How to Watch The Winter Olympics 2018 Live Online Free From Anywhere
Officially known as the XXIII Olympic Winter Game and commonly known as PyeongChang 2018, the major international multi-sport event is finally underway. So, it is time to get ready for some of the best sports championships, you have ever seen. Below is a list of the official partners and sponsors for the event.
PyeongChang previously bid host to the 2010 and 2014 Olympic Games but lost by three and four votes. However, they won the bid for 2018, which means they have been preparing for the event a long time. Read this guide for more information on how to watch the Winter Olympics 2018:
Winter Olympics 2018 Location
The PyeongChang Winter Olympics 2018 will have its opening ceremony on February 9 at the Pyeongchang County. It will begin at 8 p.m. (Korean Standard Time). Since there is 14 hours difference between the Eastern Standard Time, people in the US should tune in at 6 a.m. Closing ceremonies will be on Sunday, February 25.
2018 Winter Olympics Schedule
Though the official opening ceremony will be held on February 9, the games do not begin until next day (on Saturday, February 10). Some of the medal competitions scheduled for Saturday include women’s biathlon, men’s ski jumping, and women’s speed skating.
Aside from the usual events, such as figure skating, skiing, and bobsledding, there are four new events added this year: mixed doubles curling, big air snowboarding, freestyle skiing, and mass start speed skating. You will surely have a great time watching the diversity in sports! Click here for the complete schedule of the 2018 Winter Olympics.
Winter Olympics 2018 Official Broadcasters and Channels
If you are located in the US, you can easily watch the Winter Olympics 2018 on NBC, which is the official broadcaster for the games. If you do not have a subscription to the service, consider getting one soon. You can sign up here and take advantage of free offerings on your mobile/tablet!
If you are living across the pond, then you can consider signing up with Eurosport. The channel has been labeled as one of the official broadcasters for the UK. You can follow updates for the Olympics Games here. There are typically two subscription plans available: £5/day and £30/year.
If you do not have a Eurosport account, you can always consider using BBC (another official UK broadcaster for the 2018 Olympic games). Though no prices have been announced yet, you can follow the page for updates on the BBC stream here.
If you are living in Canada, then simply switch your channel to CBC for live streams and additional coverage for the Olympics. Similar to BBC, there have not been any price announcements, but you can follow the website for updates here.
If you do not live in the US, UK, Canada, or anywhere in Europe, but somewhere in Asia or other any location, you can consider using 7 Live for watching the 2018 Winter Olympics. Simply tune in here on Saturday, February 10 to get a live stream for the event.
How to Watch Winter Olympics 2018 from Anywhere
If you want to watch the Winter Olympics 2018 for anywhere, there is no better option than using a VPN service. By masking your IP address and encrypting your internet connection, VPNs allow users to bypass geo-restrictions imposed on sites like CBC, BBC, NBC, etc.
Below is a list of the best providers in 2018, based on their reliability, performance, support, pricing, and apps compatibility. Feel free to select one that best suits your privacy needs and budgetary requirements. Connect to any UK, Canada, or US server and get access to the geo-restricted sites.
- $11.95$2.99Per Month
75% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- DoubleVPN and CyberSec for Cloaking Identity
- Automatic Kill Switch and DNS Leak Protection
- Onion over VPN and SmartDNS Features
- SOCKS5 Proxy for Torrenting Safely
- 4879+ Servers in 62 countries
- Multi-Logins on Six Devices
- Dedicated IP Addresses
- $11.95$1.99Per Month
- AES 256-bit network traffic encryption
- OpenVPN and IKEv2 security protocols
- No logs policy
- 500+ servers in 50 countries
- 24/7 customer service
- Supports P2P/Torrenting
- $12.95$6.67Per Month
- iOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, Android Apps
- “Stealth VPN” Servers for Regressive Countries
- Excellent WebRTC and DNS Leak Protection
- Split Tunneling and Automatic Kill Switch
- 2,000+ Servers in 148 Countries Worldwide
- SmartDNS and Network Lock Features
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- $10.95$2.99Per Month
73% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 300,000 + IPs & 2000 + Servers
- Dedicated Streaming Servers Available
- Split Tunneling/DNS Leak Protection
- P2P/Torrenting, Port Forwarding, Static IPs
- L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN & IKEv2 protocols
- DDoS Protection and Internet Kill Switch
- $12.99$3.50Per Month
- DNS and IP Leak Protection for Unblocking
- 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 7-day Trial
- 3000 Servers to Bypass Geo-Restrictions
- Secure Wi-Fi Feature for Security in Public
- Kill Switch and DNS/IP Leak Protection
- Mozilla and Chrome Browser Add-ons
- OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec and PPTP protocols
How to Watch Winter Olympics 2018 Online Free Live
When it comes to watching events like the Winter Olympics online, many people try looking for solutions that do not involve paying for a TV subscription. If you are one of those people, consider signing up at Sling TV. It will broadcast the event on the website live.
The best part of all: the service offers free trials of the service. You can use the website FREELY for seven days. Make sure to sign up close to the Winter Olympic dates to watch the event without paying a penny. As another option, also explore UStream, Facebook, Periscope, and YouTube for live streaming links on the day of the event.
How to Watch Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi
If the above options for watching the Winter Olympics 2018 FREE do not work out, you can always rely on KODI add-ons! This open-source, multi-platform entertainment hub is the top choice for when it comes to watching movies, TV shows and live TV safely. Simply download and install the WNBC or cCloud TV add-on to enjoy streams for the 2018 Winter Olympics. You can also see our kodi vpn guide for more information.
- Open the Kodi V17 Application and select “Add-ons”
- Click on the “Package” symbol on the top left corner
- Select “Install from Zip file” from the list of options
- Click on the “Kodi Add-on Repository” and then “Video Add-ons”
- Scroll down to alphabetic order “W” and find WNBC Programs
- Open the extension and hit the install button
- Access WNBC Programs from Video Add-ons
- Open the Kodi V17 app and click on the “Gear” icon
- Select “File Manager” from the list of options
- Scroll down and click on “Add Source”
- Enter http://kdil.co/repo in the URL box
- Name the media source Kodi Israel
- Return to the main menu and select “Add-ons”
- Click on the “Package” symbol on the top left corner
- Select “Install from zip file” and click on Kodi Israel
- Click on “Kodil.zip” to install the repository
- Wait for the “Add-on Installed” notification
- Head towards “Install from Repository”
- Select “..Kodil Repository” and then “Video Add-ons”
- Scroll down, find cCloud TV and hit the install button
- Open the Add-on, select “All Channels”
- Press the left button on your keyboard
- Select “Search” and type in “NBC”
- Enjoy watching the Winter Olympics 2018!
Games to Look for In Winter Olympics 2018
- Short Track Speed Skating
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Nordic Combined
- Freestyle Skiing
- Figure Skating
- Speed Skating
- Alpine Skiing
- Ski Jumping
- Ice Hockey
Future Winter Olympics Schedule
The excitement of the Winter Olympics is a completely euphoric feeling, as it gives the common man the opportunity to watch a diversity of sports and their famous athletes in action. Are you looking forward to the future events? If so, then you must know that Tokyo has been elected for the 2020 Summer Olympics, Beijing for 2022, Paris for 2024, and Los Angeles for 2028!
Winter Olympics 2018 Facts and Figures with Trailers
- Though the 1988 Summer Olympics were held in Seoul, this is actually the first time South Korea is hosting the Winter Olympics!
- When compared to the 2014 Sochi Olympics costs, the PyeongChang Winter Olympics has an estimated cost of $10 billion, which is five times lesser!
- For the 2018 event, PyeongChang has added four new sports to the Olympics. These include snowboard big air, Alpine Skiing, speed skating, and curling mixed doubles.
- The last Winter Olympics took place in Sochi, Russia – which led the standings with 33 medals overall, including 13 GOLD! South Korea won eight medals from them in total.
Wrapping Things Up
If you are trying to figure out how to watch Winter Olympics 2018 online, make sure to follow the abovementioned tips. Nevertheless, if you encounter any issues, do not hesitate on informing us below. Feel free to share the article with your friends/family members, looking forward to the sports ceremony. Have an amazing week!