Best VPNs for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea 2023
Using the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea helps you bypass the geo-limitations imposed by popular streaming sites like Hulu, Hayu, HBO Max, Netflix, and many others. When connected to a reliable VPN, there is no limit to the content that you can enjoy streaming on your Smart TV. A VPN is helpful as it masks your original IP address.
However, it is essential to note that Samsung Smart TVs run on the Tizen Operating system, an OS that does not support VPNs directly. For this reason, you must sign up for a premium VPN like ExpressVPN that offers a Smart DNS feature. In this way, you can easily install the VPN app on your router and then configure it on your Samsung Smart TV. Wondering how to do so? Don’t fret. Continue reading our guide as we have discussed all the steps in our guide.
Are you thinking about which VPN is the best one for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea? Have a look right below!
Quick Overview: The Best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea
Here is the quick overview of the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea 2023:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea: It is located in 94 countries with 3000 servers. It offers unlimited bandwidth for streaming, even in 4k quality. You can avail of its subscription at a price of KRW 8891.02 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea: It has 3200 servers in 65 countries across the globe. The price of Surfshark is only KRW 3319.13 /mo (US$ 2.49 /mo ) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). On a single subscription, you can connect unlimited devices simultaneously.
- NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea: You can watch your favorite geo-strict content as it provides fast speed and unlimited bandwidth. Globally, it has 5600 servers located in 59 countries. You can avail this VPN at the cost of KRW 5318.61 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan).
Why do you need a VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea?
A VPN is needed if you want to stream geo-restricted content on Samsung Smart TV. For instance, Foxtel Now is a streaming service in Australia. With the help of the best VPN for Samsung TV in South Korea, you can access its content easily at your home location.
Since Samsung Smart TVs are based on the Tizen operating system, you cannot access the VPN on it until you have subscribed to a VPN with apps for your router. It helps in configuring the VPN with your Smart TV using the Smart DNS feature.
When you connect to the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea like ExpressVPN, it diverts the restriction and pretends the user is in the specific region. Hence you can watch your favorite streaming platform easily from any territory.
There is no limit on the streaming services you can enjoy on your Samsung Smart TV when connected to a VPN. You can easily access Crave TV, Voot, Vudu, Disney Plus, Hotstar, HBO Max, and many others without any location restrictions.
3 Best VPNs for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea – [Detailed Analysis 2023]
We have carefully tested and evaluated the Best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea to find the best option for you. These VPNs were assessed using several criteria: speed, server count, multiserver connectivity, cost, and other important elements.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea as it is reliable and offers lightning-fast speed. For its easy-to-use MediaStreamer feature, it makes it at the top of our list for streaming on Samsung Smart TV.
It has 3000 servers located in 94 countries. With a large number of servers, restrictions on streaming platforms like Hulu, HBO Max, and Disney Plus can be bypassed by connecting to the New York server of ExpressVPN. Similarly, you can connect to the Toronto server to unblock Canadian sites like Crave TV.
We ran an ExpressVPN speed test South Korea on its servers, the results found were excellent, with downloading and uploading speeds of 89.42 Mbps and 86.64 Mbps, respectively, on a 100 Mbps connection.
Caption: We were amazed to see the speed test result of ExpressVPN during our test.
Apart from Samsumg Smart TV, ExpressVPN also named as the best VPN for NVIDIA Shield TV in South Korea. It enables you to overcome geographical limitations and enjoy global content while preventing ISP throttling for uninterrupted streaming. ExpressVPN ensures protection against IP/DNS leak, which means your IP address is protected from your internet service provider or hackers. It also features robust security protocols like Kill Switch, which will disconnect your internet connection without revealing your identity in case it is unstable.
ExpressVPN follows a strict zero-log policy which means no one can see your online activities. It also prevents ISP throttling i.e. your bandwidth is not slowed down by your internet service provider.
ExpressVPN offers a MediaStreamer feature that enables you to stream geo-restricted content on devices like Samsung Smart TV, gaming consoles, Roku, etc which are VPN incompatible, making it the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea.
You can configure ExpressVPN on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, etc. However, you can avail an ExpressVPN free trial South Korea of 7 days if you have an iOS or Android device. It also offers dedicated apps for routers that’s why it is the best VPN for multiple devices.
For any information regarding the subscription or services of ExpressVPN, you may contact their live chat support, which is 24/7 available. The price of ExpressVPN is KRW 8891.02 /mo (US$ 6.67 /mo ) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan).
If you want to stop using your VPN account at any time, you can easily cancel ExpressVPN subscription South Korea.
- Reliable server connection and excellent speed
- High-standard encryption and zero-logging policy
- Media Streamer feature
- 24/7 Live Chat support
- Unblocks all the streaming sites
- Price is a bit high
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea
Surfshark is the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea for its premium services at a budget-friendly cost of only KRW 3319.13 /mo (US$ 2.49 /mo ) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). For streaming on Smart TV, Surfshark offers a Smart DNS feature.
It has a large network of servers which helps you to enjoy streaming platforms of any region without facing location errors. In total it has 3200 servers in 65 countries. All the servers of Surfshark are fast and strong enough to bypass the geo-limitations within a minute.
With the Indian server of Surfshark, you can easily unblock Voot, Hotstar, SonyLIV, and may other streaming services that are only available in India otherwise. In the same way, you can stream British content on ITV or BBC iPlayer by connecting to the UK server, and the list goes on.
When we performed a Surfshark speed test South Korea, we received a download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
Caption: Surfshark offers super-fast speed on a connection of 100 Mbps.
Kill Switch, MultiHop, CleanWeb, AES 256-bit data encryption, Whitelister, and 100% no-log policy are the top security protocols of Surfshark, despite its low cost.
You can use Surfshark on Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, etc. It has specific applications for routers as well. You can connect unlimited devices simultaneously on one Surfshark account.
Sign up for Surfshark now to enjoy unlimited streaming on your Smart TV. It offers 24/7 customer support via live chat or email. Moreover, if you are unhappy with the service, you can ask for a refund as it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Budget-friendly option
- Smart DNS feature
- Unlimited simultaneous devices can be connected
- Reliable server connection
- Dedicated apps for routers
- Some servers are a bit slow
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea
NordVPN has the largest server network VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea consisting of 5600 servers in 59+ countries. For Samsung Smart TV and other VPN non-supported devices, NordVPN has a SmartPlay feature.
Using the Paris server of NordVPN, you can easily unblock French Netflix at your home location or by using the Yokohama server; you can unblock the Japanese content on your Samsung Smart TV. There is no limit on what sites you can unlock with NordVPN.
We conducted a NordVPN speed test South Korea on a 100 Mbps connection. We got a download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps, which is superb for a lag-free streaming experience.
NordVPN has an Obfuscated Server Technology that helps in unblocking streaming services like a breeze. It disguises the VPN traffic as your normal traffic to bypass the VPN blockage smoothly.
The NordLynx feature of NordVPN helps in establishing a quick server connection. There is no upper limit on the bandwidth you can use for streaming. It is a benefit for a buffer-free and lag-free streaming experience.
Two kill switches, Onion over VPN, AES 256-bit data encryption, 100% no-log policy, and Double VPN are some of the advanced security protocols of NordVPN. It is a risk-free VPN service. Moreover, it also protects you from ISP throttling.
NordVPN is the best VPN for Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, etc. You can also configure this VPN service on your router. NordVPN supports six simultaneous connections on one account. NordVPN free trial South Korea of 7 days is offered on iOS and Android devices.
This premium VPN offers excellent customer support available 24/7 via live chat and email. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are unhappy with the service, you can cancel NordVPN subscription South Korea anytime you want to.
Still, deciding? For further information, you can read our detailed NordVPN review South Korea.
- Large network of servers
- Military-level security protocol
- 24/7 Live Chat support
- Pre-configured routers
- SmartPlay feature
- Obfuscated technology and NordLynx feature
- No app for Linux
Testing Methodology: How We Choose the Best VPNs for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea
Choosing the best VPNs for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea can be difficult as there are so many options available in the market. Many VPNs claim to be fast and secure, whereas in reality they are extremely slow. It is important to carefully select the VPN for your Samsung Smart TV in South Korea to avoid any trouble later on.
In this section, we have shared our testing methodology to choose the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea:
Server Options: When testing a VPN, we check the number of servers and the regions they are located in. A VPN with a huge number of servers spread across the globe helps in unblocking any streaming site on your Samsung Smart TV without any hassle of location difference.
Speed: For lag-free streaming, it is important to sign up for a VPN with super-fast speed. During our testing phase, we conducted speed tests of various VPNs and only recommended the ones with excellent speed for streaming.
Security Features: As you need to connect the VPN on your router first to set it up on your Samsung Smart TV, using a VPN with robust security features is essential. When testing a VPN, we look for features like AES 256-bit data encryption, kill switch, split tunneling, no-log policy, and more.
Unblocking & Bypassing Capabilities: We prefer VPNs that can easily bypass geo-restrictions on all streaming sites. We discourage signing up for those VPNs that have weak unblocking capabilities.
Price: Sign up for a VPN that best suits your budget. Although ExpressVPN is a bit expensive, it offers the best service. If you want a pocket-friendly option, you can use Surfshark.
All three VPNs we have recommended in our guide are risk-free with a money-back guarantee of 30 days. Moreover, these VPNs have different pricing plans, which you may choose according to your convenience, and offer flexible payment methods.
Easy of Use: We checked the availability of the VPN apps on different devices and OS. We only recommended those that are compatible with all the major devices, browsers, and operating systems. These VPNs have a user-friendly interface.
Moreover, these VPNs offer 24/7 customer support in case you face any issues when using the service. You can contact them via live chat or email support.
How to Setup VPN on Samsung Smart TV in South Korea [Quick Steps]
It is essential to note that Samsung Smart TVs do not have an in-built VPN support. However, there are other ways on how to configure the VPN on Samsung Smart TV in South Korea.
- Using DD-WRT routers
- Using an Android device
- Using Smart DNS feature
- Using a personal computer or laptop
Below we have shared the quick steps for using each of these methods to use the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV.
Using DD-WRT routers
Configuring the VPN on Samsung Smart TV in South Korea using a router is one of the easiest methods.
- Sign up for a reliable Samsung TV VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install OpenVPN Configuration Files of your VPN provider.
- Go to your router settings menu by typing 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in your browser.
- Now click on the Services option, and choose the VPN sub tab.
- Enable Start OpenVPN Client.
- Enter the customized VPN setting in the OpenVPN Configuration Panel as listed below:
- Server Name or IP: Add ovpn file or server given by your VPN service provider.
- Port Address: Type in Port Address given by the provider.
- Tunel Device: Select the TUN option for the tunneling device.
- Tunnel Protocol: Choose TCP or UDP protocol.
- Encryption Cipher: Choose AES encryption.
- Hash Algorithm: Choose SHA-256 hash algorithm
- Advanced Options: Enable all the advanced options
- TLS Cipher: Uncheck TLS Cipher
- LZO Compression: Choose Adaptive on LZO Compression option
- NAT: Disable NAT
- Firewall Protection: Enable Firewall protection
- IP Address: Don’t add any info to this option
- Subnet Mask: Don’t add any info to this option
- Tunnel MTU Setting: Choose Tunnel MTU Setting as 1500
- UDP Fragment: Choose UDP Fragment as 1450
- Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix: Enable Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix
- Serotype Verification: Put a checkmark on this option
Using an Android device
Setting up a VPN on your Smart TV through your Android device is easy. Here are the simple steps on how you can do it:
- Subscribe to a quality Samsung TV VPN like ExpressVPN.
- On your Samsung Smart TV, launch Google Play Store.
- Install the VPN application on the Samsung Smart TV.
- Using your credentials, sign in to Samsung Smart TV VPN.
- Connect to your preferred server and enjoy streaming without any hassle.
Using Smart DNS Feature
Here are the simple steps on how to set up for Smart DNS on the Samsung TV:
- On the remote of your Samsung Smart TV, click Menu.
- Now go to the Network option and then choose Network Status.
- Select IP Settings.
- Navigate to DNS Settings and then choose Enter Manually.
- Add the DNS address provided by your Smart DNS provider.
- Choose Ok.
- Reboot your Smart TV.
Using a Personal Computer or Laptop
Below are the simple steps on how to configure the Samsung TV VPN using PC or laptop:
- Go to the Start menu on your PC or laptop and then go to the Control Panel.
- Select Network and Sharing Center and then select Change Adapter Settings.
- Search Tap Adapter connected to the VPN app you are using.
- Go to the properties and then choose the Sharing Tab.
- Select Allow other Network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Ethernet connection that you configured.
- Restart your computer to complete the configuration process.
VPNs to avoid while accessing Samsung Smart TV in South Korea
As we have mentioned above, not all VPNs are safe to use on your Samsung Smart TV in South Korea. We understand that it is appealing to sign up for a free or low-cost VPN; however, many of these VPNs are slow and unreliable. Some of the VPNs that you should avoid using on your Samsung Smart TV in South Korea are:
Using Hola VPN is not recommended as it keeps the logs of the users’ data and sells it to third parties. It means your online privacy is at risk when you are using this VPN for streaming. The subscription to this VPN service is cheaper; however, it exposes all your personally identifiable information on the internet, including your name, contact number, or credit card details. You can check our detailed Hola VPN review South Korea to find out more details on how this VPN is risky for you.
We do not recommend using Hide My Ass as it offers limited security features. It has a history of leaking IP addresses and unprotected data transmission of its user. Moreover, HMA claims to have a server network spread across the globe, whereas, in reality, most of its servers are only virtually available. Check out our detailed Hide My Ass review South Korea for an in-depth analysis of this VPN service provider.
To our readers, we only recommend using a premium Samsung Smart TV VPN like ExpressVPN. Not only it is secure and fast, but also offers excellent customer support.
FAQs – Best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea
What VPN is compatible with Samsung smart TV inside South Korea?
However, amongst these, ExpressVPN is our choice as the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV inside South Korea. It has a MediaStreamer feature. Moreover, it offers blazing-fast speed and a reliable server connection for streaming.
Will a VPN slow my connection on my Samsung Smart TV inside South Korea?
VPNs we have recommended in our guide are fast enough for a seamless streaming experience. They support streaming in 4k quality and do not have any limit on the bandwidth you use.
Is there a free VPN for Samsung smart TV inside South Korea?
Moreover, free VPNs have data limits and are not even safe to use. They can harm your device with viruses or malware. We recommend using only reliable and paid VPNs for fast and secure streaming. As per our experts, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV inside South Korea.
We hope our guide helped you in understanding how you can unlock the world of entertainment with the help of the best VPN for Samsung Smart TV in South Korea. By now, you must have understood which VPNs you must use and which ones you should avoid.
To help you seamlessly bypass the geo-limitations, our top recommended VPN is ExpressVPN. It offers a MediaStreamer (SmartDNS) feature through which you can easily configure the VPN on your Smart TV. Moreover, it offers unlimited bandwidth for streaming and 5 simultaneous connections on a single account. Sign up for it now and enjoy a buffer-free streaming experience.