Best VPN for Samsung – Gain Maximum Security on All Devices!
When it comes to leveraging remarkable functionality and ease-of-use, Samsung always manages to set the bar high. With advanced features, excellent intuitiveness, and a battery life that far exceeds your expectations, all smartphones from the brand are the top choice for many beginners and tech-savvy users. However, since they come equipped with the Android OS, there are certain vulnerabilities concerning your security and privacy. This is where BestVPN.co comes in, providing users with a thorough analysis on the Best VPN for Samsung for keeping your digital identity anonymous and personal data secure!
How Does Data Leak from Your Samsung Smartphone and Why You Need VPN?
If you are using a Samsung or any other smartphone that comes equipped with the Android OS, there are two avenues, through which data leaks can happen. The first is from Google Services, a framework of functionalities that serves as the foundation for many apps and how they operate. There could be a chance a third-party application asking for map-related data, and Google giving it permission. Though this may not seem like a big problem, the app could have malware that sends your location data to cyber-criminals.
Now, the second avenue is actually a no-brainer: it involves your internet browsing activities. Since the Google Chrome browser is the most frequently used app on smartphone devices, it has all details about your banking, online shopping habits, web searches, and interests, while also storing all login passwords you need for accessing these services. Therefore, all your crucial data is available in a SINGLE location, and this poses risks of it being extracted by cyber-criminals.
This is where using the Best VPN for Samsung comes in, which not only encrypts your internet connection, but also adds double-layer of security via advanced features like Automatic Kill Switch, NAT Firewall, Ad/Tracker Blockers, which prevent any leak from occurring by getting rid of any suspicious attempts to access your data. At the same time, VPNs prove to be handy tools, when it comes to unblocking geo-restricted websites/apps – as you have the ability of switching servers – hence cloaking your online identity.
What is “Secure Wi-Fi” VPN in Samsung Smartphones?
The “Secure WiFi” VPN service is the result of a collaboration between Samsung and McAfee, after the KRACK WPA2 Wi-Fi Vulnerability that was discovered in October. The main purpose of this feature is to encrypt all outgoing and incoming traffic. It also disables tracking websites and apps instantly, even allowing users to explore the digital world safely on “unsecured” network. Though it may affect Wi-Fi speeds and impact battery life, the feature is crucial for leveraging better anonymity/privacy online.
Secure Wi-Fi VPN service is a staple of Samsung’s budget Galaxy J series, but it’s the first time it’s made its way to one of the Seoul, South Korea-based company’s flagship phones. It works by encrypting all outgoing Internet traffic and disabling tracking apps and websites, allowing users to browse the internet safely on unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
Samsung Built in VPN vs. Best VPN for Samsung
The built-in VPN feature available in the “Secure Wi-Fi” service is a staple in the Galaxy series of Samsung. It is available as an update on different smartphones from the brand, which allows users to connect to the internet instantly and securely, encrypting your connection, and preventing hackers/snoopers from tricking the Wi-Fi. Though this built-in VPN does offer features similar to the Best VPN for Samsung, it still lacks in the primary tasks of third-party providers, which include:
- Protecting your personal information from invasive government agencies and local ISPs, which are required to keep logs of your session/connection information.
- Engaging in activities like streaming movies/TV shows online or P2P/Torrenting from pirated sites, which could result in paying hefty fines, if not for the security received by VPNs
- Geo-spoofing your location to gain access to complete content libraries, which are otherwise quite discriminative as to what you should be able to view and not.
Who Wins the Best VPN for Samsung Race?
When it comes to finding the Best VPNs for Samsung, you have to be aware of a multitude of factors. There is a list of criteria available, which help understand which VPN wins the race of being the Best for usage on all types of Samsung devices, including Smartphones, tablets, and other hand-held, internet-enabled devices. Here is what the Best VPN for Samsung should offer:
- Anonymity from Government/ISP Surveillance – As the internet gained in popularity and the spreading of information along with it, many countries deemed it a risk, and made it compulsory to spy on your personal activity. The best VPN for Samsung will ensure all your data stays anonymous and away from the eyes of local ISPs and government agencies.
- Security when Connecting to Public Wi-Fi – Almost every Samsung user will require an internet connection to perform daily tasks like sending emails, checking social media, or simply watching movies/TV shows online. Thing is when you connect to a public Wi-Fi, you expose your information to hackers/snoopers. VPNs help in anonymizing your network, preventing leakage of data.
- Ability to Unblock Geo-Restricted Websites – The Best VPN for Samsung should not skimp on providing you complete access to an unfiltered and unrestricted internet. After all, that is the main purpose of a VPN. To protect your information, while giving you the ability to bypass geo-restrictions on sites that otherwise do not grant users from other countries freedom to access certain content.
- Freedom for Engaging in P2P/Torrenting – Copyright infringement laws prevent users from engaging in any P2P/Torrenting activity on Samsung or any other internet-enabled device. This is where the Best VPN for Samsung comes in, masking your IP address by connecting to servers in different countries, which have relatively easier internet laws, hence allowing you to torrent safely and anonymously.
Best VPN for Samsung 2018
Browsing the internet on your Samsung device, although proves to be incredibly useful and convenient, does increase your device’s vulnerabilities of attacks or hacks. Depending on how security or privacy-conscious you are, it is essential for you to use a VPN service, for the reasons mentioned above. In light of this, we have compiled a list of the Best VPNs for Samsung in 2018:
- $12.95$6.67Per Month
- iOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, Android Apps
- “Stealth VPN” Servers for Regressive Countries
- Excellent WebRTC and DNS Leak Protection
- Split Tunneling and Automatic Kill Switch
- 2,000+ Servers in 148 Countries Worldwide
- SmartDNS and Network Lock Features
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- $11.95$2.99Per Month
75% Off EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT
- DoubleVPN and CyberSec for Cloaking Identity
- Automatic Kill Switch and DNS Leak Protection
- Onion over VPN and SmartDNS Features
- SOCKS5 Proxy for Torrenting Safely
- 4879+ Servers in 62 countries
- Multi-Logins on Six Devices
- Dedicated IP Addresses
- $10$3.74Per Month
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec & OpenVPN protocols
- 25,000+ IPs & 225+ servers in 60+ countries
- 5 Multi logins
- 7-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Upto 256bit encryption
- $12.95$6.67Per Month
- 700+ Servers in 35+ Countries
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 200,000+ IP Addresses
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, Chameleon protocol support
- Supports all major platforms
- Offers NAT Firewall
- 3 Day Trial Version Offered
- $7.62Per Month
- Unlimited Bandwidth & Server Switches
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Offers Servers in 31 Countries
- Fast Performance
- Compatible with Multiple Platforms
- Offers PPTP, L2TP/IPSec & OpenVPN Protocols
- Zero Log Policy
- 5 Simultaneous Logins
ExpressVPN – Offers an Intuitive and User-Friendly Samsung App
Based in British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs for Samsung, offering a great app with an intuitive outlook and user-friendly design(Read the complete ExpressVPN review here). Gaining access to an unrestricted internet just requires a single tap on “Connect”. When you sign up with the service, you also gain access to 1500+ servers in 91 countries, a 30-day refund guarantee, and features like Automatic Kill Switch and NAT firewall.
- User-Friendly Android OS App for Samsung.
- 1500 Servers in 91 Countries Worldwide.
- Based in British Virgin Islands.
- P2P/File Sharing Enabled.
- Certified Zero Logs Provider.
- High Value but Not Inexpensive.
NordVPN – Great Samsung App for Leveraging Privacy
NordVPN is a Panamanian-based provider that offers a simple and straightforward app with plenty of advanced features for tweaking and boosting your security. For instance, there is a DoubleVPN feature, which passes your connection through two different servers around the world. When you sign up, you also gain access to 24/7 live support, 4189 servers in 62 countries, and the CyberSec feature. Read our comprehensive NordVPN review.
- Dedicated App for Samsung Devices.
- Based in Panama (Away from Five Eyes).
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.
- Offers P2P/Torrenting Enabled Servers.
- 6 Simultaneous Connections.
- Expensive Monthly Plan.
IPVanish – Offers Strong Security on All Samsung Devices
Though IPVanish is a US-based provider, it is still a great choice for those who want to leverage security on their Samsung devices. The service offers dedicated Android apps which you can install for use on any smartphone, tablet, or hand-held device from Samsung. When you sign up, you even gain access to more than 1000 servers and 40,000 IPs worldwide, strong 256-bit AES encryption, and a SOCKS5 proxy.
- Dedicated Android OS App for Samsung.
- Accepts Bitcoin Payment Method.
- Simultaneous Connections on Five Devices.
- Excellent Customer Support Responsiveness.
- SOCKS5 Proxy for Secure Torrenting.
- US Company (NSA, Gag Orders).
VyprVPN – Performance-Tweaked Samsung App for Streaming
This Switzerland-based provider offers a very reliable and easy-to-use Android app for Samsung users, which comes with multiple tweaking options and protocols, which include OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec. There is even a “Chameleon Technology”, which further boosts your privacy online for engaging in unblocking activities. Pricing starts at $9.95 per month.
- Attractive VPN App for Samsung.
- Servers in over 70 Countries Worldwide.
- “Chameleon” Stealth Servers.
- Zero Logs Provider.
- 30-day Refund Guarantee.
- May Skimp on Torrenting Speeds.
Buffered – Provides a Reliable VPN Experience on All Samsung Devices
Based in Gibraltar, Buffered VPN is a relative new service. However, it goes the extra mile with its incredibly straightforward and simple Samsung App. When you sign up, you even gain access to servers in 37 countries worldwide, 24/7 live chat support, and the ability of connecting to 5 devices simultaneously. There is even a “Port Discovery” feature for easy connection to public Wi-Fi networks.
- User-Friendly Samsung App.
- 24/7 Live Chat Support.
- Strong OpenVPN Encryption.
- Servers in 37 Countries.
- Port Discovery Feature.
- Some connection logs.
Samsung VPN Settings in 3 Different Ways
When it comes to setting up a VPN on Samsung, it is not necessary that you always download a VPN extension. There are many providers that offer the ability to setup simple PPTP connections, which can be configured from the VPN settings menu. Then there are apps like OpenVPN GUI that further make the process easier. Below we discuss different methods on setting up VPNs on different Samsung Devices.
How to Setup Samsung VPN on Devices?
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your Samsung device
- Tap “Wireless & Networks” and then select “VPN”
- Hit “Add VPN” and select the relevant protocol
- Options include PPTP and L2TP/IPSec
- Fill details such as VPN name and server etc
- Save the Settings to add the VPN connection
- Click on the VPN connection added
- Enter your credentials and enjoy using the VPN
How to Connect VPN for Samsung on Mobile Phones
- Go to the Google Play Store and Search for “OpenVPN”
- Install the Application onto your Device
- Open the app, once the installation is completed
- Tap on the “Menu” button on the top-right corner
- Select “Import” and add the downloaded .ovpn configuration
- Once imported, hit the “Accept” button
- Open the imported file, enter the username and password
- Tap on Connect and enjoy using the VPN on your Smartphone
How to Setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy Tablets?
- Go to the Google Play Store and download any of the above VPN apps
- Open the VPN app, enter your premium account credentials
- Select any server of your choice and activate all privacy features
- Hit the “Connect” button and enjoy using the VPN on Samsung Galaxy Tablets
Best VPN for Samsung Free 2018
When it comes to finding the Best VPNs for Samsung, it is not necessary to always opt for a premium service. Though going for a paid VPN is definitely a better choice, you may receive a good product from some FREE providers, which offer an remarkable service. Among the best FREE options that offer good reliability and performance, include:
Windscribe – Smooth Android App for Samsung Smartphones/Tablets
Windscribe is a Canadian-based provider of VPN service. The provider made its way into the marketplace around 2 years ago, and has already developed a strong reputation. It offers a reliable Android app, which works smoothly on all Samsung Devices. When you sign up for the premium at $7.50 per month, you even receive ad/tracker blocking and the ability to establish unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Intuitive and Responsive Samsung App.
- Built-In Ad/Tracker Blocking Features.
- Zero Logs FREE Provider.
- Unlimited Multi-Logins.
- Offers DoubleVPN.
- Needs Improvement in Speeds
Hide.me – Intuitive Samsung App for Receiving Good Privacy
Hide.Me is a Malaysian-based provider. It offers a remarkably good FREE plan, which gives you access to 3 locations worldwide with a 2GB data limitation, without any bandwidth restrictions. The Samsung app is also incredibly user-friendly and combined with Hide.me’s OpenVPN support, you leverage amazing anonymity and privacy online.
- Samsung App Available.
- Live Chat Support.
- No FREE Trial Days Limit.
- SoftEther Protocol.
- Port Forwarding.
- Pricey Monthly Plan.
Speedify – Good Speeds for Exploring the Internet on Samsung Devices
This FREE provider does not require you to sign up to use its service. All you have to do is download the app from Google Play Store or the website itself. You also have cross-platform support for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Linux. Best part of all: Speedify offers a “Channel Bonding” feature, which combines multiple internet connections to offer you better bandwidth speeds.
- Dedicated Android OS App for Samsung.
- Military Grade Encryption.
- Channel Bonding Feature.
- Zero Logs Provider.
- Easy-to-Use Client.
- Limited Support.
Best VPN for Samsung FAQ
When it comes to finding the best VPN for Samsung, you may have some questions that need answers. To make the process easier for you, we have compiled a list of the most common questions below:
How Do You Create a VPN on Samsung?
The process is incredibly simple. There are three different methods of setting up a VPN on a Samsung device. You can download the native app from any provider like NordVPN or ExpressVPN. You can install the OpenVPN GUI app and load .ovpn configuration files and you can even setup the VPN manually by going into your Samsung smartphones’ settings.
How Do I Find My IP Address on My Samsung Phone?
You can check the IP address of your Samsung phone by going into network settings and then clicking on “Details”. As another option, you can check your IP address by visiting a website specifically designed for this purpose. Among these best options include “What Is My IP Address?” and “IP Location”.
How Do I Turn Off VPN on My Android?
The process does not require any rocket science knowledge. You can turn off the VPN by hitting the “disconnect” option on the native app, or by going to the VPN settings, or the OpenVPN GUI app. There is always as option available for you to turn off the VPN.
Wrapping Things Up
And with this, we come to an end with our Best VPNs for Samsung guide. We hope you find a suitable provider and application that works best with your Samsung smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Regardless, if you have any queries, or need to give better recommendations, feel free to drop a comment below. Also, do not hesitate on sharing the guide with your tech-savvy friends.