5 Best VPNs for School | Unblock School Wi-Fi in 2020
In this highly progressive world, one cannot imagine living life and socializing without the internet. Even with those friends, whom you chill with at a certain party or get-together, communication eventually requires the use of social networks and messengers.
And, this is exactly why the youngsters of today love and cherish technology, as, without it, there is no way to watch films, listen to music, or play games during breaks.
Educational institutes have imposed a restriction on using the Wi-Fi for said purposes, but you can always use the Best VPN for School to gain complete digital freedom.
Quick Overview: Best VPNs for School That Works in 2020
- Surfshark: Quick and Reliable School VPN. Seamless performance on all servers. Unlimited simultaneous connections. 2-Year Plan costs $2.49/mo
- PureVPN: Cheap VPN To Unblock School Wi-Fi. “Personalized user interface Multiple connections on 10 devices. 5-Year Plan costs $3.33/mo
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for School Wi-Fi. Interactive applications. Simultaneous connections on 6 devices. 2-Year Plan costs $3.71/mo
- ExpressVPN: Fastest VPN for Unlocking School Network. High-speed servers for digital sites. Simultaneous connections on 5 devices. 1-Year Plan costs $6.67/mo
- CyberGhost: Seamless Streaming on Video Sites. Dedicated IPs for Media libraries. Simultaneous connections on 7 devices. 3-Year Plan costs $2.75/mo
Why Do You Need a VPN for School?
There is no doubt that draconian restrictions can end up doing more bad than good. So rather than schools working on blocking information, they should foster and provide free access to students.
However, since that will take some time, you can only rely on VPNs to give you complete online freedom. Here is how VPNs prove useful in schools:
- Private Browsing – A VPN keeps your browsing anonymous and away from prying eyes, hence guaranteeing that nobody can monitor your online activity.
- Improved Security – Educational institute’s Wi-Fi will probably be password protected but it is still not completely secure. In fact, malicious outsiders can launch a honeypot attack, which results in all data lost, hence use VPN to secure data.
- Unblock Sites – Sadly, social media platforms, video streaming websites, and gaming apps are all blocked by many schools. While the reasons for the ban are understandable, but students can access it with the help of a VPN.
5 Best VPNs To Access Restricted Content in School
We’ve tested several VPNs to access the restricted content in school and found the 05 trusted providers that you can rely on for a seamless service. Let’ read further to know each VPN specification and what makes them the best.
When it comes to finding the best VPNs for schools, it is imperative that you perform your due diligence. After all, you would not want the school admin to come knocking into your class and tell you that you have been using the internet for unauthorized purposes.
So, the only way to be secure is to find the best VPNs for Schools that offer amazing reliability, support, performance, and server availability. Among the top reviewed and analyzed by BestVPN.co, include
1. Surfshark – Quick and Reliable School VPN
Surfshark is undoubtedly the best VPN for school because of its unlimited device connections and unblocking features. It allows you to leverage from its 1700+ servers in almost 63 countries.
That offers a privacy-focused product for complete anonymity when using your local school network. Distributed around the world, which you can use for unblocking Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. It is also ranked for the best VPN for streaming.
- CleanWeb & Whitelister
- Strict No-logs Policy
- Superb Speeds for Torrenting/Gaming/Streaming.
- No free-trial option
To learn more about the provider, read this 2020 review of Surfshark!
2. PureVPN – Cheap VPN To Unblock School Wi-Fi
Based in Hong Kong, PureVPN is an excellent provider for bypassing content restrictions on Netflix and Hulu while sitting at your school. Marked the best VPN for the USA, it comes with major features that a VPN must-have.
The premium plan offers a huge list of advanced features for maximum security, which include Automatic Kill Switch, NAT Firewall, WebRTC/IPv6/IPv4 Leak Prevention, Split Tunneling, and SOCKS5 proxy. You even gain access to 3,200+ servers in 140+ countries.
- 3,200+ servers in 140+ countries.
- 10 Simultaneous Connections.
- Multi-Platform Support.
- Advanced Port Forwarding.
- Some Session Logging.
To learn more about the provider, read this 2020 PureVPN Review.
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN for School Wi-Fi
NordVPN is a Panamanian-based provider, which means it is completely safe from the mandatory data retention laws of the 14 Eyes Alliance and other countries with strict internet laws.
Using it means you to leverage complete anonymity when in school. Features like DNS Leak Protection, Automatic Kill switch, and Dynamic IPs, further unblock Netflix and Hulu. The best part of all: the VPN keeps ZERO LOGS!
- DoubleVPN for Maximum Protection.
- 5100 Servers in 59 Countries.
- P2P/Torrenting Enabled.
- DDoS Protection.
- Zero Logs Provider.
- Expensive Monthly Pricing.
To learn more about the provider, read this 2020 NordVPN Review.
4. ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN for Unlocking School Network
ExpressVPN is a British Virgin Islands-provider, which has developed a huge reputation in the marketplace, for being incredibly anonymity-focused. It is a strict No Logs provider and this has been proved during the Turkish Authorities case.
- 3000+ Servers in 160 Location.
- 256-Bit AES Encryption.
- Intuitive Native Apps.
- 30-Day Refund Policy.
- Certified logless Provider.
- Expensive Pricing.
To learn more about the provider, read this 2020 ExpressVPN Review.
5. CyberGhost – Seamless Streaming on Video Sites
CyberGhost is a Romanian-based provider of VPN services, which is famed for its easy-to-use cross-platform apps, attractive website design, strong OpenVPN encryption, and huge server database.
It offers great security for keeping your identity secure in school while bypassing geo-restrictions and content limitations on Netflix. The best part of all: you have a 7-day free trial and a 30-day refund available.
- 6200+ Servers Worldwide.
- Zero Logging Policy.
- 7 Simultaneous Connections.
- Improvement in Speeds.
To learn more about the provider, read this 2020 CyberGhost Review.
What Free VPN Works in School?
Many school/college/university students may not have enough finances to spend on a VPN provider, especially considering that most have an expensive monthly plan with value only being available if you opt for their yearly-above packages.
This is where FREE VPNs come in. Though you may not receive the same value, you do get quite a lot without paying a single penny. Among the best options, include:
1. Windscribe – 10 GB Bandwidth Limitation
Based in Canada, Windscribe is a reliable FREE VPN service, which offers you good features for unblocking sites and leveraging security when connecting to the local school Wi-Fi. It offers a 10GB bandwidth limit per month as standard while giving you the ability to switch between eight different server locations.
To start using the VPN, you need to make an account. Once you do, Tweeting about the VPN gives you an extra 5GB, and 1GB every time you invite a friend to sign up.
- 10GB Bandwidth Limit.
- Responsive Customer Support.
- Fast Speeds via IKEv2 Encryption.
- No Live Chat.
2. ProtonVPN – No Bandwidth Limitation
ProtonVPN is another great option for freebies. It offers cross-platform compatibility, along with a Google Chrome extension for quick unblocking too.
You have a 1226 Gbps capacity, which is good enough for simply checking out blocked websites. There are even built-in strong protocols and ad-blocker for giving you extra security and privacy online.
- Automatic Kill Switch.
- No DNS Leaks Detected.
- Multi-Platform Support
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Slow Customer Support.
3. Hide.me – Strict Zero Logs Policy
Hide.me offers both paid and free services, just like the names mentioned above. The only difference is that it gives you 2GB of data per month to play with.
Other features you receive with the FREE plan include three server locations (Netherlands, Canada, and Singapore), connect to one device, apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and even Google Chrome.
- 35 Servers in 28 Countries.
- Automatic Wi-Fi Protection.
- Zero Logs Provider.
- Poor Speed
How to Unblock Websites at Schools?
- Subscribe to Surfshark from their “Official Website“.
- Download and Install the relevant app on your device.
- Find a server you want to connect to.
- Select the VPN protocol for connection.
- Enable “Automatic Kill Switch”.
- Hit the “Connect” button and enjoy unblocking websites!
Best VPN for School: FAQs
How do I get a VPN on my School Computer?
You can get a VPN on your school computer by subscribing to your chosen VPN server and installing it on your computer. Once you install and select the preferred server, you’ll be good to unblock sites using your school internet.
Will my School know if I use a VPN?
Yes, the school management can see when you are accessing a VPN, but they cannot check the sites you are using through a VPN. Even you’ll find that some schools have deliberately blocked the VPNs to be accessed on school premises.
Can School Wi-Fi see my browser history?
Yes, the school administrator can see what you are accessing when using the school wi-fi. Even the track-record of your browsing history is accessible to the management.
What VPN to Use at School?
Wrapping Things Up
We hope this guide helps you find the Best VPNs for Schools that allow you to unblock websites, social media, and gaming easily. Regardless, if you come across any issues, or have any recommendations to offer, please feel free to drop a comment below.
Also, do not hesitate on sharing the guide with your school buddies, who are fed up with dealing with these irritating restrictions! The above-shared school VPNs are well-recognized to remove content restrictions while allowing you to utilize digital media.