Samsung S10 VPN – Gear up the S10e and S10+ Phone with a VPN
Samsung, the world largest smartphone manufacturer according to market share, just send the whole tech world into a frenzy by launching the highly anticipated S10 smartphone along with the Uber innovative Galaxy Fold, the world’s first foldable smartphone.
But, even the best of phones need security, especially when you go online, so you need to know your options for the best VPNs for your new S10. The best VPN for Androids can offer you premium security to use your S10 without worrying for your private and sensitive data online.
Here is our guide on Samsung S10 VPN setup and installation to allow you to get up and running with maximum security protection as soon as you get your hands on these new exclusive phones from Samsung!
Samsung S10, S10e, and S10+ Release Date
Dazzling the world with the most exciting features including on-screen fingerprint unlocking and a notch less front camera, the S10 series is surely going to drum up sales and interest in an otherwise drub past few years for the smartphone market.
The biggest draws in this year’s exclusive phone series by Samsung have got to be the Galaxy fold, which is the world’s first foldable smartphone and the Samsung S10 5G.
With such phones, Samsung is going to surely stay ahead of the market for at least the next two years as Apple won’t be able to either produce a commercially viable foldable phone or a 5G phone until at least Q4 2020.
Chinese smartphone manufacturers are also currently way behind on the technological curve as well and according to current estimates by industry experts, won’t be able to feature such phones until 2021 at least.
The only problematic part about these phones is their steep price tags like the Galaxy Fold will be available for $1980 (varying by carrier and location) when it goes out for sale finally.
Samsung does have the lower priced model in the line-up as well, the S10e, available at $749, but it will be a stripped of the version of main phones in the series, lacking premium features such as the on-screen fingerprint reader etc.
Here are the release dates of each phone of Samsung’s new S10 Series along with their prices:
|Model Name||Release Date||Price ($)|
|Galaxy S10||8th Match||849|
|Galaxy S10+||8th Match||999|
|Galaxy S10 5G||Q2 2019||Not Known Yet|
|Galaxy Fold||April 2019||1980|
*Prices may vary depending on carrier and by location
Best VPN for the Samsung S10 Series
Google Play store has VPN apps dime a dozen but a majority of them are nothing more than honey traps, trying to lure users in and rip them off of their sensitive data through various means like tracking codes, planting malware etc.
You don’t really want to put such an exclusive phone at risk just for the sake of saving a few dollars by signing up with a free or a cheaply priced VPN service.
Out of the whole lot, I’ve picked these 5 top providers, all of which offer dedicated Android apps that will work perfectly on Android Pie, the OS used on S10 Phones.
- Headquartered in BVI (Safe Location)
- 3,000+ Servers in over 90 Countries
- Powerful AES 256-GCM Encryption
- Unblocks Netflix/Supports Torrenting
- Audited No Logs (PWC and Cure53)
- Apps for Windows, Mac, iOS & Android
- Headquartered in BVI (Safe Location)
- 3,200+ Servers in 65 Countries
- AES-256-CBC/GCM Encryption
- Unblocks Netflix in 16+ Libraries
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- Headquartered in Panama (Safe Location)
- 5,083+ servers in 59 countries
- 6 simultaneous Connections
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Great P2p/torrenting performance
- Double VPN and Onion over VPN
- Based in British Virgin Islands (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 6,500+ Servers in 180+ Countries
- Military-Grade AES 256-Bit Encryption
- Split Tunneling and Dedicated IPs
- DDoS Protection and Internet Kill Switch
- Endorsed by Forbes/5-Stars on TrustPilot
- 5,900+ Servers in 89 Countries
- 45-Day Refund Guarantee and 7-day Trial
- Secure Wi-Fi Feature for Public Security
- Kill Switch and DNS/IP Leak Protection
- Mozilla and Chrome Browser Add-Ons
- Unblocks All Websites Seamlessly
Why Does the S10 Series Require a VPN?
Users believe that the more technologically advanced phone is, the higher its security will be.
The perception is wrong here. No matter how advanced a device or a phone is, it’s still vulnerable if its goes online without protection. Countless types of threats are always there on the web trying to get in to your phone in one way or other. Wi-Fi Honeytraps, hacking attempts and other types of threats can easily get you and lay hands on your data irrespective of whether you have a phone from the S10 series or from the S5 series.
VPNs encrypt your connection and offer maximum security for your internet connection that cannot be acquired from elsewhere, hence, irrespective of the device you have, not having a VPN on it and using the internet is like locking all cupboards in your house when you are leaving but not the main door.
How To Setup Samsung S10, S10e, S10+ VPN
The best part about the S10 series by Samsung is that it runs on the Android operating platform, which will allow its users to easily download and use hundreds of thousands of apps from Google Play, the world’s biggest app store.
VPN apps are no different as every major VPN provider has its own dedicated VPN Android app available on the Google Play store or the provider’s website itself.
If you want to download and use any Best VPN on any phone from the S10 series, then here’s how you can do this in under a two minutes (under one minute if you get your hands on the 5G device!)
I am using ExpressVPN here as a guide to explain this installation process more easily:
- Go to the provider’s website like ExpressVPN.com and choose any pricing plan
- Pay for the pricing plan and obtain user credentials
- You can also buy the subscription of the VPN through its official app page on Google Play if you have a Google Play payment account. But bear in mind that on a lot of providers, you are not liable for a refund if you pay through the Google Play payment option.
- Once you’ve obtained your VPN username and password, go to Google Play store and search for your provider’s client app by typing its name in the search bar like “ExpressVPN” or “NordVPN”
- Tap on download and the client will now be automatically setup on your S10 Mobile
- Once the installation process ends, simply tap on “Open” and enter VPN user credentials when prompted
- Select any location you wish to connect to and tap on it. This will initiate the connection process
- Once the connection is initiated, you can now browse freely without fearing for your privacy online
- On top of this, you can also bypass geo-restrictions on popular streaming sites like Netflix US and BBC iPlayer with a Best VPN, allowing you to put that ginormous screen on the Galaxy Fold device to good use!
How To Setup Samsung S10, S10e, S10+ VPN Manually
While getting the dedicated Android app on your S10 smartphone is the most convenient way to use a VPN on your device, you can still use the Fastest VPN without installing the app and that is through setting it up manually.
Know the full process on how to set up the VPN manually on your S10 Device:
Note: The S10’s interface might differ and so can the options mentioned below. In such a case, you can always contact the live chat support of your provider (if it offers one) to guide you through the manual installation process.
- On your phone, go to “Settings” > “Wireless & Networks” > “More”.
- Tap on “VPN” and a new sub menu will appear. Tap on the “+” sign present in the top right of the screen.
- Now you will encounter a sub menu asking you to enter the following details.
- Type: L2TP/IPSec.
- Server address: (Type in the manual server address from your provider’s server list).
- L2TP Secret: Leave this area blank.
- IPSec identifier: Leave this area blank.
- IPSec pre-shared key: (You will need to get this from your provider).
- DNS search domains: Leave this area blank.
- DNS servers (e.g.126.96.36.199): Leave this area blank.
- Now tap on “Save”.
- To connect, just go back a screen and tap on your VPN provider’s account that you just setup.
- You will be required to enter your VPN user credentials (You can only get them if you’ve already subscribed to the provider by buying its pricing plans).
- Tap on “Connect” to initiate the connection.
- You are now able to browse under a secure connection on your S10 device.
The S10 series including the Galaxy Fold device is surely going to be highly popular when they release, and as goes the norm, the more popular the device, the more data shared through it, the more its likely to be targeted.
This makes it imperative for users to take up their security even more seriously on their new S10 devices and one important facet of it is to browse the internet on it under a VPN cover.
I wont ever put my $2000 phone and even more valuable data at risk, just because I was lazy enough to not install a VPN on my phone when I could’ve and its high time that you start taking your privacy much more seriously, especially if you are readying yourself for getting your new phone from the uber-cool S10 series.