How to Watch the Golden Globe Awards 2018
It is time people! The Golden Globe Awards 2018 is getting closer by the day. Scheduled to broadcast live on January 7th, get them munchies ready, invite your friends over, and together watch the 75th Annual event this Sunday, right from your home! After all, we have been awaiting the awards season for a long time. So what better way to watch it using best vpn other than with your friends?
The excitement and fervor is already spreading throughout the air. But, there is only one concern on everyone’s minds: How to watch the Golden Globe Awards 2018? This is where we ENTERTAINMENT GEEKS come in! We have come up with a few hacks for streaming the Golden Globes ceremony online. So, without further ado, continue reading the guide below:
Golden Globes Host 2018
Before we start though, let us provide you a few details regarding the event. If you have not already learned, the American Comedian, Seth Meyers will be the host of the 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards. This means, you really have to prepare for some laughter-induced asthma, no kidding.
However, things do not just end here. Last year, Twitter landed the pact for the red-carpets two-hour pre-show. This time around though, Facebook has secured the deal with Hollywood Foreign Press Association. So gear yourself for some extra laughter, as the hosts for the pre-show have just been named.
Among some of the hit stars, include Laura Marano, Scott Mantz, Jeannie Mai, and AJ Gibson. This pre-show will stream live exclusively on the Golden Globes Facebook Page from 6-8 p.m. So, do not forget to login to your FB account and enjoy the pre-show enjoyment.
Golden Globes Winners 2017
If you missed last year’s Golden Globe Awards, here are some highlights regarding the winners:
Best Director and Screenplay
- La La Land – Damien Chazelle
Best Motion Picture
- Moonlight (Drama)
- La La Land (Musical or Comedy)
Best Performance in a Motion Picture – Drama
- Manchester by the Sea – Casey Affleck (Actor)
- Elle – Isabelle Hupport (Actress)
Best Performance in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
- La La Land – Ryan Gosling (Actor)
- La La Land – Emma Stone (Actress)
Best Supporting Performance in a Motion Picture – Drama, Musical or Comedy
- Nocturnal Animals – Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Supporting Actor)
- Fences – Viola Davis (Supporting Actress)
How Can I Watch Golden Globes Online?
NBC is the official television and online broadcaster for the 75th Golden Globe Awards 2018. This means, if you want to watch the ceremony, you will have to sign up for an NBC TV account. The website also provides regular updates regarding the event, along with previews and other specials here.
How to Watch Golden Globes 2018 from Anywhere
Since NBC is an American broadcasting company, it imposes geographical restrictions, which deny access to users outside the country. To watch the Golden Globes on NBC, you will have to invest in a VPN solution. By masking your IP address and making it appear you reside in the US, VPNs bypass geo-limitations.
Subsequently, you can easily access the website, sign up, and watch the event. Below is a list of the best VPN providers, in terms of reliability, performance, support, and apps compatibility. Select one that best suits your needs and budgetary requirements.
- $11.95$1.99Per Month
- AES 256-bit network traffic encryption
- OpenVPN and IKEv2 security protocols
- No logs policy
- 500+ servers in 50 countries
- 24/7 customer service
- Supports P2P/Torrenting
- $10.95$2.88Per Month
74% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 300,000 + IPs & 2000 + Servers
- Dedicated Streaming Servers Available
- Split Tunneling/DNS Leak Protection
- P2P/Torrenting, Port Forwarding, Static IPs
- L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN & IKEv2 protocols
- DDoS Protection and Internet Kill Switch
- $12.95$6.67Per Month
- iOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, Android Apps
- “Stealth VPN” Servers for Regressive Countries
- Excellent WebRTC and DNS Leak Protection
- Split Tunneling and Automatic Kill Switch
- 2,000+ Servers in 148 Countries Worldwide
- SmartDNS and Network Lock Features
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- $11.95$2.99Per Month
75% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- Works with US Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- 30-day Money Back Guarantee Available
- WebRTC, IPv6, and DNS Leak Protection
- Simultaneous Connections on 6 Devices
- Dedicated Servers for P2P & Streaming
- 5,228 servers in 62 countries worldwide
- $12.99$2.75Per Month
- DNS and IP Leak Protection for Unblocking
- 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 7-day Trial
- 3000 Servers to Bypass Geo-Restrictions
- Secure Wi-Fi Feature for Security in Public
- Kill Switch and DNS/IP Leak Protection
- Mozilla and Chrome Browser Add-ons
- OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec and PPTP protocols
How to Watch Golden Globes Online Live Free
For the pre-show Red Carpet event, just access Golden Globe’s Facebook page for FREE coverage. However, if you want to view the main show, without paying a single penny – consider checking out this link. The page has different links to websites that will stream the event FREE.
As another option, you can even consider signing up at Sling TV. The streaming platform includes NBC in its Blue Package. Here is how you can gain access to the website. Once you get your gift card, subscribe to Sling Blue and enjoy watching the Golden Globe Awards 2018!
How to Watch Golden Globes 2018 on Kodi
When it comes to watching Golden Globes 2018 on Kodi, you have two options: install WNBC or cCloud TV. The former is the best choice for users, who already have a subscription with NBC. The latter grants access to NBC, without paying a single penny. Below we discuss how to install both add-ons:
- Open the Kodi V17 Application and select “Add-ons”
- Click on the “Package” symbol on the top left corner
- Select “Install from Zip file” from the list of options
- Click on the “Kodi Add-on Repository” and then “Video Add-ons”
- Scroll down to alphabetic order “W” and find WNBC Programs
- Open the extension and hit the install button
- Access WNBC Programs from Video Add-ons
- Open the Kodi V17 app and click on the “Gear” icon
- Select “File Manager” from the list of options
- Scroll down and click on “Add Source”
- Enter http://kdil.co/repo in the URL box
- Name the media source Kodi Israel
- Return to the main menu and select “Add-ons”
- Click on the “Package” symbol on the top left corner
- Select “Install from zip file” and click on Kodi Israel
- Click on “Kodil.zip” to install the repository
- Wait for the “Add-on Installed” notification
- Head towards “Install from Repository”
- Select “..Kodil Repository” and then “Video Add-ons”
- Scroll down, find cCloud TV and hit the install button
- Open the Add-on, select “All Channels”
- Press the left button on your keyboard
- Select “Search” and type in “NBC”
- Enjoy watching Golden Globe Awards 2018!
Wrapping Things Up
If you are trying to figure out how to watch Golden Globes online, make sure to follow the above mentioned tips. Nevertheless, if you encounter any issues, do not hesitate on informing us below. Feel free to share the article with your friends/family members, looking forward to the Awards Ceremony. Have an amazing weekend!