How to Install Netflix on Kodi – 5 Minutes Installation Guide | BestVPN.co
Ranking as the most popular streaming service, Netflix has successfully indulged itself into the lives of the common man, creating a whole new era of entertainment. One that grants users to watch their favorite movies/TV shows on any device, at the utmost level of convenience.
The add-on counterpart is no different. It may not be official but boasts the same user-friendly interface. Also, imagine the benefits of Netflix and Kodi combined. Are you excited about getting the extension? If so, then read this five minutes installation guide for the Netflix Kodi Add-on!
Netflix Kodi Free
The Netflix XBMC add-on available from the Alelec Repository is the top choice for most users who want the best cinematic experience. You can download it FREE and then sign into your account to gain access to your favorite movies/TV shows.
The Alelec Repo comes equipped with two of the best video add-ons for Kodi: NetfliXBMC and SBS on Demand. To download the zip file for the repo, click on this link. You can also add the source manually by entering “File Manager” and then paste the following URL: https://www.alelec.net/kodi/.
How to Install Netflix Add-on on Kodi LEIA
- Open the Kodi LEIA app and click on the “Gear” icon.
- From the list of settings, click on “File Manager”.
- Scroll down and select “Add Source”.
- Double-click on “None” and enter https://www.alelec.net/kodi into the URL bar.
- Give the media source a name (i.e. Alelec Repo) and click on “Ok”.
- Return to the Kodi main menu and select “Add-ons”.
- On the top left corner, click on the “Package” symbol.
- Scroll down and select “Install from Zip File”.
- Click on the media source you added earlier: Alelec Repo.
- Scroll down and select the “repository.alelec.zip” file.
- Return to the previous menu and select “Install from repository”.
- Select the Alelec Kodi Repo.
- Go to “Video Add-ons”.
- Select “NetfliXBMC”.
- Hit the “Install” button.
- Enjoy using NetfliXBMC on Kodi LEIA.
How to Install Kodi Netflix Add-on on Jarvis Version 16
- Open Kodi V16 Jarvis and click on the “System” option.
- Navigate and select “File Manager” tab.
- Choose the “Add Source” option.
- Double-click on “None” to enter URL.
- Copy/Paste http://soullessbuilds.com/repo/.
- Give a name to the source, such as “Soulless”.
- Click on System > Add-ons > Install from Zip File.
- Select “Soulless” and double-click to begin installation.
- Return to the home screen and select “Programs”.
- Select the “Soulless Repo” and go to Video Add-ons.
- Open Poseidon and hit the Install button!
How to Install Kodi Netflix Add-on on Windows
Learning how to install the Netflix Kodi Add-on is incredibly simple and straightforward. All you have to do is follow the same steps mentioned above i.e. install the Alelec repository and then find the Netflix XBMC extension from the list of Video add-ons.
How to Install Kodi Netflix Add-on on Krypton V17 in Firestick
Most Firestick users get excited about the Netflix add-on, as it allows them to enjoy an uninterrupted streaming experience. However, many face issues while installing Kodi itself. Below we have listed the complete steps for installing Kodi and then the NetfliXBMC Add-on on Firestick:
Install NetfliXBMC Add-on on Firestick
- Launch Firestick TV and click on System
- Select Settings and then “Developer Options”
- Enable Apps for Unknown Sources and “ABD Debugging”
- Go back to home menu, click on the search icon, and enter “Downloader”
- Click on the “Downloader” icon and hit the select button on the remote
- Launch the app, select “Allow”, and OK on the welcome window
- Enter http://troypoint.com/kodistable into the URL bar
- Wait for the file to download and click “install” on the Kodi setup page
- Go back to home menu and type “Kodi” in the search bar
- Open the Kodi application and repeat steps above for Kodi LEIA
- Enjoy watching your favorite movies/TV shows on Fire TV
How to Install Kodi Netflix Add-on on Raspberry Pi
The Kodi media center has developed a great reputation online that it has even generated interest among the rookie developer community. Users want to learn how to install the application for experimental purposes and some for just entertainment. Below we highlight steps for installing Kodi on Raspberry Pi, along with the NetfliXBMC add-on:
Install Kodi on Raspberry Pi Using OpenELEC
- To install Netflix on Raspberry Pi, create a pre-built Kodi image file to a MicroSD card
- Download the OpenELEC Image file from here (locate the Raspberry Pi version you are using)
- Wait for the download to complete and then extract the .GZ image file with WinRar or WinZip
- Write the unzipped image file to the MicroSD Card using Wind32 Disk Imager
- Insert the MicroSD into the card slot and then launch the imager app
- Navigate to the OpenELEC image file you want to extract
- Write the image file to the MicroSD Card, remove once done
- Insert the card into your Raspberry Pi and launch the Kodi app
Install Netflix Kodi Add-on on Raspberry Pi
- Click on the “Gear” icon and then “File Manager”
- Add the Alelec Repo media source: https://www.alelec.net/kodi/
- Return to the Kodi main menu, select add-ons, and click on “Package” symbol
- Select “Install from zip File” > Alelec Repo > repository.alelec.zip
- Return to the previous menu, select “Install from repository”
- Open “Alelec Kodi Repo” > Video Add-ons > NetfliXBMC
- Hit the install button and enjoy streaming your favorite movies/TV shows!
Netflix Kodi Add-on Download – Direct Zip Method
If the above method of manually adding the repo does not work, you can always choose to install the Netflix Kodi add-on from the zip file directly. This process tends to be a lot easier and rids the hassle of adding multiple sources. Follow the instructions below:
- Download the latest NetfliXBMC add-on file from here
- Launch your Kodi Application and select “Add-ons”
- Click on the “Package” symbol on the top left corner
- Select “Install from Zip File” to begin the process
- Find where you saved your file “plugin.video.netflix-master”
- Click on the file to begin the installation
- You will now find NetfliXBMC in “Video Add-ons”
Netflix Kodi Add-on Not Working/Errors/Issues
Add-on Not Installed
One of the main reasons you might be seeing this error is due to obsolete repositories. Clear all repos that are no longer operation, as Kodi may often grab content from them – hence displaying errors. Another option is to install the Indigo add-on and clear your cache.
Could Not Retrieve Directory Information
This error is a clear indication of the Alelec repository not responding back to a server request. There could be many reasons as to why this may happen. Make sure you enter the right URL address to fix the problem or simply recheck after a few hours. Oftentimes, repos may shut down for maintenance.
Netflix Kodi FAQs
Can You Put Netflix on Kodi?
Yes, you definitely can. Though Netflix does not have an official add-on for Kodi, the Alelec Repo version is the closest thing to it. You can download it by following our steps mentioned above. Nevertheless, if you encounter any troubles, do not hesitate on commenting below.
How Do I Install Netflix On My Android Box?
The process is quite simple. Just head to the Google Play Store and search for “Kodi”. Hit the install button and enjoy using the media center for streaming FREE movies/TV shows. You can even find apps for iOS, Mac, Linux, and a variety other platforms at the official Kodi website.
Wrapping Things Up
Kodi is a remarkable entertainment software, which allows users from all over the world to access premium content. Combined with Netflix, you can now enjoy an unfiltered and complete cinema experience. Just download the add-on following the steps mentioned above, enter your username and password, and get to binge-watching right away. P.S – don’t forget to stock up on the munchies!