Best VPN for Windows In South Korea | Usage & Setup – 2023
Need access to the Best VPN for Windows in South Korea? Well, Microsoft has been a top contributor in the market of operating systems. Its “Windows” product is one-of-a-kind, offering exceptional intuitiveness, user-friendliness, and remarkable support in South Korea.
However, you will need a VPN service if you want to secure your Windows OS and boost your anonymity online in South Korea. By using one, you can cloak your IP address, shift your location, and make it appear as if you reside somewhere else, boosting your anonymity online in South Korea.
After testing 50+ VPNs, we have selected a few VPNs that excel in a number of categories, including functionality, connection speed, and compatibility with streaming services.
Out of all, ExpressVPN turned out to be the best VPN for Windows in South Korea for offering various features with high-speed servers.
Continue reading to learn about the importance of a VPN, how to configure one on different versions of Windows, and what is the best VPN encryption for Windows in South Korea 2023!
Best VPN for Windows In South Korea 2023 – Quick Guide
Here is a list of the top 5 best VPNs for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 in South Korea.
- ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Windows in South Korea
- SurfShark: Most Affordable VPN for Windows
- NordVPN: The Most Secure VPN for Windows in South Korea
- CyberGhost: User-friendly VPN for Windows in South Korea
- PureVPN: Featurefull VPN for Windows in South Korea
How Can I Setup a VPN on PC In South Korea – Quick Steps!
Here are the steps you can follow to get Windows VPN software running on your computer in South Korea.
- Select a trustworthy VPN. We advise ExpressVPN in South Korea.
- Install the Windows VPN application.
- Give the app permission to change your device settings.
- Follow the installation wizard’s directions.
- Connect to your preferred country after logging onto your account.
Learn How Can I Setup a Best VPN for Windows 11 with helping images.
The Best VPN for Windows 10 In South Korea 2023
Windows 10 does come with a trove of privacy issues. The information synchronization with Microsoft servers, the addition of the Cortana assistant, and integrated advertising help in personalizing your experience in South Korea.
So, without further ado, look at the list of the best VPNs for Windows in South Korea. I complied based on reliability, performance, support, server availability, privacy, and features.
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Windows in South Korea
Specifications of ExpressVPN
- No. of servers: 3000+ in 94+ countries
- Simultaneous Connections: 5 devices.
- Protocols: Lightway Protocol, Split Tunneling.
- Security Features: AES 256-bit encryption & Automatic kill switch.
- Compatible Devices– Firestick, Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, & routers.
- Trustpilot rating: 4.7
- Price: KRW 0 /mo (US$ /mo ) .
In our evaluation, we have found ExpressVPN as the best VPN for Windows in South Korea with unparalleled privacy features. It has servers in 3000+ in 94+ you can connect to any of its servers in South Korea.
The privacy features offered by ExpressVPN include uncrackable AES-256 encryption, OpenVPN, and Lightway protocols. However, you can be guaranteed that the provider will never keep any of your activity thanks to its RAM-only TrustedServer technology and an audited no-log policy.
The Windows app for ExpressVPN is so simple to use. The huge on/off button will link you to the Smart Location if all you want is to connect as quickly as possible in South Korea. However, if you would like a little bit more flexibility, you can use the options to modify your kill switch, auto-connect settings, protocols, split tunneling, and much more in South Korea.
Generally, ExpressVPN is currently the finest Windows VPN to get at KRW 0 /mo (US$ /mo ) in South Korea.
Know how to get ExpressVPN Free Trial in South Korea and 30-day Money Back Guarantee.
Final Verdict: The BVI-based provider boasts a no-logs policy that even shook the Turkish Authorities. It earns a 4.5-star rating from BestVPN.co, thanks to its strong user base, router compatibilities, and ability to unblock all popular streaming services in South Korea. These include:
- ExpressVPN Hulu in South Korea
- ExpressVPN Netflix South Korea
- ExpressVPN BBC iPlayer
- ExpressVPN Disney Plus in South Korea
For more information, check out this full ExpressVPN review South Korea!
- Based in the British Virgin Islands.
- 5 simultaneous connections.
- P2P/torrenting support.
- Users even have a 30-day refund available.
- Obfuscated servers
- No Port Forwarding option.
- Overall expensive service.
2. Surfshark: Most Affordable VPN for Windows
No. of servers: 3200 in
- Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited devices
- Protocol: WireGuard, OpenVPN (TCP and UDP), IKEv2.
- Security Feature: MultiHop, AES-256 bit encryption, kill switch.
- Compatible devices: Android, iOS, Windows, and routers
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
- Price: KRW 3370.82 /mo (US$ 2.49 /mo ) on a 2-year plan.
Know how to get Surfshark Free Trial in South Korea along with a 30-day money-back guarantee
Final Verdict: Surfshark is a newcomer that has quickly spread its wings in the marketplace of Cheapest VPN in South Korea. Its performance, reliability, and privacy give it a 4.2 rating from BestVPN.co. Much of its reputation is owed to unblocking different streaming platforms, such as:
- Surfshark Hulu in South Korea
- Surfshark Netflix South Korea
- Surfshark BBC iPlayer
- Surfshark Disney Plus in South Korea
For more information, check out this full Surfshark review South Korea!
- Based in the British Virgin Islands (a VPN Friendly Jurisdiction).
- Budget-Friendly costs
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- CleanWebTM (Ad/Tracker/Malware Blocker).
- Automatic Kill Switch and Wi-Fi Protection for keeping you anonymous in public.
- Only Static IPs are available (Personal IPs missing)
3. NordVPN: Secure & Anonymous Windows VPN in South Korea
Specifications of NordVPN:
- No. of Servers: 5600 across 59 countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: 6 devices
- Protocol: Double VPN. Nordlynx, IKEv2, IPsec, OpenVPN, LT2P, & PPTP
- Security features: AES-256 GCM and 4096-bit DH key encryption, Kill switch
- Compatible devices– Windows, macOS, Firestick, Android, and iOS.
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
- Price: KRW 5401.44 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) on a 2-year plan
Know how to get NordVPN Free Trial in South Korea and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Final Verdict: NordVPN earns a rare 5-star rating from BestVPN.co for its Windows capabilities. It offers an intuitive client that boasts strong encryption and offers a ton of useful privacy features, which even help in unblocking multiple streaming platforms, like:
- NordVPN Hulu in South Korea
- NordVPN Netflix South Korea
- NordVPN BBC iPlayer
- NordVPN Disney Plus in South Korea
For more information, check out this full NordVPN review South Korea!
- Based in the safe and secure Panama.
- Offers a huge database of servers
- P2P optimized servers.
- Ad/Malware/Tracker blocker.
- 7-day Free trial available.
- The monthly plan is expensive.
- Refunds can take an additional 30 days.
4. CyberGhost: Most User-Friendly VPN for Windows in South Korea
Specifications of CyberGhost:
- No. of servers: 6000+ in 88 countries
- Simultaneous Connections: 7 Multi-device Logins
- Protocols: OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard
- Security Features: AES-256 Bit Encryption, Kill switch, & DNS/IP Leak Protection.
- Compatible devices: Android, Windows, and iOS
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
- Price: KRW 3100.07 /mo (US$ 2.29 /mo ) on a 3-year plan
Final Verdict: CyberGhost offers great versatility to its users in South Korea. It has different modes like surfing anonymously, unblocking streaming, secure Wi-Fi hotspot, torrent anonymously, and unblocking websites. The VPN also bypasses bans on Netflix South Korea and other popular streaming sites like Voot, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and HBO Now.
For more information, check out this full CyberGhost review in South Korea!
- Based in Romania (Safe location).
- 7-day Trial and 45-Day Refund Guarantee.
- Unblocks websites and VoDs.
- Mozilla and Chrome Browser Add-ons.
- Secure Wi-Fi Feature for Security in Public.
- No Port Forwarding is Available.
- Leaks found in Mac client.
5. PureVPN: Most Suitable VPN for Windows in South Korea
- No. of servers: 6500 in 78 countries
- Simultaneous Connections: 10 devices
- Protocols: PPTP, IKEv2, L2TP, IPSec, OpenVPN, SSL, SSTP, SoftEther, and WireGuard
- security Features: Split Tunneling, AES-256-encryption, Kill switch, DDos Protection.
- Compatible Devices: Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.8
- Price: KRW 2693.95 /mo (US$ 1.99 /mo ) on a 5-year plan
Final Verdict: Operated by GZ Systems and based in the British Virgin Islands (one of the safest internet hubs in the world), PureVPN has its good days and bad days. The VPN has some dissatisfied customers but delivers great capabilities for unblocking VoDs in South Korea, which include:
- PureVPN Hulu in South Korea
- PureVPN Netflix South Korea
- PureVPN BBC iPlayer
- PureVPN Disney Plus in South Korea
For more information, check out this full PureVPN in South Korea!
- VPN Hotspot and NAT Firewall
- 300,000 + IPs
- No-logging policy
- Free Trial Unavailable
- Rare connectivity issues on Windows
6. IPVanish: Perfect for Bypassing Censorship of Windows in South Korea
- No. of servers: 2000+ in 75 countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited devices
- Protocols: WireGuard, OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP/IPsec, & PPTP
- Security Features: DNS and IP Leak Protection, Split Tunneling, AES-256 Encryption & kill switch.
- Compatible Devices: macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android.
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.6
- Price: KRW 5401.44 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) 69% Off on a 1-year plan
Final Verdict: IPVanish is a Florida-based VPN service that offers a high level of security, promising to make your real IP untraceable to local ISPs and government agencies.
You leverage unlimited bandwidth with some of the best site-unblocking features to access Netflix, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer in South Korea. The provider also keeps no logs to respect user anonymity.
For more information, check out this full IPVanish review in South Korea!
- Offers 40,000+ shared IPs for completing the cloaking of identity.
- Strict No-Logs Policy.
- Live Chat Support.
- SOCKS5 web proxy.
- 7-day money-back guarantee.
- No Free Trial Available.
7. Ivacy VPN: Great for Chinese Windows Users in South Korea
- No. of servers: 3500+ in 100+ countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: 5 Multi logins
- Protocols: IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP, and OpenVPN
- Compatible Devices: macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android.
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.7
- Price: KRW 1610.95 /mo (US$ 1.19 /mo ) 77% Discount on a 2-year plan
Final Verdict: Established in Singapore, Ivacy is another safe and secure VPN service. Its location is a plus, thanks to its convenient laws on data retention and internet censorship in South Korea.
All data is safe under the Personal Data Protection Commission, guaranteeing your anonymity from local ISPs and governments.
For more information, check out this full Ivacy VPN review in South Korea!
- Based in Singapore (a VPN-friendly jurisdiction).
- Bypass content limitations on VoDs.
- Optimized P2P servers.
- No TOR compatibility.
- No Netflix Streaming.
8. VyprVPN: Delivers Fast Speeds for Streaming in South Korea
Specifications of VyprVPN:
- No. of servers: 700+ servers in 70 countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: 5 devices
- Protocol: PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, WireGuard, Chameleon, OpenVPN, IKEv2.
- Trust Pilot rating: 3.6
- Price: KRW 5414.97 /mo (US$ 4 /mo ) 48% OFF on a 2-year plan
For more information, check out this full VyprVPN Review in South Korea!
- Headquartered in Switzerland.
- Allows users to indulge in P2P/Torrenting.
- Limited free account available with unlimited bandwidth for streaming/torrenting.
- Zero Logs Provider.
- No StealthVPN protocol on the basic plan.
- Performance consistency issues.
9. TorGuard: Delivers Strong Anonymity Online in South Korea
Specification of TorGuard:
- No. of servers: 3,000+ servers in 50+ countries worldwide
- Simultaneous Connections: Maximum Devices Supported: 8
- Protocols: SOCKS5, SSH, HTTP, SSL
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
- Price: KRW 6755.18 /mo (US$ 4.99 /mo ) No Offer on a 1-year plan
Final Verdict: Based in the US, users may not find TorGuard a trustworthy service. Nevertheless, it has never been caught revealing private data in South Korea.
The VPN also offers strong OpenVPN encryption, which allows for VoD unblocking in South Korea. The only catch is that users will have to invest in a dedicated IP to leverage most of the VPN services.
For more information, check out this full TorGuard review in South Korea!
- The provider is P2P-Friendly.
- It offers an expansive network.
- Stealth proxy for unblocking random websites.
- Two-factor authorization is available.
- MITM attack protection.
- The Windows Client app sometimes lags.
- No free trial.
Methodology to Select the Best VPN for Windows In South Korea 2023
The standards by which we selected the best VPNs for Windows in South Korea are as follows:
1. logging rules
No matter how effective a VPN may be, if its logging practices are questionable, we would never advise using it. The services included in this guide have all clear no-logs privacy policies in South Korea.
2. Windows user.
It should go without saying that a service must have cutting-edge Windows apps that are not only simple to use but also appealing to the eye in order to be named one of the top VPNs for Windows in South Korea.
Although a slower connection is typically a result of using a VPN, it doesn’t have to be so bad. Your experience when streaming your favorite shows or browsing using a VPN can be significantly enhanced by using proper tunneling protocols such as NordLynx or WireGuard.
4. Streaming ability.
The best VPNs must have the ability to unblock the most popular streaming services in South Korea like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and others using Windows VPN apps because users prefer to stream on their PCs rather than on their smartphones.
5. Customer Service
In case users have trouble with VPN, at this point, having effective customer support is very essential that solving their queries on time.
Price is another concerning point for people when buying a VPN in South Korea. The VPNs we have chosen all offer value for money.
Comparison of Best VPN for Windows In South Korea
|No. of Servers||3000+||3200||5600||6000+||6500|
|No. of Countries||94+||59||88||78|
|Multi Logins||5 devices||Unlimited||6 devices||7 devices||10 devices|
|Windows Version||7,8,10 and 11||7,8,10 and 11||7,8,10 and 11||7,8,10 and 11||7,8,10 and 11|
|Pricing Plans||KRW 0 /mo (US$ /mo )||KRW 3370.82 /mo (US$ 2.49 /mo ) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)||KRW 5401.44 /mo (US$ 3.99 /mo ) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)||KRW 3100.07 /mo (US$ 2.29 /mo ) 79% Discount||KRW 2693.95 /mo (US$ 1.99 /mo ) 70% Discount|
Why Do I Need a VPN for My Windows PC/Laptop In South Korea?
Despite many countries passing laws for more control on the internet and initiatives like Safer Internet Day (SID) and Cyber Security Awareness Month, many netizens are still unaware of how valuable their data and online privacy is in South Korea.
If you have a good idea about of Geo-Restrictions, Copyright Infringement Laws, and the repealing of Net Neutrality, you can skip this section. For the less informed, I have created a summary concerning the need for a VPN in recent times.
- Hiding your Identity – Prevents your Internet Service Provider (ISP) from learning about your online browsing activities, keeping you anonymous in South Korea!
- Government Surveillance – Countries part of Fourteen/Nine/Five Alliances indulges in Mass Surveillance. VPNs protect you from their prying eyes in South Korea.
- Geo-Spoof Locations – Bypass irritating content blocks and geographical restrictions by shifting your location and changing your IP address to a local one.
- Wi-Fi Protection in Public – Bars/Cafés/Restaurants may provide you with the internet, but they are not secure. VPNs protect you from hackers using public Wi-Fi connections in South Korea.
- Bypass Censorship – Content limitations set by governments, workplaces, and schools can easily be bypassed by using a secure and powerful VPN services in school or workplaces in South Korea.
- Stress-Free Torrenting – Indulging in P2P/Torrenting can lead to hefty fines from DMCA notices. Using a VPN will hide your identity, fooling copyright infringement hunters in South Korea.
Configuring a VPN Manually on Different Versions of Windows In South Korea!
While this guide is about the “Best VPN for Windows in South Korea,” I always choose to improve the technical expertise of my viewers. Signing up and installing a program is easy. Getting into the specifics helps you understand more facets of what a VPN does.
So, I decided why not help you guys out, looking for manual instructions. Below you can find step-by-step directions for setting up a VPN on different versions of Windows in South Korea. These include the infamous Windows 10, 8, and 7. I would do XP too, but that would be too outdated.
How Can I Setup the Best VPN for Windows 11 In South Korea
Your journey with Windows 11 is more secure if you use a VPN in South Korea. Even if it is simple to set up a VPN using the software client provided by the VPN provider, you’ll need to manually configure it at some point.
Apparently, this procedure is not too difficult. To quickly set up a VPN connection on Windows 11, follow the instructions listed below:
- Verify that the account you are using has administrator rights by giving valid login information.
- Search for Settings by clicking the Start button.
- Locate the Network and Internet Icon under Settings.
- Find the VPN button, and then click it.
- Select Add VPN.
- Enter the required VPN information, then click “save.” The configuration of your VPN connection is complete.
- Last step. Connect to the VPN server
Note: We advise purchasing an ExpressVPN in South Korea if you’d prefer to manage your VPN connections using the software client provided by a VPN service. It is lightning-quick and includes a simple software client.
How Can I Setup a VPN on Windows 10 In South Korea 2023
- Click the “Network” icon located in the Windows Taskbar. (Next to the clock at the bottom right corner of the bar).
- Select “Network Settings” above “Airplane Mode.”
- Select VPN under the Network & Internet title.
- Click on “Add a VPN Connection.”
- Tick the advanced options if needed.
- You will now be required to enter some information.
- We established a PPTP configuration from freevpnaccess.com.
- It is a good resource for manually setting up VPNs.
- Click on the “Save” button after filling out all details.
- Return to the previous menu, and click on the connect button.
- Enjoy using a VPN via the PPTP protocol method!
How Can I Configure a VPN on My Windows 8 OS In South Korea?
- Head to the search bar and type in “VPN.”
- Select “Manage Virtual Private Networks (VPN).”
- Click on the “+” button to add a VPN connection.
- Fill out the information required.
- Find a provider that supports L2TP/IPSec protocols.
- Right-click on “Network” in the Windows Taskbar.
- Select “Network and Internet Settings.”
- Click on “Change Adapter Settings” from the “Status” menu.
- You will find the VPN connection you created.
- Right-click it and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Select L2TP/IPSec from the “Type of VPN”.
How to Setup the Best VPN on Windows 7 PC/Laptop In South Korea
Get the best VPN for Windows 7 In South Korea by following the steps below:
- Head to the “Network and Sharing Center” menu.
- Click on the “Set up a new connection or network” option.
- Select “Connect to a Workplace” to start the connection wizard.
- Click on “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)” to begin the process.
- Type the IP address from your VPN service.
- Enter a name for the connection.
- Click on the “Next” option.
- Enter the relevant User name and password.
- Tick “Remember this password, if needed.
- Hit the “Connect” button!
What is the Best Free VPN for Windows In South Korea 2023?
To find out the best Free VPN for Windows 10, we have selected a few free VPNs.
After evaluating thoroughly, we have made a list of the 3 best free VPN for Windows In South Korea:
- TunnelBear- It is an easy-to-use VPN app offering 500MB of free monthly data and is audited independently every year.
- Hide.me- This free provider is the best VPN for torrenting In South Korea. It offers 10GB of data free per month and a no-log policy.
- Windscribe– It is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a free VPN In South Korea. It allows torrenting and streaming of Netflix. It offers 10GB monthly data and has servers in 10 different countries.
Why is my Windows VPN not Working with Netflix In South Korea?
If your Windows VPN is not working with Netflix or other streaming services In South Korea. Follow these steps to fix it:
1. Support Streaming. First of all, check if the VPN is compatible with unblocking streaming platforms In South Korea like Netflix and others.
2. Switch to another server. Because sometimes your IP gets leaked and blocked by the Streaming service provider.
3. Change the browser. Sometimes Microsoft Edge does not work, so try Chrome browsers for accessing restricted streaming content.
4. Turn off IPv6. Go to Network and Sharing Center on your Windows computer, select “change adapter settings,” then click into your connection and select “properties.” Then simply uncheck “TCP/IP Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).”
5. Get help with Customer support. If none of the above steps work, connect with the VPN customer representatives, ask for help and inform them which servers are down so they can update them.
Best VPN for Windows In South Korea: FAQs
Are Windows VPNs Illegal in South Korea?
Is It Ok To Use Cracked Windows Version for VPN in South Korea?
What is the safest VPN for Windows 10 in South Korea?
Which VPN is best for Laptop in South Korea?
Which is the best VPN for PC free in South Korea?
What are the disadvantages of VPNs in South Korea
Can a VPN be used on any of my other devices in South Korea?
Does Windows 10 come with an integrated VPN in South Korea?
Should I use a VPN for torrenting on my Windows computer in South Korea?
Wrapping Things Up
I hope this guide helps you find the Best VPN for Windows In South Korea based on your needs and requirements. Each name mentioned has been added after extensive research and analysis. In our opinion, we suggest ExpressVPN because it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can use it risk-free In South Korea.
I try to be as accurate as possible in my guides, but if you think there are better solutions or encounter any issues/problems, do not hesitate to drop a comment below!
I will respond personally and try to provide as much assistance as possible. Also, help a brother out by sharing this guide if you find it useful. Thanks in advance