How to Setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy S6
The flagship series of Samsung brings you the latest Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. Following the path of its predecessors, Samsung S6 and S6 Edge are among of the most powerful Smartphone’s you can choose from and certainly the best we have had our hands on this year.
Although there is slight difference between the two models, both pack a punch when it comes to performance and features offered. Samsung S6 Edge does provide a more futuristic look and feel compared to the standard S6; but to be honest, you won’t be losing anything serious if you forgo the curved screen.
To make matters more complicated, Samsung has announced that another model, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, will coming out soon. So no matter which version of S6 you have, you should protect your online privacy and confidential data with a VPN on Samsung S6.
VPN Setup for Samsung S6
There are many VPN services for Samsung S6 available in the industry and each of them are highly compatible and easy to setup. Since Samsun S6 and S6 Edge run on Android OS, you can also find their apps on the Google Play Store.
Another way of using VPN on Samsung S6 is to configure it manually. You can setup VPN on Samsung S6 by following these steps:
- Open ‘Settings’ from your Samsung S6 by going into Apps.
- Now under the Connections section, tab on ‘More connection settings’.
- Next you will see more options, tab on ‘VPN’.
- Tab on ‘Add VPN’ from the top right corner of the screen to adding a new profile.
- A small pop will open. Enter the connection name and select the protocol from the drop down menu under ‘Type’. PPTP is relatively simple as no additional information is required. If you want to use L2TP/IPSec, then enter the additional details provided by your VPN provider.
- Then enter the ‘Server address’ you want to connect and hit ‘Save’.
- You will now see your new VPN profile added. To connect, tab on your new VPN profile and enter the login details (username & password), check ‘Save account information’, and hit ‘CONNECT.
Best VPN for Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge
A VPN for Samsung S6 will keep you safe when you connect to public Wi-Fi hotspots. These Wi-Fi hotspots are highly unsecure and attract malicious entities like hackers, snoopers, phishes, and spammers.
These cyber-goons look to tap into your personal space and retrieve a host of sensitive data about you. Since, Samsung S6 incorporates cutting edge technology and syncs all your social media accounts, banking details, personal images, and much more; it is very easy for such cyber threats to use any of these information to their advantage.
Below are some of the best VPN for Samsung S6 you can choose from. These VPN services will encrypt all your internet traffic; keeping it safe from hackers and others alike. You can also unblock geo restricted content and access blocked websites with the help of a Samsung Galaxy S6 VPN.
- $11.95$1.99Per Month
- AES 256-bit network traffic encryption
- OpenVPN and IKEv2 security protocols
- No logs policy
- 500+ servers in 50 countries
- 24/7 customer service
- Supports P2P/Torrenting
- $10.95$2.88Per Month
74% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 300,000 + IPs & 2000 + Servers
- Dedicated Streaming Servers Available
- Split Tunneling/DNS Leak Protection
- P2P/Torrenting, Port Forwarding, Static IPs
- L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN & IKEv2 protocols
- DDoS Protection and Internet Kill Switch
- $12.95$6.67Per Month
- iOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, Android Apps
- “Stealth VPN” Servers for Regressive Countries
- Excellent WebRTC and DNS Leak Protection
- Split Tunneling and Automatic Kill Switch
- 2,000+ Servers in 148 Countries Worldwide
- SmartDNS and Network Lock Features
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- $11.95$2.99Per Month
75% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- Works with US Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- 30-day Money Back Guarantee Available
- WebRTC, IPv6, and DNS Leak Protection
- Simultaneous Connections on 6 Devices
- Dedicated Servers for P2P & Streaming
- 5,228 servers in 62 countries worldwide
- $12.99$2.75Per Month
- DNS and IP Leak Protection for Unblocking
- 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 7-day Trial
- 3000 Servers to Bypass Geo-Restrictions
- Secure Wi-Fi Feature for Security in Public
- Kill Switch and DNS/IP Leak Protection
- Mozilla and Chrome Browser Add-ons
- OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec and PPTP protocols
To explore more about the other VPN providers compatible with your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, check out our detailed guide on best cheap vpn along with setup and configuration steps.
Samsung S6 and S6 Edge are some of the best Smartphone’s you can choose from today. Samsung S6 Edge has a slightly thicker design and provides more battery live compared to standard S6. With S6 Edge, you can also get cool features with the curve part of the screen.
However, there is no difference in the hardware, screen size, camera, and other key parts of the phone between S6 and S6 Edge. You can protect all your private information from cyber attacks using a VPN on Samsung S6.
Our guide will help you setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. The VPN setup for PPTP and L2TP/IPSec protocol is fairly easy and the steps provided above will guide you through the setup. OpenVPN will require a bit more effort and if you want to setup OpenVPN protocol, check out our best vpn guide.