cipher, while communications are encrypted using 256-bit AES.
Another feature of security is NordLynx which is a next-generation VPN protocol. It accelerates communications to NordVPN servers while not sacrificing confidentiality.
The application is compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, and Android TV. There are extensions available for Chrome and Firefox. Raspberry Pi and some routers can manually install the service
It allows you to connect up to six devices concurrently. All packages come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you need any technical assistance live chat is available 24/7. Trust Pilot ranks it 4.4 on a scale of 5.0.
- Excellent streaming connection speeds
- Robust security measures
- More than 25 servers in South Africa
- Six simultaneous connections allowed
- A no-logs policy
- A bit sluggish applications for PCs.
To read more about it, Check out NordVPN Review
Surfshark – Affordable Prices with Reliable Service To Get South African IP Address
- Network Description – The network comprises servers in 3200+ servers in 65+ countries.
- Data Privacy – Strict no-logs policy and DNS/IP leakage prevention
- Concurrent Device Connections – unlimited connections
- Money-Back Guarantee – for 30 Days
- Price Plans – Surshark costs $2.49/mo on a 1-year plan.
Surfshark has the most affordable prices with reliable services to get a South African IP address. The global server network of Surfshark contains more than 3200+ servers in 65+ countries that help users to enjoy watching restricted content from Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, SABC, and ESPN+.
Surfshark connection speeds are sufficient for all of your preferred online activities. Online activities that are supported include HD video streaming, fast-paced online gaming, and the exchange of huge files. Never are data limitations or bandwidth throttling implemented.
Using military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak prevention, the service ensures that your online activities are untraceable. Add ad blocking, banning of trackers and malware, and protection against phishing, and you have ideal online security.
A “MultiHop” server option passes your connection across a pair of VPN servers, doubling encryption and secrecy. In conjunction with a stringent no-logs policy, a bitcoin payment option provides total privacy protection.
There are user-friendly applications available for Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, and macOS devices. Available are the extensions for the Chrome and Firefox browsers. Additionally, the service is compatible with a variety of router brands and types.
A policy of unlimited concurrent connections allows you to connect all of your supported devices to Surfshark VPN servers simultaneously. Surshark costs $2.49/mo on a 1-year plan. For any technical issues live chat service is available 24/7. On a scale of 5.0 Trust Pilots ranks this service at 4.4.
- Offers dependable connectivity to South African platforms.
- Unlimited concurrent connections
- Rapid connectivity.
- Globally expanding network.
- Their apps are not easy to use.
To read more about it, Check out Surfshark Review
CyberGhost – Ultra HD Streaming Without Lag To Watch South African Content
- Network Description – The network consists of more than 6000+ servers in 88 countries.
- Data Privacy – Strict no-logs policy and DNS/IP leakage prevention
- Concurrent Device Connections – 07 per device
- Money-Back Guarantee – for 45 Days
- Price Plans – CyberGhost costs $2.29/mo on a 1-year plan.
CyberGhost is famous for its lag-free ultra-fast streaming in the region of South Africa. CyberGhost has more than 6000+ servers in 88 countries, 10 of which are in South Africa provides aid for customers to get South African IP addresses to enjoy content from ESPN+, Disney+, Netflix, SABC, and, BBC iPlayer.
The 45 days money-back guarantee allows you to test the product without risk. The evaluation of CyberGhost revealed that it is a fast VPN for web surfing, streaming movies, and television shows. Connectivity is also reliable, with constant speeds and no interruptions. CyberGhost offers round-the-clock client help via live email and live chat, should you face any problems.
CyberGhost enables communications on up to seven devices concurrently. The applications are simple to use, enabling you to sort by region and server. You may tailor your experience by banning advertisements, enforcing HTTPS, and compressing data with the use of several toggle switches.
CyberGhost is headquartered in Romania, which lacks statutory data retention regulations. It boasts 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IP leak prevention, and automated kill switch, and a strict no-logging policy, making it a secure VPN.
CyberGhost is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Fire Stick devices. Although there are no applications for routers, they may be manually adjusted. Trust pilot ranks it 4.6 on a scale of 5.00.
- Extremely robust encryption.
- High speeds for downloading and video streaming
- Seven simultaneous device support
- Applications that are straightforward to operate
- Fewer customizing options than some rivals
To read more about it, Check out CyberGhost Review
IPVanish – Best VPN for Kodi Users To Get South African IP Address
- Network Description – They operate servers in 2000+ servers in 75 countries.
- Data Privacy – Strict no-logging policy and DNS/IP leak protection
- Money-Back Guarantee – is for 30-days
- Concurrent Connections – 10 per user
- Price Plans – IPVanish costs $3.99/mo on a 1-year plan.
IPVanish has long been a dependable VPN service that provides the best services for Kodi users to get a South African IP address. IPVanish works particularly well when it comes to unblocking geo-restricted content in South Africa and throughout the world.
Overall it has 2000+ servers in 75 countries, out of which seven servers are in Johannesburg, South Africa. The service is compatible with SABC, ESPN+, Disney+, Netflix, and, BBC iPlayer, providing high-speed connections and limitless data.
IPVanish’s ability to support ten simultaneous connections on numerous devices is a major selling factor. This is significantly more than most VPNs provide. It offers 24/7 customer service and a 30-day money-back guarantee, making it a VPN worth considering.
With 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak prevention, and a kill switch, IPVanish provides a high degree of security. It offers a zero-logs policy, allowing you to access the web privately.
IPVanish offers applications for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. With IPVanish, Linux and routers may be manually configured. Trust Pilot ranks this service at 4.6 on a scale of 5.0.
- High-speed connections
- Fast and easy to connect to up to 10 devices at once
- Superb cross-platform compatibility
- It is impossible to unblock many services
To read more about it, Check out IPVanish Review
Choosing Best VPN to Get South African IP Address – Methodology
When it comes to how to get South African IP address, you may question how we opt for the best VPNs. There are, of course, many VPN providers to choose from! Our technique takes into account the following factors:
- Servers in South Africa: This indicates that the quality of the unblocking services will improve in direct proportion to the strength of the networks present inside a given region. The more the number of active servers, the more will be the quality of service.
- Speed: Before using a VPN, it is important to examine the user’s need for lag-free connectivity and incredibly fast bandwidth.
- Unblocking: Unblocking facilities will be of higher quality if there are more activated in a given area. It’s an important consideration while choosing a VPN.
- Security: It’d be wonderful if browsing the web could be done in complete safety and anonymity. Everybody avoids putting their credentials on the stack. To ensure your online privacy and safety, you must research a VPN provider’s security methods and technologies before signing up for a service.
- Privacy: There should have no traces of the user’s internet activity. Users should be able to stay anonymous.
- Ease of use: The VPN service’s apps should not cause any inconvenience to its customers. When selecting a VPN, we kept in mind that the software’s User Interface (UI) must be easy to use.
- Value for Money: The user must be able to derive some benefit from the service they’ve paid for. In exchange for the money it charges, a VPN must make its users’ lives easier.
Get South African IP Address With a Free VPN – Yes or No?
Free VPNs are available, however, you may not be able to access South African websites abroad. Free and inexpensive VPNs lack South African servers. Massive user numbers on a tiny server network make free VPNs sluggish.
VPNs safeguard internet privacy. Free internet services offer data to advertisers, lack a kill button, DNS leak prevention, and encryption. Some VPNs include viruses, so watch what you download. A reliable supplier’s monthly charge is worth it.
How To Get South African IP Address – FAQs
Is VPN legal in SA?
Using a virtual private network (VPN) is legal in South Africa. If you’re using a VPN for a legitimate purpose, you won’t have to worry about any illicit action that falls under cybercrime.
Is the use of a proxy in South Africa equivalent to a VPN?
The use of a proxy in South Africa does not equate to the use of a VPN. Understanding the difference between a proxy and a virtual private network (VPN) is critical. Both a VPN and a proxy server hide your identity, but a VPN additionally encrypts your internet traffic, making it more secure.
Using a VPN or proxy, a person in South Africa can access geographically restricted websites and services. Only a VPN, on the other hand, can keep you safe from snoopers and hackers.
How do I check if my IP address has changed to South Africa?
Use one of our suggested VPNs to connect to a South African server, and then check your IP address online with the help of IP checking websites available for free. You have an IP address in South Africa if you can access the blocked content from the country.
Try reconnecting if you’re having issues. VPNs with reliable servers in South Africa, such as those we tested, are less likely to cause problems.
Is Netflix in South Africa different than in the United States?
Whereas the Netflix appearance is the same across areas, the content varies. This is the situation with the Netflix versions from the United States and South Africa.
Due to licensing and copyright constraints, certain Netflix content is unavailable in some locations.
Wrapping Things Up
It’s difficult to locate a VPN service with South African servers that’s fast, trustworthy, and flexible. So, to aid our readers in obtaining a South African IP address and gaining access to restricted content, we’ve written this tutorial, “How To Get South African IP Address in 2022”
To get a South African IP address, we suggest using ExpressVPN. Access to South African webpages and online streaming is a breeze because it’s South African servers have lightning-fast speeds.