With NordVPN becoming a top choice for most users who want to receive online privacy, it is usually the first option when it comes to unblocking services, engaging in NordVPN torrenting, and streaming pirated content online. This is especially true for users in the UK, who want to experience the internet with no censorship or tracking, keeping their identity safe from hackers. Are you trying to figure out whether using NordVPN UK is a good option? Continue reading this guide for region-specific info. To get a complete overview of the provider, check out this NordVPN Review!
NordVPN UK Review
Internet censorship has become an increasing problem in the UK with the Government imposing a variety of laws that criminalize the publication or possession of certain types of material. These include cases of child pornography, inciting of terrorist activities, breaking the copyright laws, or the English defamation law. As such, the government makes it mandatory to perform surveillance on its citizens.
This means everything you do online is recorded/logged and checked regularly by Government Agencies and Copyright Infringement hunters. Only using a service like NordVPN can offer complete protection from the prying eyes of information-gathering corporations, along with your local ISPs. The provider offers over 545 UK servers in the country, out of its huge listing of 5150+ servers in 62 countries.
Not only does this help users stay anonymous, when using services in the UK, but it also helps those located outside the country to unblock region-specific services, like Amazon Instant Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, TVCatchup, Channel 4oD, All4, Channel5, Now TV, STV Player, UKTV Play, Sky Go, BT Sports, Premier Play, Sky Sports, TuneIn, Absolute Radio, and Eurosport Player.
The best part of all: the provider offers a recommended server page for users in the UK too. Upon scrolling down the link, you will notice an “Adjust Server Preferences” menu. Simply select the United Kingdom and then choose the server type. You will have two options: DoubleVPN, Standard VPN, Dedicated IP, Obfuscated, and P2P. The third menu allows for configuring the VPN protocols. Choices include OpenVPN UDP, OpenVPN TCP, IKEv2/IPSec, HTTP Proxy (SSL), HTTP CyberSec Proxy (SSL), PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec.
Reasons to Use NordVPN in the UK
In addition to avoiding government surveillance in the UK, there are plenty of other reasons to use NordVPN. It is the perfect solution for leveraging entertainment from anywhere in the world, minus the hassle of content restrictions. At the same time, it keeps you away from legal hassles of indulging in activities that may go against the internet policies of the UK. Other reasons for using NordVPN in the UK include:
- Bypass Internet Censorship – If you are located outside the UK, but need to watch a specific TV show/movie/ sports event from the country, you will have to face geographical restrictions. These block you from accessing the website or specific content. By using NordVPN and connecting to a UK server, you can easily bypass internet censorship and geographical restrictions.
- Stay Secure Wherever You Go – Everywhere you go in the UK, you can always find good bars, restaurants, and coffee shops to chill at, while doing your work or simply browsing through Facebook. While there is no harm in using a public Wi-Fi, you do put yourself at risk of phishing, identity theft, cyberstalking and other threats. VPNs keep your identity hidden and IP cloaked at all times.
- Secure Multiple Devices – NordVPN offers its users the ability to use one subscription on five different devices to keep your identity anonymous wherever you go. The provider even offers customized Flash Routers that have their own NordVPN app. You can get them to establish a strong VPN connection throughout your household. Servers can be changed from the router menu.
- Securely Share Large Files – Most people are not aware that VPNs actually stand for Virtual Private Networks. This means you can actually use them to create a dedicated network that is only available to you or an approved list of individuals. This allows for easy sharing/transferring of information in a manner that keeps all data private and secure at all times.
NordVPN UK Price
NordVPN users only have to pay $11.95 per month, which is considered quite expensive. However, you can always go for plans with better value. For instance, you have the ability to go for the 6-month plan, which gives you a reasonable 24% discount, lowering the per month costs to $9 (billed $54 biannually). For the best value, you can even opt for the 1-year plan that gives a massive 41% discount.
NordVPN even offers coupon codes, which allow prospects to leverage even better deals when signing up with the provider.
This lowers the costs to $2.99/mo. which totals to $107.6 every 36-months! In short, you gain access to one of the cheapest vpn rates in the marketplace from a renowned service, based in Panama (one of the safest locations in the world) for 2-good-whole-years. All you got to do is enter “2ysecurity” when signing up or simply click on the “Redeem Coupon” button in red.
NordVPN UK Servers
As mentioned earlier, NordVPN offers a huge database of 530 servers in the UK. These numbers are comparable to the entire VPN Networks of some providers like Surfshark, VyprVPN, and Ivacy. As such, you do not have to worry about server load issues. In fact, you can even purchase a dedicated IP from NordVPN, if you want to remain completely anonymous for unblocking VoD services. As far as security is concerned, there were no public or WebRTC leaks found in the test from Browser Leaks.
We also conducted a DNS Leak Test from Perfect Privacy to check if there is any possibility of your information being accessible or reachable to local ISPs. As you can see from the results below, there is no indication to our official US location of Charlotte, North Carolina. The DNS test showed that we were connected to a single IP from M247 LTD London Infrastructure!
For users who are still unsure about using NordVPN in the UK, we aim to shred all your doubts with a complete privacy analysis from IPLeak.net. As you can see below, we connected to a server in the UK and upon conducting the test, the VPN was successful in hiding our true US location. The public IP is that from UK, along with the IPv4 and DNS address too, which indicate we are connected to a single server in UK.
NordVPN UK Free Trial
NordVPN ranks among the few in the marketplace offering both: a money back guarantee and free trial. The former lasts for 30 days and the latter for 7-days, during which you will gain access to the complete features of NordVPN, which include access to native apps for all devices/platforms, 5150 servers in 62+ countries, with other tools like DoubleVPN, DNS Leak Protection, Split Tunneling, Kill Switch and more.
NordVPN UK Netflix
- Subscribe to a suitable plan based on your budgetary needs and privacy requirements.
- Download the relevant NordVPN Netflix application for your device/platform to get started.
- Install the software and enter the username and password for your NordVPN account.
- Launch the NordVPN app and connect to a server in the UK for accessing Netflix.
- Select the Dedicated IP option if you have purchased a static for Netflix UK.
- Enjoy streaming a huge listing of 442 TV show and 1586 movie titles!
NordVPN UK FAQs
When it comes to using NordVPN in the UK or configuring the provider for the country, users may come across a multitude of questions. Below we highlight some of the common ones we get asked:
How Do I Unsubscribe from NordVPN?
Log into your account by entering your username and password on the NordVPN website. Click on the “My Account” tab and then on the “Payments” option. Hit the “Cancel Subscription” button (at the bottom of the list). Once done, select a reason for the cancellation, and then click on the “continue” button. Lastly, to verify your recurring subscription cancellation, click on the yellow button!
What Port Does NordVPN Use?
The port NordVPN selects for server connection depends on the type of protocol you choose. For instance, if you opt for OpenVPN, you can use both: TCP and UDP ports. They support stronger encryption ciphers and algorithms, giving users 24/7 protection via AES-256-CBC with a 2048-bit DH key. If you want to torrent, check out the SOCKS5 Proxy guide for information on recommended ports, for faster speeds.
Wrapping Things Up
Ultimately, we faced no troubles whatsoever in using the NordVPN UK servers for unblocking VoD services or even engaging in P2P/Torrenting. Even when performing leak tests, there were no indications to our true US location. Our representatives in the UK, also gave us good reviews for the service in the country, saying they were able to unblock foreign services like American Netflix using NordVPN easily!