5 Best VPNs for Singapore in Australia 2022 – Reliable, Secure, and Fast
In 2014, Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he wanted to turn Singapore into a “Smart Nation.” In this so-called “Smart Nation,” citizens are obliged to have their data placed on large insecure technological platforms for convenience and efficiency.
Some data included on these platforms are medical histories, license plate registrations, and web-browsing history. This blatant misuse of Singaporeans’ personal data is why many of the nation’s citizens are looking around for the best VPNs for Singapore in Australia.
Do you have a limited amount of time? In 2022, these are the best VPNs for Singapore in Australia.
- ExpressVPN – 3000+ Servers in 94 Countries: Our recommended VPN comes with unlimited bandwidth and privacy-oriented features. Its 30-day money-back guarantee lets you try out the service without risking your cash.
- NordVPN – Top-Tier VPN Provider for Singapore in Australia: Comes with great connection speeds and protection policies. The only drawback is the average app interface on smaller screens.
- Surfshark – Pocket-Friendly VPN for Singapore in Australia: Surfshark has excellent streaming speeds and unblocking capabilities, making it a great pick for online streaming.
- CyberGhost – Reliable VPN to Use in Singapore: With 8000+ servers in 90 countries, CyberGhost is an excellent choice to bypass geo-blocks and access worldwide content.
- IPVanish – Torrent-Friendly VPN for Singapore in Australia: It is backed with solid encryption, no-logs policies, and great speeds that work the best for torrenting.
Full Review of the Best VPNs for Singapore in Australia (Updated in 2022)
Ahead you’ll find some of the battle-tested VPNs that work seamlessly in Singapore. If you’re searching for the absolute best vpn for torrenting, streaming, or online gaming or its development, this space has you covered with the best, all-round VPNs for Singapore.
1. Express VPN – Expansive Server Network to Stream Global Content in Singapore
ExpressVPN is a British Virgin Islands-based service provider with 3000+ servers in 94 countries allowing users to stream content beyond borders in Singapore.
With a strict no-logs policy and uber-fast connection speeds, ExpressVPN remains a top-tier VPN provider. It is compatible with Windows, Chromebook, iOS, Android, Mac, and Linux devices. It works smoothly on all SmartTVs, game consoles, Kindle Fire, and Nook devices.
Aside from privacy-oriented features like split tunneling, 256-bit AES encryption, and a kill switch, this VPN allows 5-multi logins and delivers incredibly fast speeds. ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee is a treat for users who want to try out the service risk-free before committing.
- Very easy to download and use
- Good customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- One of the more expensive VPN services
2. Nord VPN – Top-Tier VPN Provider for Singapore in Australia
NordVPN ranks second in our list of the best VPN Singapore in Australia because of its fast servers and leading security features that let you safely access censored content in Singapore within seconds.
The double-hop functionality and the Threat Protection feature are extra layers of security, further protecting you online. In fact, this VPN offers you premium security for all sorts of data-intensive activities online.
The NordLynx protocol boasts faster speeds making this VPN way more secure and reliable for the users. Unlimited bandwidth and a 5300 server network in 60 countries are some of the plus features of NordVPN.
- Accepts bitcoin as a payment method
- Stable connection speeds
- Supports torrenting on some servers
- Lagging application
3. Surfshark – Pocket-Friendly VPN for Singapore in Australia
Based out of the British Virgin Islands, Surfshark offers some of the best deals and discounts on subscription plans that Singaporean users can avail of. It has a no-logs policy, so it doesn’t store any information about your activity.
You can count on Surfshark to be the cheapest VPN for Singapore in Australia without compromising your online security. Plus, it supports Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux devices. It is compatible with consoles like SmartTV, Xbox and Playstation, and iOS and Android devices.
It comes with unlimited device login, so you are not limited by the number of devices you can connect to a single account. Above everything, Surfshark uses AES-256-GCM encryption to protect your anonymity online.
- Strict no-logs policy
- Unlimited devices
- Torrenting allowed
- Very user-friendly
- Slow email support
- Inconsistent speed
4. CyberGhost – Reliable VPN to Use in Singapore
CyberGhost is based out of Romania with solid encryption policies and a decent server network making it one of the best VPNs in Singapore.
This VPN is compatible with Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, and FireTV. It offers custom connections for Linux devices or routers. Plus, it is compatible with torrents and unblocks Netflix US and U.K.
Offering 7-multi logins, 256-bit encryption, and a server network, it’s fairly easy to say that CyberGhost is one of the best VPNs for Singapore.
- Strict no-logging policy
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Slow VPN speeds
- Limited Netflix compatibility
- Questionable parent company
5. IPVanish – Torrent-Friendly VPN for Singapore in Australia
IPVanish is another VPN that won’t disappoint you in accessing geo-locked content in Singapore. Equipped with most of the features you need, this VPN can work as a great alternative to ExpressVPN when it comes to torrenting.
With over 2000+ servers in 75+ VPN locations, IPVanish ensures secure access across the globe. It also has excellent speeds, unlimited simultaneous device connections, and responsive support agents.
Though it offers a lot, you still won’t be able to unblock all the major streaming platforms with IPVanish.
- Supports multiple devices
- Solid security protocols
- Working kill switch
- No optimized servers
- Unprofessional customer support
Why Use a VPN in Singapore?
Unfortunately, Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) to protect its citizens’ data is full of loopholes and exceptions that weaken the safeguards it has in place. Hence it’s best to use a VPN in Singapore.
One of the clearest examples of this is the exemption of “public agencies” like the government. Public agencies can collect and retain personal data for “security purposes” and “business-related activity.”
Singapore’s Media Development Authority (MDA) blocks more than 100 websites, including news sites, gambling, pornography, and even movies. Using a Singapore VPN allows you to bypass all these blocks.
Will a VPN Protect You From Singapore’s Privacy Laws?
Yes, a VPN is an excellent way to hide your personal information and online activities from the government and ISPs.
A VPN hides your IP address and location. It also will help you get around copyright laws that censor website content. It’s also wise to get a Singapore VPN because of being a third-party contributor to the 5/9/14 eyes alliance.
Commonly Asked Questions about Best VPNs in Singapore
Which free VPN is best for Singapore in Australia?
Though there are certain free VPNs guaranteeing you access without paying a single penny, it’s best to avoid them because of their shady policies and false security claims. It’s better to pay for a reliable service like ExpressVPN and free yourself of apps that might have potential leaks or spyware.
Is VPN legal in Singapore?
Since VPNs are not banned in Singapore, using anonymity tools like a VPN is absolutely legal. However, you cannot use these services to access censored or pirated content.
Piracy is strictly forbidden, so make sure you use the absolute best VPN service that properly shields and masks your internet connection. In fact, it is advisable to use a VPN in Singapore to save yourself from any backlash for simply voicing your opinions online.
Which VPN supports the Singapore server in Australia?
Does NordVPN have Singapore servers in Australia?
Yes, NordVPN has 110+ Singapore servers that you can connect to by opening the NordVPN app.
How can I change my VPN to Singapore in Australia?
If you have a reliable VPN, it’ll likely cover all the world’s major regions, including Singapore. If you want to change your VPN location to Singapore, follow these simple steps:
- Subscribe and download a VPN that has a Singaporean server. Tip: To see whether your service has a Singaporean server, go to their website and check on their servers or locations tab.
- Install the service on your device.
- Connect to a server in Singapore.
- Browse the internet with a Singaporean IP.
Depending on your needs, you have many different options for VPN providers in Singapore. I would recommend ExpressVPN for the best value and overall performance.
It unblocks all famous VoDs like Netflix in the country, even bypassing the “Great Firewall” in China. In other words, ExpressVPN is the ideal VPN solution for Singaporeans in Australia. The best bit about ExpressVPN is that it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee making it an absolute steal for people looking for the best VPN for Singapore in Australia.