There is nothing like coming home from work, getting fresh, crashing on the couch, and launching Netflix on your TV/tablet/smartphone to binge-watch your favorite TV shows/movies.
However, streamers in Ireland are aware that despite paying the same amount for a subscription, they do not have access to the complete Netflix US and UK libraries.
Both these versions have the most number of titles on the VoD, urging Irelanders to look for solutions like a VPN for Netflix to bypass the geographical and content limitations.
So, I decided why not help you guys out by showing you how to watch Netflix USA and UK via “working” servers that can even bypass the VPN ban!
The post covers extensive description for the top 4 VPN providers for accessing global Netflix in Ireland. However if you are unwilling to go in details then following are the top VPN services for US/UK Netflix in Ireland.
- NordVPN is our first choice of VPNs to unblock Netflix with 5 tested US and 5 tested UK servers working for Netflix in Ireland.
- Surfshark is our second choice of VPNs to access Netflix with 5 tested US and 3 tested UK servers working for Netflix in Ireland.
- CyberGhost is our third choice of top VPNs to unblock Netflix US in Ireland with 5 tested US and 4 tested UK servers working to get shows via Netflix which are unavailable in Ireland.
- ExpressVPN is our final choice of VPNs to access Netflix. Though it is the best for Netflix but comes with a higher price compared to the others. ExpressVPN with 5 working US and 4 working UK servers can unblock American Netflix shows in Ireland.
How to Choose the Best VPN Service for USA and UK Netflix in Ireland
If you want to access Netflix using a VPN, you need access to a server that can bypass techniques like DPI and IP filtering, which prevent you unblocking the VoD smoothly.
This means, you need to think broader than the pricing you are paying, and work on your research a bit. After all, not all providers are successful in unblocking Netflix US and UK.
I have compiled some tips below that can help you in finding the Best VPN for Netflix.
- Invest in a provider that is away from Five, Nine, and Fourteen Eyes Alliances, as they do have to comply to mandatory data retention and mass surveillance laws.
- It is necessary to look for features like “Obfuscation”, which allows netizens to bypass VPN bans imposed by countries like China and VoDs like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, etc.
- Go for a provider that offers military-grade AES-256-CBC encryption and offers you the ability of buying a dedicated IP address for maximum compatibility of unblocking Netflix.
- Make sure that you conduct a thorough analysis on each provider, testing them for WebRTC/DNS/IP Leakages. VPNs that leak cannot bypass geo-restrictions.
- Opt for a service that offers best servers for Netflix. It will make it easier to circumvent content limitations on the VoD.
- It is always good to have a vast number of server options available. For Netflix specifically, look for a VPN with a like NordVPN for Netflix with bigger server count in the US or UK.
Our Recommended List of VPN services to Watch Netflix USA and UK from Ireland
Newbies may encounter difficulties in understanding the complexities that come with finding a suitable provider. The tips above should help, but you trust my recommendations too.
I have added my suggestions for the four VPNs available for unblocking Netflix USA and UK from Ireland, while providing info about “working” servers in both locations. Thank me later! 😉
Recommended #1 VPN: NordVPN
Based in Panama and launched in 2012, NordVPN’s servers always manage to unblock both: Netflix UK and US. Thanks to its huge collection of 5,237 physical servers and features like multi-logins on five devices, obfuscation, CyberSec, and DoubleVPN, you can bypass VPN blocks efficiently!
For testing the provider, I approached their support team for “working” servers that unblock Netflix US and UK. All of them worked smoothly, but if you want to stream in HD quality, consider checking out these “tested” server listings for US and UK.
NordVPN Working US Servers for Netflix
- United States – #3288 (Ultra HD)
- United States – #3097(Ultra HD)
- United States – #3325 (Ultra HD)
- United States – #2496 (Ultra HD)
- United States – #3213 (Ultra HD)
You can see below how I managed to unblock “Avengers: Infinity War” via the “United States – #3288” serverand stream in Ultra HD quality, without any hassle.
NordVPN Working UK Servers for Netflix
- United Kingdom – #1331 (Ultra HD)
- United Kingdom – #1345 (Ultra HD)
- United Kingdom – #1371 (Ultra HD)
- United Kingdom – #1094 (Ultra HD)
- United Kingdom – #1293 (Ultra HD)
By using the “United Kingdom – #1331” server, I was able to unblock the UK-specific TV show, “Poldark” and all its seasons in Ultra HD quality, without any buffering issues!
Recommended #2 VPN: Surfshark
Based in the British Virgin Islands and founded in 2018, Surfshark VPN may be a newcomer, but it successfully unblocks both: Netflix UK and US. With 800+ servers in 50 countries, CleanWeb (ad/tracker blocker), MultiHop, WhiteListerTM, and unlimited simultaneous logins, you receive great VoD support.
To unblock the American VoD service, I switched the protocol from the outdated IKEv2 and shifted to the OpenVPN (TCP) protocol. After which, I tested all available US and UK servers in the “physical locations” tab. The eight listed below offered the best performance on Netflix US and UK, based on my testing:
Surfshark Working US Servers for Netflix
- Los Angeles (Ultra HD)
- Las Vegas (Ultra HD)
- New Jersey (HD)
- Phoenix (HD)
- Seattle (HD)
I established a connection to their “United States – Los Angeles” server and unblocked the 15th Season o, “Grey’s Anatomy”, without encountering any buffering/streaming problems.
Surfshark Working UK Servers for Netflix
- London (Ultra HD)
- Manchester (Ultra HD)
- Glasgow (HD)
Below you can see, I connected to the “UK – London” server and was able to unblock “Then Came You a.k.a. Departure” effortlessly, which is only accessible via Netflix UK library.
Recommended #3 VPN: CyberGhost
Headquartered in Romania and created in 2011, CyberGhost is among the few VPNs that offer specialized servers for streaming via Netflix US and UK, while making available advanced features like Wi-Fi Protection, Ad/Tracker Blocking, Kill Switch, and Multi-Logins on seven devices.
For testing the provider, I analyzed over ten different servers; five from the US and five from the UK, among which nine worked smoothly on Netflix. Find the following “working” servers I tested in the menu for accessing the Netflix UK and US version in Ireland:
CyberGhost Working US Servers for Netflix
- Los Angeles – S01-i02 (Ultra HD)
- Los Angeles – S01-i03 (Ultra HD)
- New York – S03-i02 (Ultra HD)
- New York – S03-i03 (HD)
- Washington — S01-i07 (HD)
After entering “Netflix” into the search bar on the Window app, see how I connected to the “Los Angeles – S01-i02” server and unblocked the most nostalgic movie of all time, “Small Soldiers.”
CyberGhost Working UK Servers for Netflix
- Berkshire – S01-i02 (Ultra HD)
- Berkshire – S01-i06 (Ultra HD)
- Manchester – S05-i02 (HD)
- London – S09-i10 (HD)
As you can see below, I connected to their “Berkshire – S01-i02” server and was able to unblock the animated series, “Trolls: The Beat Goes On.”
Recommened #4 VPN: ExpressVPN
Located in the British Virgin Islands and founded in 2011, ExpressVPN offers the best service for Netflix unblocking in Ireland, second to NordVPN. With 3,000+ VPN servers in 160 locations, multi-logins on three devices and StealthVPN, you can enjoy seamless streaming on Netflix UK and US.
To unblock the US and UK version of Netflix, I tested 9 different ExpressVPN Netflix Servers available in the “Americas” and “Europe” region, and by expanding the inventory for UK and US. I have highlighted the best performing servers below for your convenience:
ExpressVPN Working US Servers for Netflix
- USA – Los Angeles 5 (Ultra HD)
- USA – Los Angeles 4 (Ultra HD)
- USA – New Jersey 3 (HD)
- USA – New Jersey 1 (Ultra HD)
- USA – New York 2 (Ultra HD)
As you can see below, I successfully managed to unblock the hit Marvel movie “Thor: Ragnarok” only available on the US Netflix by connecting to the “USA – Los Angeles 5” server.
ExpressVPN Working UK Servers for Netflix
- UK – Berkshire – 2 (Ultra HD)
- UK – Berkshire (Ultra HD)
- UK – London (Ultra HD)
- UK – Kent (HD)
I established a connection to their “UK – London” server and was successfully able to unblock the UK-Netflix specific, “From Paris with Love”, without encountering any streaming errors.
How to Unblock Netflix US and UK from Ireland using a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
For unblocking Netflix US and UK from Ireland, you need a “working” VPN that bypasses IP filtering and DPI techniques used by the VoD.
You can use our recommendations above to ease the search process, but some prospects may still be facing confusion on how to use a VPN.
So, without further ado, follow the steps below where I highlight how to use ExpressVPN’s Netflix Servers for accessing the complete US and UK library:
- Head to the pricing page and subscribe to a suitable plan
- Download/install the relevant application for your device
- Get access to the ExpressVPN dashboard by logging into your account
- Copy the “Activation Code” on the top right corner of the page
- Launch the ExpressVPN app and paste the activation code to log in
- Connect to the above “working” US or UK servers I tested for ExpressVPN
- You should now gain access to the complete US Netflix or UK Netflix library
Netflix Ireland Library in comparison to Netflix USA and Netflix UK library
Netflix is working on improving its listing of movies/TV shows in locations outside the US. Sure, the difference in some countries is still massive, but that is why VPNs come in handy.
Wrapping Things Up
It is clear that Netflix users outside US are not comfortable with the biasness imposed by the VoD in terms of content availability, hence why I have to write these guides.
Nevertheless, I hope my research and testing on the best servers available help streamers to watch Netflix USA and UK from Ireland, without any proxy errors or buffering issues.
If you encounter any trouble though, do not hesitate on commenting below. I will respond personally to each query, so that you receive as much assistance as possible. Have a nice day!