Best VPN for Multiple Devices in New Zealand 2022
The best VPN for multiple devices in New Zealand enables users to circumvent the problem of not being able to protect all devices simultaneously. Individuals who use different platforms may want to expand the security they get from VPNs in New Zealand.
In scenarios like these, it is wise to opt for providers that support multiple devices. Many VPN services only allow a single connection. After thorough research, we’ve compiled a list of top-notch 7 multiple devices VPNs in New Zealand.
Among these providers, Surfshark is the best of all because of its unlimited device connections in New Zealand. But, you’ll find all other VPNs reliable and worthy of consideration in New Zealand due to their features.
Overview on the Best VPN for Multiple Devices in New Zealand
Multiple VPN connections allow Kiwi users to leverage anonymity in New Zealand across all their devices. Without purchasing a separate subscription for new devices. We’ve critically evaluated different VPN providers in New Zealand to let you know the 7 best VPNs for multiple devices.
1. ExpressVPN (5 multiple device connections with great speed) – NZ$10.56/mo(US$6.67/mo.)
2. NordVPN (Login to 6 multiple devices instantaneously) – NZ$6.32/mo(US$3.99/mo.)
3. Surfshark (Unlimited device connections for all users) – NZ$3.94/mo(US$2.49/mo.)
4. CyberGhost (Protect 7 multiple devices at the same time) – NZ$3.63/mo(US$2.29/mo.)
5. IPVanish (Login to unlimited devices with a single account) – NZ$6.32/mo(US$3.99/mo.)
6. PureVPN (Connect to 10 multiple devices with huge servers) – NZ$3.15/mo(US$1.99/mo.)
7. Ivacy VPN (Connecting 5 Multiple Devices with encryption) – NZ$1.88/mo(US$1.19/mo.)
Best VPNs for Multiple Devices in New Zealand: Detailed Analysis
There are various VPN services in New Zealand t, but finding the best remains a challenge. Thereby, we have come up with an in-depth analysis of the VPNs that are compatible with multiple devices in New Zealand. Let’s read further to know each VPN specification.
1. ExpressVPN: 5 Simultaneous Users & Multiple Devices
- Multi logins: 5 Devices
- Costs: NZ$10.56/mo(US$6.67/mo.) on a 1-year plan
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.6
ExpressVPN multiple devices feature offers access to only 5 devices simultaneously, but it is incredibly apt at unblocking all kinds of geo-restricted sites across the world.
All servers successfully unblocked VoDs like Netflix, Disney Plus, Netflix US, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Voot, and more. You also have a pre-configured router app, along with dedicated clients for Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Samsung Smart TVs, etc.
A non US VPN, headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN falls out of the jurisdiction of the 5, 9, and 14 Eyes Alliances. It doesn’t store any records of its users and they’re backed with a strict no-logs policy which has been audited by PwC, an independent third-party organization.
ExpressVPN runs all its servers on RAM disks, which are volatile memory. That’s why even the Turkish government failed to get out any information from the VPN-industry giant.
ExpressVPN offers all the handy features that a user needs in this time when protection on the internet is more than necessary. An automatic kill switch, a split tunneling tool, and a Smart DNS feature named as MediaStreamer so you can have access to all the geo-blocked services without encrypting your traffic for a smooth experience in New Zealand.
- 5 simultaneous connections on one account.
- Verified “no-logging” policy (audited by PWC).
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries around the world.
- Works with Netflix, Disney Plus, and BBC iPlayer.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Expensive subscription plan.
For more information, check out this full ExpressVPN review!
2. NordVPN: 6 Simultaneous Users & Multiple Devices
- Multi logins: 6 Multiple Devices
- Costs: NZ$6.32/mo(US$3.99/mo.) on a 2-year plan.
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
Perfect for streaming, NordVPN is consistently growing as an excellent service for unblocking geo-restricted sites like Netflix and BBC iPlayer in New Zealand. It is undoubtedly the best VPN for multiple devices in New Zealand.
With NordVPN’s multiple device feature, you’ll have access to multi-logins on 6 devices, and you have apps available for popular platforms including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox, Fire TV, and more.
Registered in Panama, where there are no data retention laws, NordVPN assures that nothing is above the anonymity of their customer’s data. Being out of the jurisdiction of the 14 Eyes Alliances, no organization can reach or demand NordVPN to hand over valuable information.
NordVPN is undoubtedly the best VPN for all devices in New Zealand due to its amazing VPN specialty servers. It has a massive pool of servers that can unblock almost any geo-blocked service on the open web. It is the best multi-device VPN in New Zealand that allows you to connect with 6 unique devices.
Not only this, it provides some very handy features. Some of them include CyberSec, which automatically blocks malicious ads and malware in New Zealand. Double VPN, that can encrypt your traffic twice to keep you out of trouble while you do your shady work on the internet. Onion over VPN, to encrypt your traffic through the Tor network plus the VPN server.
All the NordVPN plans are covered by an active 30-day money-back guarantee offer so you can try it risk-free. And the process of getting a refund is very easy. You just have to reach a customer representative through their live chat on the website and your refund request will be placed.
- Offers 6 simultaneous connections on all plans.
- 5,100+ servers in more than 59 countries worldwide.
- Quick live chat support with detailed responses.
- Works well with VoDs like Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
- Double VPN and Split Tunnelling features.
- No port forwarding.
For more information, check out this full NordVPN review!
3. Surfshark: VPN for Multiple Devices (Unlimited Users)
- Multi logins: Unlimited
- Costs: NZ$3.94/mo(US$2.49/mo.) on a 2-year plan
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.2
All Surfshark plans give you access to unlimited simultaneous connections in New Zealand. Combined with the low price, this is quite a fantastic selling point. It allows users to access 3200+ servers in 65 countries.
The BVI-based provider also successfully unblocks Netflix, offers protection from DDoS attacks, and has native apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox, and a client for Amazon Fire TV too!
Yet, the reasons mentioned above make this provider get an edge in being the best VPN for multiple users in New Zealand. But, if you are still wondering what makes Surfshark be on the list of top-tier VPNs for multiple devices in New Zealand. Here’s why. Its exceptional ability to offer you all VPN benefits with a single creation of an account. Quite useful!
Surfshark uses the advanced protocols of this generation including OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKEv2.
Moreover, with a handsome pool of 3000+ servers, Surfshark can easily unblock major streaming platforms in New Zealand including Netflix, Hulu, BBC IPlayer, Disney+, and more!
Not only this, but if you want to use Surfshark for free in New Zealand, you can take advantage of its free trial hack.
- Unlimited multi-logins on a single account.
- Servers unblock most geo-restricted content.
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM encryption.
- Headquartered in the safe British Virgin Islands.
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leakage issues.
- No free trial is available for Windows.
For more information, check out this full Surfshark review!
4. CyberGhost: 7 Multiple Devices & Simultaneous Users
- Multi logins: 7 Devices
- Costs: NZ$3.63/mo(US$2.29/mo.) on a 3-year plan
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.7
CyberGhost is the famous Romanian VPN provider with a classy yellow and black theme. Its standard subscription will grant you access to simultaneous connections on 7 devices. You have 6,000+ servers in 89 countries worldwide, which unblock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and other VoDs in New Zealand.
Moreover, you can find easy-to-use apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Firestick, Android TVs, and more. If you are searching for the best multi-device VPN in New Zealand, then CyberGhost needs to be on your list.
- Connections on 7 multiple devices simultaneously.
- Dedicated servers for streaming platforms.
- 6000+ servers in 89 countries worldwide.
- 45-day money-back guarantee available.
- No leak issues.
- Lacks many advanced security features.
For more information, check out this full CyberGhost review!
5. IPVanish: 10 Multiple Devices & Simultaneous Users
- Multi logins: Unlimited Devices
- Costs: NZ$6.32/mo(US$3.99/mo.) on a 1-year plan
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.6
The US-based provider, IPVanish is available for NZ$6.32/mo(US$3.99/mo.) on a yearly plan and offers 1,900+ servers in 75+ countries. It is a zero-logs service that gives you access to unlimited simultaneous connections.
It can easily unblock all major streaming platforms in New Zealand. Apps are available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, and Fire TV.
- Unlimited simultaneous devices per account.
- User-friendly apps for Kodi and Amazon Fire TV.
- Impressing streaming speeds on 4k quality.
- 1,900+ VPN servers in 75+ locations worldwide.
- Access to censored VoDs & websites.
- Fails to bypass the Great Firewall in China.
- Getting responses from support takes time.
For more information, check out this full IPVanish review!
6. PureVPN: 10 Simultaneous Users & Multiple Devices
- Multi logins: 10 Multiple Devices
- Costs: NZ$3.15/mo(US$1.99/mo.) on a 2-year plan
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.7
PureVPN lets you connect to 10 devices simultaneously on a single account. The provider is also endorsed by Forbes and commended by Trustpilot reviewers for its unmatched privacy.
For device compatibility, PureVPN offers the most versatility, making apps available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Chrome, Mozilla, Apple TVs, Firestick, and an add-on for Kodi.
- Connectivity on ten devices simultaneously.
- 6500+ servers in 78 countries.
- Browser apps unblock Netflix smoothly.
- Double VPN and Split Tunneling features.
- 30-day refund guarantee available.
- TV apps may deliver sluggish performance.
For more information, check out this full PureVPN review!
7. Ivacy: 10 Multiple Devices & Simultaneous Users
- Multi logins: 5 Devices
- Costs: NZ$1.88/mo(US$1.19/mo.) on a 5-year plan
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.7
Ivacy’s standard subscription available for NZ$3.16/mo(US$1.19/month) will give you access to multi logins on 5 devices.
Combined with a network of 5700+ servers in 100+ countries worldwide that unblock all major streaming platforms and deliver excellent security, Ivacy is a great choice in New Zealand.
Apps are available for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox, Fire TV, and routers too.
- 5 simultaneous connections on one account.
- Servers for unblocking Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer.
- NAT Firewall and IPv6 Leak Protection VPN features.
- Over 5700 Servers in 100+ locations worldwide.
- Dedicated IPs are available as an add-on.
- Slow support.
For more information, check out this full Ivacy review!
How to Use a VPN with Multiple Devices in New Zealand
If this is your first attempt at setting up a VPN in New Zealand, you’ll be pleased to know that the process is quite simple. Just follow the easy instructions below and enjoy VPN connectivity on all devices!
- Sign up with a suitable VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app. Make sure to get the correct version for your device.
- Repeat this step for all devices you want to leverage VPN connectivity on.
- ExpressVPN supports 5 multi-logins, so no matter how many devices you set up ExpressVPN on, you can use 5 devices at the same time.
- Simply select a server you want to connect to and that’s about it.
- You should now have secure internet access across all your devices.
Also, if users want to stream locked content on platforms in New Zealand like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, etc, but are facing problems, consider clearing your cookies, cache, and then refresh the page.
How to Setup a Multiple Device VPN in New Zealand on a Wi-Fi Router
While the above VPN providers do let you enjoy connectivity on multiple devices. There are sometimes when you may require more. In such circumstances, it is best to opt for a pre-configured VPN router instead of an individual device in New Zealand.
Hence, by setting up a VPN on your router, all devices connected to the Wi-Fi network at your home or office will receive VPN protection and anonymity in New Zealand. Your data stays encrypted at all times, and you can feel assured not to fall victim to any cybercrime.
Follow the below-listed steps to setup Surfshark VPN on the router:
- Subscribe to the Surfshark Account by clicking the link here.
- Next, log in to the Asus router control panel. Enter 192.168.1.1 in your browser.
- Log in by using Account Credentials.
- After signing in, click on the VPN in the sidebar
- Now you’ve to click on the VPN client & further on Add Profile.
- Next, click on the OpenVPN tab and enter a Description to give your VPN a name. Then, enter your Surfshark account Username & Password
- Afterward, add configuration files of your chosen VPN server. Download the configuration files first by clicking here.
- Next, click on Choose File and pick the configuration file you need
- Once the configuration file is successfully imported, click the OK button. Unchecked the “Import the CA file or edit the .ovpn file manually”
- You will get a new connection with the name of the description that you’ve given earlier. Now, you’ve to click on the Activate button in order to connect the Asus router to the preferred Surfshark server.
- In the Connection Status, you’ll see a blue tick that shows a successful connection.
To set up ExpressVPN on your router, visit our detailed guide: How to Install & Set up ExpressVPN on Router
Why Do You Need the Best VPN for Multiple Devices in New Zealand
If you own multiple devices and gadgets in New Zealand, it is only wise that you receive protection on all of them. Now, it is definitely not sensible to buy a separate VPN license for every device in your home. Meeting the costs will become a difficult task.
This is why it is better to go for a multi-device VPN in New Zealand, as it allows you to save money and deliver greater value. You get protection on all your devices, for a lesser price and considerably lesser hassle.
Not only does this boost the convenience of increasing your online privacy, but it also ensures that you stay safe from the prying eyes of hackers, government agencies, and copyright hunters at the touch of a button!
Multiple devices VPN is a cost-effective option for SMEs in New Zealand. It assists you in getting a seamless browsing experience online free from privacy concerns. Any entity must protect its valuable data from cyber-attacks.
Free VPNs for Multiple Devices in New Zealand
Do you want to opt for a free VPN for multiple devices in New Zealand? If yes, here are the free VPNs in New Zealand that provide users with multi-login benefits.
1. AtlasVPN – Free Service With Restrictions
AtlasVPN is a US-based VPN service and it allows unlimited simultaneous connections in New Zealand. Although it’s free to use, you can also get the premium version of AtlasVPN at the cost of NZ$3.21/mo(US$2.05/mo.) if you sign up for the 2-year plan.
AtlasVPN offers 750+ servers in 36 locations which is not a rich server count if we compare it to the top-tier players of the industry but for a free VPN, it’s pretty decent.
The VPN provider doesn’t collect logs of the users. It protects your data with the 256-bit encryption method and offers the IKEv2 and WireGuard protocols.
Some of the AtlasVPN servers allow you to unblock major streaming platforms in New Zealand including Netflix, Hulu, BBC IPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and more. You can also use it for P2P as AtlasVPN supports torrenting in New Zealand.
AtlasVPN is compatible with all major operating systems including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. And it is safe to say that AtlasVPN is the best free VPN for multiple devices in New Zealand.
2. ProtonVPN – Free Service With 1 Connection
The Switzerland-based ProtonVPN is another top-tier VPN provider that offers unlimited bandwidth to free users in New Zealand. You can only use one device with a free ProtonVPN account. With that, you can use handy features like kill switch and other privacy features too.
The only thing that bums the users is that you can only choose between 3 server locations with the free version of ProtonVPN.
Moreover, we have tried unblocking major streaming platforms with the free version but it couldn’t unblock Netflix or any other platforms.
There is no live chat support and the torrenting traffic is blocked right away.
The app is very easy to use though and a beginner can smoothly navigate through the app. The provider doesn’t store any logs of the customers.
So if you’re just looking for privacy and anonymity on the internet then you can go for ProtonVPN but other than that if streaming or torrenting is what you’re looking for then this VPN provider is a pass.
3. Hotspot Shield – Free Service With Limited Bandwidth
The VPN from California, Hotspot Shield has always been confusing about its logging policy, even though they don’t collect any information about your browser history or activities, it does collect other intel.
The free version of Hotspot Shield allows you to use one device with a bandwidth of 500 MB per day with access to 1 server location. But the catch is that you have to watch some ads while you’re using the VPN service in New Zealand.
And as it is a US-based VPN service, the provider falls into the jurisdiction of 5 Eyes Alliances.
The number of IP addresses for the paid version is 1,800, however, the information for this regarding the free version is not disclosed.
Hotspot Shield free version cannot unblock streaming platforms in New Zealand like Netflix, Hulu, or BBC IPlayer but it does support torrenting to some extent.
Overall, it is a good freemium VPN service in New Zealand if you want it for general usage on the web. But if you’re looking to bypass geo-restrictions on streaming platforms then Hotspot Shield is not the best VPN to go for in New Zealand.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How many devices can use a VPN?
It depends on the VPN provider. Most VPN providers allow 5 to 6 simultaneous connections. Like ExpressVPN allows 5 and NordVPN allow 6. But there are other VPN services like Surfshark or IPVanish that have no limit on simultaneous connections. But you have to compare both these options with other factors and come up with a solution.
Can you use the same VPN on multiple devices in New Zealand?
Yes, you can. If your VPN provider offers more than 1 simultaneous connection then you can. The catch is to sign up for a top-tier VPN provider like ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or Surfshark in New Zealand. If you go for an average VPN or a free VPN then you might not have this option of simultaneous connections with a single VPN account.
What is the best VPN for all devices in New Zealand?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for all your devices in New Zealand. If you sign up for ExpressVPN, you’ll get to use the same account on 5 simultaneous devices. But there is another great option. As ExpressVPN is the only VPN provider that offers a dedicated router app, you can set it up easily on your router and cover all the devices of your household. You wouldn’t even need to install the VPN app individually on every device because as soon as your device connects to your Wi-Fi network, it’s protected by a VPN.
Do you need a separate VPN for each device in New Zealand?
Buying a VPN license for every device in your home does not make sense from a financial point of view. A better option would be to get a pre-configured VPN router or sign up with a multi-device VPN in New Zealand like the ones mentioned above.
Can you use NordVPN on more than one device in New Zealand?
Yes, you can use NordVPN on multiple devices in New Zealand. A single subscription from the provider enables users to enjoy connections on 6 devices simultaneously.
Which VPN allows the most devices in New Zealand?
Currently, Surfshark is the only provider in New Zealand that is offering unlimited simultaneous connections. You can use a single subscription on any number of devices you want to.
Can a router help me get more device connections with my VPN?
Yes. If you set up a VPN directly on your router then all the devices that connect to your router are secured by a VPN connection. The best VPN for routers is ExpressVPN as it offers a dedicated app for routers. It supports all the popular routers including Asus, Linksys, and Netgear. All you need to do is set up ExpressVPN on your router and all the devices of your household, even the ones that have no VPN support, will be covered with VPN encryption.
Which VPN offers the most simultaneous connections in New Zealand?
Surfshark offers the most simultaneous connections in New Zealand. It doesn’t have limits on bandwidth and you can set it up on as many devices as you want with a single subscription plan.
Wrapping Things Up
To conclude, with this multi-device VPN guide in New Zealand, you can learn new ways to leverage security and privacy. It is beneficial for both individual and corporate level users. For that reason, the above listed 7 best VPNs for multiple devices in New Zealand are quite rewarding for users.
With every factor taken into consideration, ExpressVPN is the undisputed champion for simultaneous connections in New Zealand. However, if you want an alternative suggestion, do consider signing up with Surfshark which is the second-best VPN for multiple devices in New Zealand.
If you face any issues or need to give better recommendations, feel free to comment below. Moreover, do share the guide with friends and family members looking for multiple devices VPN in New Zealand.