Stremio VPN – Why Should You Use It
Stremio is a video streaming software designed that allows users to watch and organize movies/TV shows, live TV and other channels. It typically creates a central access point for entertainment on your device and relies on an add-on system for providing streams, similar to the open-source app, Kodi!
The platform is a content aggregator that simply provides all the content you want to watch in a single location. Best part of all: the app also notifies users about new episodes/videos/movies regularly. For more information, read this guide on how to setup Stremio VPN.
Best Stremio VPN
In addition to grabbing content from torrent sites and free streaming platforms, Stremio also grants users access to premium services, such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime. However, you do need to enter your subscription to view the content.
Since the player cannot get around regional restrictions, you may also face trouble in watching your favorite movie/TV show. This is where Stremio VPN services come in, granting users the ability to bypass geo-restrictions and watch whatever you want! Below are suggestions for the best Stremio VPNs:
- $10.95$2.49Per Month
77% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 80,000+IPs & 750+ servers in 141+ countries
- 5 Multi Logins
- 15 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN & IKEv2 protocols
- $10.49$2.75Per Month
- Automatic Kill Switch
- Supports OpenVPN Protocol
- DNS and IP Leak Protection
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Strict No Logs Policy
- Friendly Support: Live Chat or Ticket
- Simultaneous login On 5 Devices
- Access To 1000+ Servers
- $11.95$2.75Per Month
77% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 3600+ servers in 60+ countries
- Offers 5 Tunneling Protocols
- 6 Simultaneous Connection
- Offers 2048 Bit Encryption
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Supports Netflix
- $10.95$2.55Per Month
- Free Trial
- Zero logging
- Only 48 servers in 30 countries
- 7-day Money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and speed
- AES-256 bit encryption keys
- Compatible with all Major Platforms
- User-friendly interface
- Live Chat
- $8.95$1.99Per Month
- 450+ Servers in 100+ Locations
- Optimized P2P/Torrenting Servers
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices Simultaneously
- 100% access to Kodi, Netflix, Hulu & more
- Kill Switch, IPv6 Leak Protection, Secure DNS
- 256-Bit Data Encryption on OpenVPN Protocol
Best Stremio VPN Features As Of December 2017
PureVPN – Best for Stremio Geo Unblocking
PureVPN is a Hong-King based provider that offers the most budget-friendly pricing to customers. It gives you 2-year access for a measly $2.45 per month. Best part of all: the service offers connectivity to 790 servers in 140+ countries worldwide and even comes equipped with advanced features like anti-virus, split tunneling, and ad blocking.
ExpressVPN – Perfect Choice for Faster Stemio Streams
Based in British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN ranks among the top five VPNs in the marketplace currently. The provider offers a remarkable product, priced at $8.32 per month (if you opt for the annual plan). This product supports all famous protocols, boasts advanced features like Kill Switch and Firewall, and comes with an extensive list of 1500+ servers spread across 94 countries.
NordVPN – Cheaper Option for Get Around Stremio DCMA
Based in Panama, NordVPN is one the safest choices for exploring the internet, while enjoying high bandwidth for streaming. It has a huge list of 2381 servers spread across 56 countries. You can even use the VPN on six devices simultaneously for a measly $3.29 per month (if you opt for the 2-year plan). Best part of all: you have a 30-day money back guarantee available.
Is Stremio Safe without Stremio VPN?
When you access the Stremio application, you will see a list of TV shows/movies available to watch from a variety of sources. The app just indexes the content and categorizes the favorites on your hard drive. While the app itself is completely safe to use, accessing pirated content can get you into legal hassles.
This is why it is preferred to install a Stremio VPN, which encrypts your internet traffic to keep your identity anonymous from governmental agencies and local ISPs. The same goes for applications like Kodi and Popcorn Time. It is vital to use a VPN service!
Is Stremio Legal while Using Stremio VPN?
Using the Stremio software is legal, if you indulge yourself with its official add-ons. However, if you use the ones from third-party developers that offer pirated content FREE of charge, there are some legal disputes that may arise. To ensure you remain completely secure, subscribe to a VPN service!
How to Use Stremio?
Using Stremio requires no rocket science. To start watching your favorite movies/TV shows on the app, you just have to download the dedicated client for you device/OS. Since Stremio is a multi-platform service, you have apps available for Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android:
- How to Install Stremio VPN on Stremio Windows App – Once you have subscribed to a VPN service from the names mentioned above and installed the dedicated client, connect to any server of your choice. It is preferred to choose a location that has convenient copyright infringement laws. Once done, you can download the Windows app from here.
- How to Install Stremio VPN for Stremio on iOS – Providers like PureVPN, ExpressVPN, and NordVPN, all offer applications that are available on iTunes for you to install. Just setup the VPN by connecting to any server of your choice and then download the Stremio app from iTunes.
- How to Setup Stremio VPN for Stremio Mac App – Similar to the above platforms, setting up Stremio VPN on the Mac application is incredibly easy. Once you get the Stremio VPN configured on your Mac OS, visit the main website to download the software optimized for use on Mac systems.
- How to Install Stremio VPN for Stremio Android APK – You can download the Stremio Android APK file from here. Once installed, simply select a VPN service that suits your budgetary needs and privacy requirements. Download the dedicated application on your Android and then connect to any server of your choice.
- How to Setup Stremio VPN for Stremio Linux App – Setting up Stremio VPN is incredibly easy on the Linux app. Though, there is no built-in VPN client like Popcorn Time. You can still subscribe to any service mentioned above and then download the dedicated application of Stremio Linux from the website.
How to Access/Unblock Geo-Restricted Stremio Add-ons Using VPN
Stremio offers users plenty of ways to watch their favorite content, which includes loading links from streaming websites or magnet links of torrents. In addition to this, you also have add-ons available, which provide access to pirated content.
However, oftentimes certain sources and add-ons may impose regional restrictions, which make it inconvenient for users outside a specific country to access content. A simply fix is to use a VPN and connect to a server within the region to bypass geo-blocking.
Unblock Stremio Using SmartDNS
If you are located in a country that has blocked services like Stremio, Kodi and Popcorn Time, you can always opt to use a SmartDNS service to bypass geo-restrictions. It typically shifts your location, making it appear as if you were located in a different country.
Stremio VPN vs. Stremio Smart DNS
In comparison to VPN services, SmartDNS does not provide encryption or security. It does not change the IP address, but merely configures the DNS server on your network. Since there is no encryption, you are at risk of legal hassles, if you watch pirated content.
This is why it is usually preferred to use a VPN tunnel. By using the OpenVPN protocol, you can leverage military-grade 256-bit AES encryption, which guarantees utmost level of protection. Always use a VPN when using services like Stremio, Kodi or Popcorn Time.
Wrapping Things Up
If you want to keep your identity secure when watching movies/TV shows, do not forget to subscribe to a Stremio VPN service. After all, your privacy should always be the top priority currently, where simply watching content online can get you in trouble.