How to Setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy S4
When it comes to selecting a Smartphone with powerful features and impressive performance, Samsung’s Galaxy S series cannot be ignored. Competing with the likes of iPhone, HTC and Sony, Samsung S4 commanded an impressive share of the market when it was first released in 2013.
Compared to the some of the older versions of Samsung Galaxy S series, Samsung S4 was a worthy successor. Equipped with Quad-core processor, 2GB RAM and running Android OS, Samsung S4 was amongst the most powerful phones at the time.
However, the problem with all Smartphone’s is that they are susceptible to numerous cyber attacks. These threats are magnified when you connect to unsecure public Wi-Fi hotspots. There are hackers, spammers, snoopers, phishes, and other malicious goons looking to tab into your Samsung S4 and retrieve all your personal and confidential information. This is where you need a VPN on Samsung S4.
VPN Setup for Samsung S4
A VPN will encrypt all the traffic that passes through your Samsung S4, making it secure from any cyber attacks. A VPN will also make you anonymous over the web and allow you to access geo blocked web-content.
There are many VPN services you can choose from and majority of them have exclusive apps for Android. Unfortunately, these apps might crash at times or promote some unforeseen error. To overcome this issue you can setup VPN on Samsung S4 manually.
Don’t know how to setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy S4? Just follow these steps:
- Close all other apps and access ‘Settings’ on your Samsung S4.
- Now tab on ‘More…’ under Wireless & Networks.
- Tab on ‘VPN’ to configure the service manually.
- You will then see ‘Add VPN Profile’ or ‘+’ icon; tab on it to add a new VPN profile.
- A small window will pop up; enter the connection name, select the connection type (protocol you want to use) and the server address you want to connect. Once this information is entered, hit ‘Save’.
- Your new VPN profile is now setup; tab on it and enter the login credentials (username and password) you received or selected for the VPN service and hit ‘Connect’.
Configuring PPTP and L2TP/IPSec protocols is easy and the above mentioned steps will guide through the entire VPN setup. On the other hand, OpenVPN protocol is slightly tricky to setup but not at all difficult (to learn how to setup OpenVPN on Android, click here).
Best VPN for Samsung Galaxy S4
Now that you know how to setup VPN on Samsung S4, here are some of the best VPN services you can choose from. Each of these VPN services is highly compatible on Samsung S4 as it works on Android OS. Selecting from anyone of them will provide complete online protection, anonymity, and accessibility to geo restricted content.
- $10.95$2.95Per Month
73% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- 300,000 + IPs & 2000 + Servers
- Dedicated Streaming Servers Available
- Split Tunneling/DNS Leak Protection
- P2P/Torrenting, Port Forwarding, Static IPs
- L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN & IKEv2 protocols
- DDoS Protection and Internet Kill Switch
- $11.95$1.99Per Month
- AES 256-bit network traffic encryption
- OpenVPN and IKEv2 security protocols
- No logs policy
- 500+ servers in 50 countries
- 24/7 customer service
- Supports P2P/Torrenting
- $12.95$6.67Per Month
- iOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, Android Apps
- “Stealth VPN” Servers for Regressive Countries
- Excellent WebRTC and DNS Leak Protection
- Split Tunneling and Automatic Kill Switch
- 2,000+ Servers in 148 Countries Worldwide
- SmartDNS and Network Lock Features
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- $11.95$2.99Per Month
75% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- DoubleVPN and CyberSec for Cloaking Identity
- Automatic Kill Switch and DNS Leak Protection
- Onion over VPN and SmartDNS Features
- SOCKS5 Proxy for Torrenting Safely
- 4879+ Servers in 62 countries
- Multi-Logins on Six Devices
- Dedicated IP Addresses
- $12.99$2.75Per Month
- DNS and IP Leak Protection for Unblocking
- 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 7-day Trial
- 3000 Servers to Bypass Geo-Restrictions
- Secure Wi-Fi Feature for Security in Public
- Kill Switch and DNS/IP Leak Protection
- Mozilla and Chrome Browser Add-ons
- OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec and PPTP protocols
Samsung S4 was the pinnacle of technological development when it was initially released. Following the way of its predecessors, the Samsung Galaxy S series still remains the flagship brand for the Samsung.
With new models in the market like Samsung S6, the Samsung S4 might not be as popular as it was before. But if you still own one and want protect your online privacy and safeguard your confidential data, then all you need is a VPN on Samsung S4.
We have listed some of the best VPN for Samsung above and they also provide apps for your Samsung S4 Smartphone. If you do not wish to use the app, then just follow our guide to setup VPN on your Samsung S4.