Covenant Kodi Addon – Replacement for Exodus in 2018 | BestVPN.co
If you are an avid Kodi user, you probably know about the famed and celebrated Exodus add-on. It is one of the best extensions available for streaming movies, TV shows, and live channels. However, due to the major UK crackdown on blocking illegal streams, Exodus has come into the limelight of many governmental agencies. Subsequently, the add-on is no longer operational even if you are connecting to best vpn (seldom working in some locations), causing quite the uproar and panic among Kodi users.
Nevertheless, where there is bad news, there is also good news. In replace of the Exodus, there is a new add-on gaining fame, similar like a virus spreading across an entire facility of servers. Oh yes, we have had an alternative for the Exodus, and it goes by the name Covenant! News broke out about this new extension on T H E A L P H A’s Twitter Page and pretty soon it began making waves on the internet – as it picks up right where Exodus left off.
At the same time, it promises to improve upon its predecessor, while utilizing the same design and functionality. Best part of all: it is developer supported, all account integrations work, and the search engine is working perfectly. This means, hope is not lost and you can finally resume watching your favorite TV shows, movies, and live channels FREELY again! Below is a complete guide on how to install Covenant on Kodi V16 (Jarvis) and V17 (Krypton).
How to Install Covenant Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Above
There are two ways you can download and install the Covenant Add-on on Kodi V17. The direct zip download gets you the latest version of Covenant without any issues. However, it may not get you automatic updates. The colossal repository method follows the same traditional way of installing extensions. We will provide step-to-step instructions for both ways below. Hope this helps you out!
Direct Zip Download
This method involves installing Covenant directly through Github. Here is how you can get started with the process:
- Visit this web address and locate the most recent version of Covenant: https://github.com/Colossal1/repository.colossus/tree/master/plugin.video.covenant
- Select the latest updated version of the zip file and then hit the download button
- Open Kodi and double-click the add-ons tab to move on with the installation process
- Go to the Package symbol and select the “Install from zip” option
- Locate the Covenant zip file and click it to begin installation
How to Install Covenant Kodi Krypton Version 17
This method involves downloading and installing the Covenant directly from the Kodi application. Here is how you can get started with the process:
- Open the Kodi app and click on settings (the gear symbol).
- Go to the “File Manager” tab.
- Select the “Add Source” option, located on the bottom of the list.
- Double-click on “<None>” and enter the following URL: http://kdil.co/repo and name the media source “Kodi Israel”.
- Return to the home screen and select “Add-ons”.
- Click on the “Package” symbol at the top left corner of the page.
- Select the “Install from Zip File” option.
- Find the “Kodi Israel” media source.
- Click on “Kodil.zip” to install the repository.
- Go to the “Install from Repository” menu and select “www.kodisrael.co.il Repository”.
- Go to “Video Add-ons”.
- Scroll down and find the Covenant extension.
- Hit the install button.
How to Install Covenant Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Open the Kodi V16 application
- Click on “System” option and select “File Manager”
- Select the “Add Source” option, located at the bottom
- Double-click on the “None” option to enter URL
- Enter http://kdil.co/repo and click on OK
- Name the media source “Kodi Israel”
- Return to the Home Screen and click on “System”
- Click on “Add-ons” tab for continuing with the process
- Select the “Install from Zip File” option and double-click “Kodi Israel”
- Go to the “Kodil.zip” file and press the OK button
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Return to the home screen and select “Programs”
- Select Kodi Israel from the list and go to Video Add-ons
- Find and double click on Covenant add-on
- Press the Install option
How to Install Covenant Kodi Fire Stick
- Switch on the Firestick TV
- Go to the “Settings” menu
- Click on the “System” tab
- Select “Developer Options”
- Turn on “ADB Debugging” and “Apps from Unknown Sources”
- Go back to home menu and type “Kodi” in the search bar
- Open the Kodi application and repeat steps above for Kodi Krypton/Jarvis
- Enjoy watching your favorite movies/TV shows on Fire TV
Covenant Kodi Reddit
Similar to other hit add-ons like Exodus and Phoenix that no longer work anymore, Covenant boasts an active presence on Reddit. There is an official Covenant discussion thread, where you can find individuals from all over the world unite and help each other out with troubleshooting the add-on. You can also find useful hacks and tweaks for creating a more streamlined cinematic experience. If you have any questions about the add-on, you might want to try asking for help here.
Covenant vs. Exodus
As mentioned earlier, Covenant is a replacement for the Exodus extension. It is the successor of the add-on, which typically utilizes the same functionality and design. Since Exodus is no longer working, it is safe to say that Covenant definitely proves to be an excellent alternative. It has a working search engine, a large collection of movies/TV shows, and is easily available on a multitude of repos. These include Super, Kodi Israel, Colossus, and Smash repositories.
Covenant vs. Elysium
Most of the Kodi add-ons are not working, due to the recent crackdown against many famous developers. Among these, include the famous Elysium, which once held great reputation in the marketplace of third-party add-ons. However, there is nothing in comparison to Covenant add-on. It boasts a clean outlook and provides a stable stream for all movies and TV shows.
How to Unblock Covenant in Australia?
Many users from Australia are experiencing issues in installing and using Covenant Kodi add-on. In order to unblock the extension, consider using a VPN service. By masking your IP address and shifting to another location, you can gain access to the extension for watching your favorite TV shows/movies instantly. Some of the best VPN services include PureVPN, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and Ivacy!
Covenant Not Working – Error Troubleshooting
Many Kodi users have reported to experiencing issues while trying to download and install the Covenant add-on. This is primarily because of the large number of requests from individuals around the world trying to access the Colossal Repository. Since the Covenant Kodi add-on currently exists in only one location, you will have to wait for the temporary issue to get resolved itself.
Conversely, if you have finally succeeded on downloading the Colossal Repository, but are receiving an error message like “Add-on Installation Failed” – this is also due to massive server load. Do not give up on installing Covenant. Keep trying to download the add-on and you will succeed. We also experienced a little trouble in installing the add-on in one-go. It took several attempts to complete the process.
Covenant on Kodi – Failed to Install Dependency
There are many reasons why you must be seeing the “Failed to Install Dependency” error while installing Covenant or any other add-on for the matter. The first step to take is check the error logs in the “temp” folder on your Android devices. Look for signs that highlight the reason for seeing the error and that should point you where the problem exists.
If the above option does not work, check to see whether you also notice a “Failed to install URL Resolver” error. If you see this, it is a clear sign that you are using a broken Kodi repository. To solve the issue, consider deactivating all the repositories that do not work anymore. Sometimes working repos may try grabbing info from broken repos, resulting in failure of installation.
You can deactivate repositories by going to add-ons > My add-ons > Add-on Repositories > Select the one you want to remove > Disable. Another way to overcome the “Failed to Install Dependency” error is to direct install via zip file.
Stay Anonymous Kodi Lovers!
Before we let you guys off, a word of advice: do no forget to use a VPN when using Kodi. Many users have received copyright infringement notices for streaming TV shows, movies, and sports through various add-ons. If you want to keep your identity safe and protect your internet activity, it is time you considered using a VPN too. By masking your IP address and encrypting your traffic, you can feel assured to steer clear from local ISPs and governmental agencies, especially if you live in a country with strict internet laws.