Best Singapore VPNs 2020: Fastest and Reliable 86+ Singaporean Servers
In 2014 Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he wanted to turn Singapore into a “Smart Nation.” In this so-called “Smart Nation,” citizens are obliged to have their data placed on large insecure technological platforms for convenience and efficiency.
Some data included on these platforms are medical histories, license plate registrations, and web-browsing history. This blatant misuse of Singaporeans personal data is the reason many of the nation’s citizens are turning to VPNs.
List of VPNs to Access Singaporean Content
- PureVPN: 24 Singaporean Servers | Best VPN for Singapore | Best Price: $3.33/mo
- Surfshark: 2 Servers in Singapore | No logs recorded | Best Price: $2.49/mo
- ExpressVPN: 4 Singaporean-based Servers | Unblock all VoDs | Best Price: $6.67/mo
- CyberGhost: 48 Servers in Singapore | Best Singapore VPN | Best Price: $2.75/mo
- Ivacy VPN: 8 Singaporean-based Servers | Dedicated IPs available | Best Price: $2.25/mo
Why Use a VPN in Singapore?
Unfortunately, Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) to protect its citizens’ data is full of loopholes and exceptions that weaken the safeguards it has in place.
One of the clearest examples of this is the exemption of “public agencies” like the government. Public agencies are allowed to collect and retain personal data for “security purposes” and “business-related activity.”
Additionally, Singapore’s Media Development Authority (MDA) blocks more than 100 websites, including news sites, gambling, pornography, and even movies. Using a Singapore VPN allows you to bypass all these blocks.
5 Best VPNs for Singaporean Residents and Expats
To help assist you in deciding what the best Singapore VPN is for you, I’ve included a description of each of the five providers listed above as well as the pros and cons of each one.
1. PureVPN: 2K Servers in 140 Countries (24 Singaporean Servers)
This provider is based out of Hong Kong and offers a per month plan, per year plan, and 3-year plan. It’s a budget-friendly option and one of the best for Singapore.
PureVPN supports Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux devices. PureVPN is compatible with consoles, which include SmartTV, Kodi, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, Routers, Computers, and other Smart devices.
- Among the most affordable VPNs.
- Has a built-in antivirus, antimalware support.
- 31- Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Sluggish download speed.
- Questionable logging policy.
- Insufficient customer support.
For more information, check out this full review of PureVPN!
2. Surfshark: 1040 Servers in 61 Countries (2 Singaporean Servers)
Surfshark is based out of the British Virgin Islands and offers some of the best deals and discounts based on what plan you get. Surfshark offers two servers in Singapore. It has a no-logs policy, so it doesn’t store any information about your activity. It also comes with a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
Like PureVPN, it supports Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux devices. Surfshark is compatible with consoles like SmartTV, Xbox and Playstation, and Ios and Android phones. It also offers unlimited device login, so you are not limited by the number of devices you can connect to one account. Surfshark uses AES-256-GCM Encryption for your information.
- Strict no-logs policy.
- Unlimited devices.
- Torrenting allowed.
- Very User-Friendly.
- Slow email support.
- Inconsistent speed.
For more information, check out this full review of Surfshark!
3. ExpressVPN: 3K Servers in 94 Countries (4 Singaporean Servers)
ExpressVPN is British Virgin Islands based Service Provider. It also has a no-logs policy.
Express VPN is compatible with Windows, Chromebook, iOS, Android, Mac, and Linux devices. It’s compatible with all SmartTVs, all game consoles, Kindle Fire, and Nook devices. It also allows 5-Multi logins and delivers incredibly fast speeds. It also uses AES 256-bit encryption to protect your data.
- Very easy to download and use.
- Good customer support.
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee.
- One of the more expensive VPN services.
For more information, check out this full review of ExpressVPN!
4. CyberGhost: 6.1K Servers in 90 Countries (48 Singaporean Servers)
Cyberghost is based out of Romania, compatible with Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, and FireTV. It offers custom connections for Linux devices or routers. Cyberghost is compatible with torrents and unblocks Netflix US, and U.K. Cyberghost offers 7-multi logins and includes 256-Bit Encryption.
- Strict no-logging policy.
- Torrent Compatible.
- 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Slow VPN speeds.
- Limited Netflix compatibility.
- Questionable Parent Company.
For more information, check out this full review of CyberGhost!
5. Ivacy VPN: 1000 Servers in 100 Countries (8 Singaporean Servers)
Ivacy VPN is based right out of Singapore and offers a twp server in the country. Launched in 2007, it is one of the oldest VPN services on the market. Ivacy allows 5-multi logins and includes 256-Bit Encryption. Ivacy is considered to be very secure, but it is not compatible with Netflix or torrents.
The service provider is compatible with Windows, Chromebook, iOS, Android, Mac, and Linux devices. It’s compatible with consoles, including SmartTV, Kodi, Raspberry Pi, Roku, Blackberry, Xbox, and PS4. Ivacy won the Fastest VPN Award in the 2019 BestVPN.com Awards. Industry experts have also endorsed Ivacy as the best VPN for China.
- Good speeds for the price.
- Good customer service.
- Easy to install and use.
- No torrent compatibility.
- No Netflix compatibility.
- Limited Refund Policy.
For more information, check out this full review of Ivacy!
Will a VPN Protect You From Singapore’s Privacy Laws?
Yes, a VPN is an excellent way to hide your personal information and online activities from the government and ISPs. A Singapore VPN is a good way for you to protect your online activities from ISPs and the government.
A VPN hides your IP address and location. It also will help you get around copyright laws that censor website content. It’s also a wise idea to get a Singapore VPN because of being a third-party contributor to the 5/9/14 eyes alliance.
Best Singapore VPN FAQs
How can I change my VPN to Singapore?
If you have a reliable VPN, it’ll likely cover all the major regions of the world, including Singapore. If users want to connect their VPNs to Singapore, they just need to follow a few simple steps i.e
- Subscribe and download a VPN that has a Singaporean server. To see whether your service has a Singaporean server, go to their website and check on their servers or locations tab.
- Install the service on the device of your choice.
- Connect to a server in Singapore and browsing the internet with a Singaporean IP.
Is it legal to use a VPN in Singapore?
This is a tricky question. VPNs are not banned, hence they’re fully legal to use. However, you cannot use these services to access censored or pirated content. Since piracy is a strictly forbidden crime, make sure you use the absolute best VPN service that proper shields and masks your internet connection.
Wrapping Things Up
Depending on what your needs are, you have a lot of different options for VPN providers in Singapore. I would recommend PureVPN for the best value and overall performance.
It unblocks all famous VoDs like Netflix in the country, while even bypassing the “Great Firewall” in China. In other words, PureVPN is the ideal VPN solution for Singaporeans.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?