ExpressVPN on Kodi in Canada – Easy Installation Guide [Updated Oct 2022]
Can I add a VPN to Kodi in Canada? Yes, you can add a VPN to Kodi in Canada. A VPN is a must-have for Kodi users to stream media from a vast range of sources. The problem begins when the official Kodi add-ons aren’t enough, and you use third-party add-ons to keep yourself entertained. Let’s look into our step-by-step installation guide on ExpressVPN on Kodi in Canada.
If budget isn’t a concern, then go for a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN because using third-party add-ons isn’t legal and safe to use without a secure VPN connection. By using ExpressVPN on Kodi, you sign up for instant access to region-locked content across the globe in Canada.
With over 3000+ servers in 94+ countries and 4 server locations in Canada, AES-256 bit encryption and zero activity logs, ExpressVPN remains the safest to use with Kodi. Questioning… should I use Kodi? Yes, there’s no harm in using Kodi as it is a popular, open-source platform with its app on the Microsoft and Google Play Store.
Learn everything about the Kodi ExpressVPN combination below!
How to Install ExpressVPN on Kodi in Canada [Quick Guide]
Follow these quick steps to install ExpressVPN on Kodi in Canada:
- Subscribe to a Kodi-friendly VPN (Recommended: ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Sign in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server location.
- You can use ExpressVPN on Kodi now!
You can also install NordVPN on Kodi in Canada by following our other guide on How to install NordVPN on Kodi.
Why Do I Need ExpressVPN for Kodi in Canada?
You need ExpressVPN for Kodi as it creates an encrypted tunnel between the internet and your Kodi device in Canada. This keeps your internet traffic hidden from the ISP; they cannot log, trace, or sell your streaming or download activity.
ExpressVPN has an audited no-logs policy which ensures that you can use it on Kodi with maximum privacy.
In addition, ExpressVPN protects you from malicious advertisers or developers trying to use your sensitive data for their own benefit. If you use third-party Kodi add-ons, then it becomes even more important to get ExpressVPN to encrypt your data.
How to Setup ExpressVPN on Kodi for Windows in Canada
You can set up ExpressVPN on Windows in Canada through two different installation methods.
- Setting up ExpressVPN on Kodi through the VPN App
- Installing ExpressVPN on Kodi via OpenVPN Manager Add-on
Method 1: Set Up ExpressVPN on Kodi through the VPN App
Here’s how to set up ExpressVPN on Kodi directly through the app in Canada:
- Get an ExpressVPN subscription by visiting the official website.
- Download and install the VPN app for Windows.
- Click in the VPN app.
- Connect to a server location of your choice.
- Check your IP address to see if you’ve successfully connected.
- Once done, open and use Kodi on your Windows device.
You can only stream restricted content on Kodi when you’re actively connected to ExpressVPN in the background. If connecting every time seems a hassle, set up ExpressVPN on your router and forget about enabling ExpressVPN before using Kodi.
Method 2: Set Up ExpressVPN on Kodi via OpenVPN Manager Add-On
How do I Install VPN Manager on Kodi? You can set up ExpressVPN on Kodi by installing the OpenVPN Manager add-on from the Zomboided Repository, but this method has extra configuration steps.
Follow these steps for installing ExpressVPN on Kodi via a VPN Manager in Canada:
- Get the Zomboided Repository zip files on Windows.
- Go to the Kodi app and click Settings.
- Select System.
- From the left panel, click Add-ons.
- Toggle Unknown Sources to enable.
- Select Yes to the warning.
- Head back to Settings and click Add-ons.
- Choose Install from zip file.
- Find the downloaded Zomboided Repository zip and select it.
- Once it is installed, select Install from repository.
- Click Zomboided Add-on Repository.
- Select Services and then click VPN Manager for OpenVPN.
- Hit Install.
- After the installation, select Settings on the appeared pop-up.
- Put ExpressVPN as the VPN provider, enter your username and password in the fields, then click OK.
- On the same Settings page, select VPN Connections > First VPN Connection.
- Select a server location and stream region-locked content on Kodi.
How to Set Up Kodi with ExpressVPN on iOS in Canada?
Here’s how to set up and use Kodi with ExpressVPN on an iOS device in Canada:
- From the App Store, download the ExpressVPN app.
- Launch the VPN app on your iOS device and tap in the app.
- Connect to a server location.
- Check your IP address to confirm that the VPN is working properly.
- Now, open the Kodi app and stay protected with ExpressVPN.
How to Set Up Kodi with ExpressVPN on Android?
How to install ExpressVPN on Kodi Android? Setting up Kodi with ExpressVPN on Android is a straightforward process. The following steps also work for an Android TV box if it is compatible with ExpressVPN.
To set up and put ExpressVPN on Kodi for Android, you can follow these steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Launch the VPN app on your Android device.
- Select in the VPN app.
- Choose your preferred server location.
- Check your IP address to see if it matches the server location.
- Go to the Kodi app and stream your favorite content without any restrictions.
How to Set Up Kodi with ExpressVPN on Chromebook?
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on setting up Kodi with ExpressVPN on Chromebook:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN by heading to the official website.
- Now, download and install the ExpressVPN app for Chromebook.
- Launch the app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server location.
- Next, open Kodi on your Chromebook.
What are the Benefits of ExpressVPN on Kodi?
To effortlessly use the Kodi add-ons, it is advisable to benefit from a premium VPN provider like ExpressVPN that will encrypt your data and keep your activities anonymous over the internet.
The Kodi development team is against piracy and only offers absolutely legal add-ons in their repository. However, there are some users who prefer installing the Kodi add-ons from third-party developers and streaming music videos, TV series, and movies for free. Using these Kodi add-ons in most countries is illegal as it usually allows free access to copyrighted content.
Your activities remain visible to your Internet Service Provider (ISP); hence you can either be kicked out of the network or face legal consequences. Using ExpressVPN for Kodi keeps your online activities hidden – even from your ISP. Hence, keeping you secure while using the Kodi add-ons.
Considering these benefits, we highly recommend using ExpressVPN to stream content on Kodi. If you want to know more about ExpressVPN, read our in-depth ExpressVPN review.
How Does ExpressVPN Provide Security on Kodi in Canada?
ExpressVPN ensures security on Kodi in Canada by encrypting your internet traffic through a tunnel and keeping your online activities hidden from prying eyes – even your ISP. Cyber threats are extremely common on the internet today, and they exist in the form of viruses and curious agencies snooping on your online activities.
Legal constraints are associated with apps like Kodi, so keeping yourself anonymous is extremely important. When you connect to ExpressVPN, your actual IP address is replaced with a temporary IP address as your traffic gets routed through a proxy server. It appears as if your internet traffic is coming from a shared proxy server – keeping your online activities untraceable.
ExpressVPN is backed with government-grade 256-bit AES encryption and other advanced features like the Network Lock kill switch. AES 256-bit encryption is nearly impossible to break with the current technology, while the automatic kill switch ensures that you stay safe when the VPN connection is interrupted.
Why is my VPN not Working with Kodi in Canada?
Is your Kodi VPN not working in Canada? Fortunately, we’ve covered a few fixes to improve your overall streaming experience on Kodi:
1. Check your Internet Connection
You must check your internet connection first whenever your VPN is not working with Kodi. Try rebooting your Wi-Fi, modem, or router, which should restore your VPN connection. Check whether you have an internet connection when the VPN is disabled. If yes, then shut down your PC and turn it on to fix the issue.
2. Check the Date and Time of your Device
A VPN often fails to work properly when the device’s data and time are set incorrectly.
- Check your date and time settings.
- In Date & time, disable the automatic update and set it to manually.
- Ensure that you have selected the correct region.
3. Switch the VPN Server or Protocol
A congested VPN server often leads to experiencing several issues on Kodi, so you can try the following fixes in Canada:
- Try connecting to a different server location.
- Switch the VPN protocol.
4. Temporarily Disable the Firewall
Sometimes, firewalls and antivirus suites block VPNs. It is advisable to check your firewall settings and see if your VPN can access the internet. Try to recheck by temporarily disabling your firewall and see if it fixes the VPN connection issue.
- Try to uninstall the antivirus program, then reinstall your VPN and antivirus program again.
- For Windows firewall, go to Start > type Allow a program through Windows firewall > Enter > Change Settings > Allow another program > look for your VPN > Select and click OK. Now check if your VPN works.
5. Reinstall your VPN
Try doing a clean reinstall of your VPN. Most VPNs have a built-in uninstall option. If your VPN doesn’t have it, then use the Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the VPN and erase all the settings that may have remained on the device. A clean reinstall of your VPN should fix your issue.
6. Contact the Customer Support
If all else fails to work and even a clean reinstall doesn’t get the job done, then try contacting customer support directly. When you contact the customer support of ExpressVPN, you get technical support to fix your problem.
Does ExpressVPN work for Kodi in Canada?
Yes, ExpressVPN works perfectly well for Kodi in Canada. It ensures maximum privacy by setting up an encrypted tunnel between the internet and your Kodi device and doesn’t log user information.
Is ExpressVPN good for Kodi in Canada?
Yes, ExpressVPN is great for Kodi in Canada as you can bypass location-detection bots and stream without restrictions. ExpressVPN offers government-grade encryption policies and 3000+ servers in 94+ countries and 4 server locations in Canada ensuring a buffer-free streaming experience.
How do I use ExpressVPN on Kodi FireStick in Canada?
To set up and use an ExpressVPN on Kodi Firestick in Canada, follow these steps:
- Subscribe to a Firestick VPN (Recommended: ExpressVPN).
- From the Amazon App Store, download the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the VPN and log in using your details.
- Connect to your preferred server location.
- Leave the app running in the background and start using Kodi.
Learn more about the best VPNs for Fire Stick to make a more informed decision.
How do I Install VPN on Kodi Raspberry Pi in Canada?
To install VPN on Kodi Raspberry Pi in Canada: Navigate to “Kodi Settings” on Isengard or OpenELEC Krypton, hit the “File Manager” option, click “Add Source” and then “None“, mention Kodi VPN add-on’s “URL“, then click “Done“. Hit “Name Add-On“, press “Done“, and then “Ok“. Go back to the home screen of Kodi, and click “Add-Ons“, then “Add-On Browser” and “Install it from your zip file“. As the installation process finishes, hit the “Program Add-Ons“, then “VPN“, navigate to “Add-On Settings“, then “Sign in” and get it connected to VPN.
How do I change my IP address on Kodi in Canada?
Follow these simple steps to change your IP address to stream safely on Kodi in Canada:
- Get an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Open the VPN app, sign in and connect to a server location.
- Check your IP address to see if you’re properly connected to the chosen location.
Note: If you connected to a server in Canada, you will see a Canadian IP address.
The ExpressVPN Kodi combination is definitely worth your while, all thanks to the ultra-fast connection speeds and advanced security features offered by ExpressVPN. Just check out how well the provider performed in our rigorous speed test!
Installing ExpressVPN on Kodi in Canada is essential to stay secure and stream anonymously. Moreover, ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee to try out the service before making a longer commitment.
This guide answered a lot of questions about downloading and setting up ExpressVPN for Kodi on different platforms. With this being said, we hope you’re no longer doubting using ExpressVPN and Kodi together.