How to Setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy S4
When it comes to selecting a Smartphone with powerful features and impressive performance, Samsung’s Galaxy S series cannot be ignored. Competing with the likes of iPhone, HTC and Sony, Samsung S4 commanded an impressive share of the market when it was first released in 2013.
Compared to the some of the older versions of Samsung Galaxy S series, Samsung S4 was a worthy successor. Equipped with Quad-core processor, 2GB RAM and running Android OS, Samsung S4 was amongst the most powerful phones at the time.
However, the problem with all Smartphone’s is that they are susceptible to numerous cyber attacks. These threats are magnified when you connect to unsecure public Wi-Fi hotspots. There are hackers, spammers, snoopers, phishes, and other malicious goons looking to tab into your Samsung S4 and retrieve all your personal and confidential information. This is where you need a VPN on Samsung S4.
VPN Setup for Samsung S4
A VPN will encrypt all the traffic that passes through your Samsung S4, making it secure from any cyber attacks. A VPN will also make you anonymous over the web and allow you to access geo blocked web-content.
There are many VPN services you can choose from and majority of them have exclusive apps for Android. Unfortunately, these apps might crash at times or promote some unforeseen error. To overcome this issue you can setup VPN on Samsung S4 manually.
Don’t know how to setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy S4? Just follow these steps:
- Close all other apps and access ‘Settings’ on your Samsung S4.
- Now tab on ‘More…’ under Wireless & Networks.
- Tab on ‘VPN’ to configure the service manually.
- You will then see ‘Add VPN Profile’ or ‘+’ icon; tab on it to add a new VPN profile.
- A small window will pop up; enter the connection name, select the connection type (protocol you want to use) and the server address you want to connect. Once this information is entered, hit ‘Save’.
- Your new VPN profile is now setup; tab on it and enter the login credentials (username and password) you received or selected for the VPN service and hit ‘Connect’.
Configuring PPTP and L2TP/IPSec protocols is easy and the above mentioned steps will guide through the entire VPN setup. On the other hand, OpenVPN protocol is slightly tricky to setup but not at all difficult (to learn how to setup OpenVPN on Android, click here).
Best VPN for Samsung Galaxy S4
Now that you know how to setup VPN on Samsung S4, here are some of the best VPN services you can choose from. Each of these VPN services is highly compatible on Samsung S4 as it works on Android OS. Selecting from anyone of them will provide complete online protection, anonymity, and accessibility to geo restricted content.
- $10.95$2.49Per Month
77% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 80,000+IPs & 750+ servers in 141+ countries
- 5 Multi Logins
- 15 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN & IKEv2 protocols
- $10.49$2.75Per Month
- Automatic Kill Switch
- Supports OpenVPN Protocol
- DNS and IP Leak Protection
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Strict No Logs Policy
- Friendly Support: Live Chat or Ticket
- Simultaneous login On 5 Devices
- Access To 1000+ Servers
- $11.95$2.75Per Month
77% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 3600+ servers in 60+ countries
- Offers 5 Tunneling Protocols
- 6 Simultaneous Connection
- Offers 2048 Bit Encryption
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Supports Netflix
- $10.95$2.55Per Month
- Free Trial
- Zero logging
- Only 48 servers in 30 countries
- 7-day Money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and speed
- AES-256 bit encryption keys
- Compatible with all Major Platforms
- User-friendly interface
- Live Chat
- $8.95$1.99Per Month
- 450+ Servers in 100+ Locations
- Optimized P2P/Torrenting Servers
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices Simultaneously
- 100% access to Kodi, Netflix, Hulu & more
- Kill Switch, IPv6 Leak Protection, Secure DNS
- 256-Bit Data Encryption on OpenVPN Protocol
Samsung S4 was the pinnacle of technological development when it was initially released. Following the way of its predecessors, the Samsung Galaxy S series still remains the flagship brand for the Samsung.
With new models in the market like Samsung S6, the Samsung S4 might not be as popular as it was before. But if you still own one and want protect your online privacy and safeguard your confidential data, then all you need is a VPN on Samsung S4.
We have listed some of the best VPN for Samsung above and they also provide apps for your Samsung S4 Smartphone. If you do not wish to use the app, then just follow our guide to setup VPN on your Samsung S4.