Mobdro on Firestick – Install This Free App in 2 Minutes on Your Device
FireTV’s official app store doesn’t have Mobdro, which is perhaps the best live TV free streaming app/service I’ve come across till now. It hosts hundreds of live satellite channels from every single category. From news to entertainment to sports, Mobdro has everything you might need, so why not learn to set it up on your FireTV through sideloading?
And its not that difficult at all as you just need to follow a few steps to get up and running. On top of this, you might need a VPN for firestick to ensure that streaming Mobdro Firestick doesn’t get you in any lawsuit related to copyrights. The best VPN come with their client apps these days, making it a whole lot easier to do so.
Apart from the installation guide, I will also be telling you on how to get past troubleshooting if Mobdro isn’t working on your FireTV device, is there an apk. Installation method or not and more in this guide
How To Download Mobdro On Firestick?
Whether you have FireTV or a Firestick, you would know that there is an official app store on it. But that app store doesn’t offer Mobdro because this service, despite being so good, is a bit controversial due to its uninhibited free live streaming capabilities.
So if the app store doesn’t have it, then what method do we have to get it installed on our Firestick? Sideloading!
Sideloading is basically when you install apps on a certain device through the unofficial process.
To start this off, you will need to turn on the option for “Install from Unknown Sources” on your Firestick. Enabling this functionality will allow your Firestick to install apps from places other than the official Amazon FireTV app store.
You can do this by following these easy steps:
- After launching your Firestick, click on “Settings” (Its in the menu bar on the top of the main home screen)
- In the settings menu, scroll to “My FireTV / Device” option
- Click on it and it will open up a sub menu. Scroll down on that list and click on “Developer Options”
- You will now see an option named “Apps from Unknown Sources”. Scroll down to it and click on it
- If its “Off” then turn it “On”. The device will prompt you with a warning message now on enabling this option. Click “Turn On” again
You are now just steps away from getting the Mobdro app on your Firestick, keep going!
How To Install Mobdro On Firestick?
Now that you’ve authorized your Firestick device to install apps from unknown sources, you will need another app that can download the Mobdro apk for you and that because any browser from Firestick cannot allow you to do that directly.
In this regard, my first choice app is the “Downloader”, which allows you to install and run countless apps like Mobdro quite easily.
When I first got Firestick, Downloader was the app I got downloaded first as it paved the way for me to make my Firestick experience more amplified and enjoyable.
The Downloader app is available on the Amazon FireTV app store, so you shouldn’t have any problems downloading and installing it.
To download this app, just go to search option on the app store, type “Downloader” and the app will show up in the results, just follow the instructions you get from the device itself and the app will easily get downloaded and installed within a minute if you have reasonably fast internet connection.
Once the Downloader app is installed, Mobdro is a few steps away, here’s how it goes:
- Open Downloader and ensure that the option menu on the right side is on “Home” (Its usually selected by default)
- Now, you will see a URL address field, where you need to type in this address https://mobdro.news/ddl-mobdro/apk/ and just tap on “Go” to start the download automatically
- Wait for a while to allow for Mobdro to get downloaded (This shouldn’t take long)
- Once the Mobdro setup is downloaded, Downloader will automatically start installing the app
- You will see an option for allowing the Mobdro app to access some information, click on “Next” and then on the next screen, click on “Install” to start the actual installation process
- The app will install in a few moments and once its done, it will ask you whether you want to open it or to exit by clicking on “Done”. Click on “Done” as we need to delete the Mobdro apk file as it will take up unnecessary space without serving any function (Mobdro app will work even without this)
- You will now be navigate back to Downloader’s main interface. Click on the “Delete” option and then do it again to remove the Mobdro apk file from the system
- Now if you want to access Mobdro, any time, just open “Apps” and click on Mobdro icon to start the app!
- You can also move Mobdro app to your favorite position on your home screen by simply pressing the menu button when the select option is on Mobdro app (Button with the three bars) and click on “Move to Front” to move it ahead of all apps and in first place, or just select “Move” and scroll it to the place you like and press “Select”
- Do note one thing here and that is, Mobdro is a free live TV app and not all things on it are free of copyright. If you come across such a thing, avoid watching it, but keeping track of that is next to impossible, so its best to avoid any lawsuits and litigation charges for watching copyright content.
How To Update Mobdro On Firestick
One major problem here is that you cannot directly update your Mobdro app on Firestick like you do on Android or other platforms. The only way to download the latest version of the Mobdro app is to uninstall the previous version of Mobdro from your device and then re-download and install the new version by following the same process mentioned above.
Mobdro APK Firestick
As I said earlier, you cannot directly download the Mobdro apk file from any Firestick browser. I know that because I have tried doing this through all of them.
The best option for you is to use the downloader app from above to install not just the Mobdro app but also any other Android app on your Firestick device.
The Downloader app basically jailbreaks your Firestick and allows you to access and use apps from outside the FireTV app store.
Mobdro Not Working On Firestick
Mobdro, like every other app, can encounter errors and problems that bar it from working properly.
Lets run you down through each error and its easy solution:
List of categories is empty
This one is literally a one step process. Just install DNS charger APK to get through this one. But this problem wont happen to everyone as it very a rare occurrence.
Cant Load Data
Either you need to correct your device’s data and time or you are using a very bad VPN service that you need replace with a good one right away.
Mobdro has stopped working
Just like on Android, this happens when the device is out of space.
To get through this one, simple go to Settings > Application > Application Manager > All > Mobdro > Clear Cache
Mobdro Currently Offline
Check your internet connection or your device’s Wi-fi settings.
What Is Mobdro On Firestick?
Mobdro is a highly popular IPTV app with tons of free live channels available in all categories and by sideloading method, you can also use it on your Firestick device for maximum entertainment.
How To Stop Ads On Mobdro Firestick?
If you are using a VPN with your Mobdro, then choose one that comes with a pre-equipped ad-blocker like PureVPN to ensure that your Mobdro experience remains nuisance free.
Is Mobdro Safe To Use?
Yes it’s a perfectly safe device to use as its free from any sort of malware and dubious links, however, you should use it with a VPN so that you stay protected in case you accidentally stream anything that was copyrighted.
Mobdro is the best free TV app for your Firestick device and getting it will easily allow you to diversify your viewing choices on the device. This guide will easily allow you to get Mobdro installed on your Firestick device, but for maximum entertainment without major security or legal concerns, use Mobdro with a VPN.
Get. Set. Mobdro!