Best VPN for Firefox in Australia: VPN Extensions to Browse Safely in 2022
A continuous increase can be seen in cybercriminal activities, especially during the global pandemic, and this alerts everyone to use the best Firefox VPN in Australia because it’s now more important than ever before. A VPN extension like ExpressVPN protects all your browser’s history from leaking to third parties, which hackers often use as a source to get access to your laptop/PC.
The Mozilla Firefox exists as a famous alternative to Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer, previously known as “Netscape Navigator”, which was the inventor of the HTTPS web protocol.
The Firefox browser is open-source code and is free to download. However, it may not be completely secure, especially if you live in a country where data retention laws are too strict.
Hence the need to have the Best VPN for Firefox in Australia arises. It creates a secure and encrypted channel that transfers all your activities to the main internet servers without leaking them to surveillance agencies.
5 Best Firefox VPN Extensions in Australia: Quick Overview
If you are short on time and want to skip ahead, refer to this list of the five best VPNs for Mozilla Firefox in Australia to stream, and explore the internet safely.
- ExpressVPN: Best All-Round VPN for Mozilla Firefox in Australia. Fast speeds, good app, and locations. Costs AU$ 9.59/mo ($6.67/mo)
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN Service for Firefox in Australia. Inexpensive and strong security. Costs AU$ 3.31/mo ($2.30/mo)
- NordVPN: Secure VPN Client for Firefox in Australia. The working app, strong security, speeds. Costs AU$ 4.73/mo ($3.29/mo)
- PureVPN: Cheap VPN Extension for Firefox in Australia. Good protection and great speeds. Costs AU$ 4.79/mo ($3.33/mo)
- CyberGhost: Decent VPN for Firefox in Australia. Easy-to-use client but average connection speeds. Costs AU$ 3.81/mo ($2.65/mo)
5 Best VPNs for Firefox in Australia: In-Depth Analysis
Since there is a huge list of providers in the marketplace, all claiming to be the “Best” choice for your privacy and Speed – selecting the one that best suits your budgetary needs and anonymity requirements may seem like an impossible task.
To ease the process for you, we have created a list of the 5 Best Firefox VPNs in Australia:
ExpressVPN: Best All-Round VPN for Mozilla Firefox in Australia
Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands and established in 2011, ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPNs out there offering a Mozilla Firefox extension in Australia that works smoothly on Windows, Mac, and even Linux.
The UI and UX are simply amazing and geared for layman users. You have access to over 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries and 160+ locations worldwide in terms of connectivity. The Mozilla Firefox add-on in Australia is highly user-friendly and easy to use, and you can even get an ExpressVPN free trial for testing its capabilities.
The only catch; is ExpressVPN’s price tag. A 15-months plan will cost you AU$ 9.59/mo ($6.67/mo), but considering the VPNs reliability and unblocking capabilities, the price is justified. You can also use the provider to bypass geo-restrictions and content limitations on streaming platforms in Australia, such as
Number of Servers: 3,000+ | Countries: 90+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.6 | Maximum Devices Supported: 5 | Price: AU$ 9.59/mo ($6.67/mo) on a 1-year plan
- Multi-Logins on 5 devices
- Torrenting/P2P is allowed
- 3000+ Servers in 94 Countries
- Round the Clock Live Support
- Plans are slightly expensive
For more information, check out this full 2022 review of ExpressVPN!
ExpressVPN Pricing Structure in Australia
Currently, these are the pricing plans offered by ExpressVPN:
- Monthly Price Plan: AU$ 18.60 ($12.95)
- 6-Months Price Plan: AU$ 14.35/mo ($9.99/mo.) (billed AU$ 86.09 ($59.95))
- 1-Year Price Plan: AU$ 9.59/mo ($6.67/mo) (billed AU$ 143.53 ($99.95))
Surfshark: Affordable VPN Service for Firefox in Australia
Based in the British Virgin Islands and launched in 2018, Surfshark is an all-rounder in the industry that offers an intuitive and reliable VPN extension for Firefox in Australia. It manages to deliver amazing speeds, unblocking capabilities, and security/anonymity, directly from your browser.
You can install the extension from the Firefox Browser Add-ons in Australia store instantly and can even get a Surfshark free trial for testing. In terms of the UI of the extension, you have easy-to-access menus, a clean layout of all features, and great styling overall, which contributes to its likeability.
The best part of all is that you only have to pay as low as AU$ 3.31/mo ($2.30/mo) on a 2-year plan and have access to over 1,700+ servers in 63+ countries, including a list of static IPs. Most of which are capable of unblocking streaming platforms in Australia:
Number of Servers: 3,200+ | Countries: 63+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.2 | Maximum Devices Supported: Unlimited | Price: AU$ 3.31/mo ($2.30/mo) on a 2-year plan
- 3,200+ Servers in 63+ Countries
- BVI is a Safe Jurisdiction
- Strict No-Logging Policy
- Automatic Kill Switch
- DDoS Protection
- Only Static IPs Available
Surfshark VPN Review
For more information, check out this full 2022 review of Surfshark!
Surfshark VPN Pricing Structure in Australia
Currently, these are the pricing plans offered by Surfshark:
- Monthly Price Plan: AU$ 18.60 ($12.95)
- 1-Year Price Plan: AU$ 5.73/mo ($3.99/mo) (AU$85.81 ($59.76) billed annually)
- 2-Years Price Plan: AU$ 3.31/mo ($2.30/mo)
NordVPN: The Panama-based VPN in Australia
Based in Panama and launched in 2012, NordVPN is a great option for those who want to leverage maximum security and privacy online. Their Mozilla Firefox extension in Australia is incredibly reliable, lightweight, and does not affect your browser speeds too much, hence its popularity.
Priced at a minimal AU$ 4.73/mo ($3.29/mo) on a 2-year plan, Mozilla Firefox users of NordVPN in Australia get access to over 5,500+ servers in 59+ countries worldwide, with a user-friendly and intuitive extension, free from bugs and errors.
NordVPN has a strict zero-logs policy, and there have been no breaches of trust as far as this claim is concerned. Connection times with the extension were also incredibly fast. I experienced no downtime when unblocking different streaming platforms in Australia, such as
Number of Servers: 5,500+ | Countries: 59+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.3 | Maximum Devices Supported: 6 | Price: AU$ 4.73/mo ($3.29/mo) on a 2-year plan
- 5100+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Dedicated IPs available
- Unblocks US/UK Netflix
- Multi-Logins on 6 Devices
- Torrenting/P2P is Allowed
- No-Port Forwarding
For more information, check out this full 2022 NordVPN review!
NordVPN Pricing Structure in Australia
Currently, these are the pricing plans offered by NordVPN in Australia:
- Monthly Price Plan: AU$ 17.22 ($11.99)
- 1-Year Price Plan: AU$ 7.17/mo ($4.99/mo)
- 2-Years Price Plan: AU$ 4.73/mo ($3.29/mo)
PureVPN: Cheap VPN Extension for Firefox in Australia
Located in British Virgin Islands and founded in 2007, PureVPN is an old player in the industry of VPNs that manages to be incredibly budget-friendly yet offers an amazing extension for Mozilla Firefox in Australia. It comes equipped with a huge list of features and over 6,500+ servers in 74 countries.
This allows users to shift to different locations for their unblocking needs. You can even feel assured to remain completely anonymous online, as PureVPN implements a zero logs policy, which the security firm has audited, Altius IT.
If you opt for the 5-year plan, you will only have to pay AU$ 4.65/mo ($3.24/mo) and access the “popular websites” menu that allows users to unblock a huge list of streaming platforms directly from within the browser extension in Australia. These include:
Number of Servers: 6,500+ | Countries: 74 | Trustpilot Rating: 4.7 | Maximum Devices Supported: 10 | Price: AU$ 4.65/mo ($3.24/mo) on a 1-year plan
- DDoS Protection Feature
- 6,500+ Servers in 74 Countries
- VPN Hotspot and NAT Firewall
- Multiple Protocol Support
- Allows Split Tunneling
- No free trial
For more information, check out this full 2022 review of PureVPN!
PureVPN Pricing Structure in Australia
Currently, these are the pricing plans offered by PureVPN:
- Monthly Price Plan: AU$ 15.72 ($10.95)
- 1-Year Price Plan: AU$ 4.65/mo ($3.24/mo)
- 2-Years Price Plan: AU$ 2.86/mo ($1.99/mo)
CyberGhost VPN: Decent VPN for Firefox in Australia
CyberGhost is certainly one of the best VPNs add-ons for Firefox in Australia that’s light on the pocket and extremely secure.
This VPN could easily unblock major streaming platforms with advanced IP leak protection and an extensive server network. CyberGhost stood its ground and passed the DNS leak test despite rigorous testing. I was able to access Netflix US in no time.
The only drawback was the failure to climb through the Great Firewall of China. Other than that, it’s a great VPN extension for Firefox in Australia at AU$ 3.81/mo ($2.65/mo) for a 1-year plan. All in all, it was a hassle-free experience unblocking the following platforms with CyberGhost:
- CyberGhost Hulu
- CyberGhost Netflix
- CyberGhost Amazon Prime
- CyberGhost Disney Plus
Number of Servers: 7,800 | Countries: 90 | Trustpilot Rating: 4.7 | Maximum Devices Supported: 7 | Price: AU$ 3.81/mo ($2.65/mo) on a 1-year plan
- Cheap pricing plans
- Solid encryption policies
- Average connection speeds
For more information, check out this full 2022 CyberGhost review!
CyberGhost Pricing Structure in Australia
Currently, these are the pricing plans offered by CyberGhost in Australia:
- 1 Month Price Plan: AU$ 18.65 ($12.99)
- 6 Months Price Plan: AU$ 5.67/mo ($3.95/mo)
- 1-Year Price Plan: AU$ 3.81/mo ($2.65/mo)
How to Install and Configure VPN Add-on on Firefox in Australia?
To install and configure a VPN add-on on Firefox in Australia, all you have to do is:
- Subscribe to a VPN service in Australia. Recommended: ExpressVPN for uber-fast connection speeds.
- Go to your browser’s settings and access the Mozilla add-ons store.
- Search and locate ExpressVPN.
- Install the add-on by clicking on the button.
- Go to the extension and sign in.
- Connect to an appropriate server.
- Start browsing securely on Mozilla Firefox in Australia.
Quick Feature Comparison Table of Best VPN for Firefox in Australia
Here’s a quick overview of the best VPN for Firefox in Australia available in 2022:
|Connection Speed||Extremely fast||Fast||Extremely Fast||Average||Fast|
|Streaming Platform Compatibility||Bypass blocks on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, and other platforms||Bypass blocks on Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, and other platforms||Bypass blocks on Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other platforms
|Bypass blocks on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and other platforms||Bypass blocks on Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, and other platforms|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days||30 days||30 days||31 days||45 days|
|Detailed Review||ExpressVPN Review||Surfshark Review||NordVPN Review||PureVPN Review||CyberGhost Review|
Is there a built-in VPN for Firefox in Australia?
No version of Firefox is equipped with a free, built-in VPN.
However, the maker of Firefox introduced a budding VPN service called the Mozilla VPN. This VPN service is fully paid and doesn’t come with Firefox in Australia. Users have to pay a small fee to experience its excellent security features.
There’s no doubt about the capabilities of Mozilla VPN in Australia since it runs on the WireGuard protocol. Its speed is unmatched, and the 400 server network is quite impressive.
Which Firefox VPN Extension in Australia You Must Prevent in 2022?
Out of all the Firefox browser’s VPN extensions in Australia, I discovered those worth preventing in 2022. After testing nearly 50+ VPN extensions, these are the ones that stood out with great server networks, solid DNS leak protection and speeds.
- ExpressVPN Firefox VPN Extension in Australia: Top recommendation as it seamlessly worked with Firefox considering all aspects in Australia.
- Surfshark Firefox VPN Extension in Australia: Doesn’t break your budget and has decent connection speeds.
- NordVPN Firefox VPN Extension in Australia: Top-grade security allows secure browsing on Mozilla Firefox in Australia.
Best VPN for Firefox in Australia: FAQs
Do I really need a VPN on my Firefox browser in Australia?
Yes, it’s always recommended to use a VPN in Australia and keep your online anonymity intact while using the Firefox browser in Australia. Sharing some information about your device, your public IP address, etc., with the websites you visit is second nature to web browsers.
Plus, it never hurts to keep your guard up at all times by using a VPN on the Firefox browser.
How do I select and test VPN for Firefox in Australia?
To find the best VPN for Firefox in Australia, you need to rigorously test the VPN before choosing one. Ensure that it ticks off the following criteria:
- Impressive browser extensions for Mozilla Firefox in Australia
- Doesn’t leak IP addresses
- Extensive server network
- Audited no-logs policy
- Solid encryption protocols
Does Firefox support VPN in Australia?
Yes, Firefox does support VPN extensions in Australia. You can use it for free, but it requires you to sign up for a Firefox account.
What is the best free VPN for Firefox in Australia?
I don’t recommend using a free VPN for Firefox in Australia because your browsing won’t be as secure while using one— however, if you’re set on using one, try the freemium service of Windscribe.
Which is the best VPN for Firefox in Australia?
Currently, ExpressVPN is one of the best Firefox VPNs in Australia. The service is incredibly secure based in BVI, offers 3000+ servers in 160+ locations, excellent cross-platform compatibility, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How do I add a VPN extension to Firefox in Australia?
To add a VPN extension to Firefox in Australia, follow these steps:
- Choose a secure VPN provider. ExpressVPN recommended!
- Go to Firefox Browser Add-ons and look for ExpressVPN.
- Next, allow permissions to install the VPN extension.
- Select a relevant server.
- Once the connection is established, clear your browser cookies and cache.
- Now browse securely with Mozilla Firefox in Australia!
How do I enable VPN on Firefox in Australia?
Enabling VPN on Firefox in Australia is a simple process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and find the download link or go to Firefox Browser Add-ons and search for ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN add-on by hitting Get Extension or +Add to Firefox if you found ExpressVPN through the add-ons library.
- You’ll find the VPN at the top left corner of your browser.
- Tap the icon to browse securely.
Firefox will not run with VPN in Australia?
If Firefox isn’t running correctly with a VPN add-on in Australia, check the following:
- Make sure the provider you signed up with offers a tested and working VPN extension
- Consider re-installing the extensions or opening your browser again
- Check for updates and get the new Firefox version in Australia
Wrapping Things Up
If you are facing trouble in finding a good VPN service, based on your privacy/security needs and budgetary requirements, make sure to follow our Best VPN for Firefox in Australia guide.
ExpressVPN is the best choice for your Firefox browser in Australia—all factors considered. However, if you are on a tight budget, try its 30-day free access hack!
Feel free to comment below if you encounter any issues or have better recommendations to share or add to our reviews.