Best VPN for Firefox – Boost Browser Privacy Using Free VPN for Mozilla
Firefox is the creation of the Mozilla Corporation – a non-profit organization that manages the browser. It exists as a famous alternative to the Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer browsers, previously known as “Netscape Navigator”, which was the inventor of the HTTPS web protocol. The Mozilla Firefox browser boasts an open-source code and is free to download. However, it may not be completely secure, especially if you live in a country with strict data retention laws, hence the need for Best VPN. Continue reading to learn about the Best VPN for Firefox.
Why is Updating Firefox Necessary?
Before we dig deeper into the usage of VPNs on Firefox, it is imperative to discuss an important issue many users have with the browser: updates. Many users look for solutions to halt updates, but they forget these minor upgrades are necessary for getting rid of security flaws and crash issues. New updates are released every 3 to 6 weeks. It is standard protocol for any product/service. Before installing any VPN extension, make sure you have the latest version of Firefox!
What is Firefox Quantum?
Firefox Quantum is the latest upgrade of the browser, which comes equipped with a new and improved engine, built for excellent performance and security. It is 30% lighter than the Chrome browser, guaranteeing less memory usage, and offering smart features for intelligent browsing. It also features a gorgeous design that is bound to leave you breathless.
The best part of all: the software does not lag at all when opening multiple tabs. Switching to different websites has never been easier, thanks to its highly responsive algorithm. Mozilla has even added extra security for its private browsing, which blocks online trackers from different websites, preventing them from recording your information.
What are Firefox Web Extensions?
Mozilla Firefox goes the extra mile in offering users added functionality. In light of this, the browser allows users to install a range of useful tools/add-ons on the software, which can even grant for the modification of the Firefox user interface, changing its entire appearance. These extensions could be free of cost, or may require a payment, regardless, they are a good step towards providing users with more personalization features.
What is the Best VPN for Firefox?
As the primary choice for millions of users worldwide, Mozilla Firefox has developed an unbeatable reputation for exploring the internet safely and securely. Its open source framework makes it a highly attractive option for those who want to learn to code. At the same time, non-techies appreciate a large number of add-ons available and its high-privacy rating.
However, browser securely is much broader than it may seem. In this day and age, where everything you do online is tracked by private entities like Google and Facebook, and governmental agencies like the DMCA and “Five Eyes Alliance”, you need to protect your information, and this is where choosing the best VPN for Firefox comes in. Below we have highlighted some important factors regarding what constitutes as a good option to use on Mozilla Firefox.
What are the Advantages of Using Firefox VPN?
Though using a VPN extension on browsers may not offer the same level of security and privacy as a dedicated app, it does offer plenty of advantages in relation to unblocking geo-restricted websites, particularly streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and various other hit movie/TV shows VoDs. By masking your IP address and connecting to a different server, users can make it seem they live in a different country altogether.
Some Mozilla Firefox VPN extensions may even come equipped with advanced features like ad blocking, which streamline the entire online experience. You can avoid seeing irritating advertisements that keep on popping up upon visiting multiple websites. Once the VPN is active, built-in tools may even add the HTTPS protocol everywhere, further securing your connection.
How to Choose the Best VPN Service for Firefox
- Exceptional Unblocking Capabilities – It is imperative that you go for a VPN app that offers good features and decent security for bypassing geo-restrictions on streaming and other websites for gaining access to an unfiltered internet while eliminating any chance of DNS or IPv6 Leaks.
- Advanced Features – Most VPN extensions for Chrome will just allow you to shift locations. However, when it comes to utilizing the utmost level of anonymity, it is vital you go for one that offers advanced features like ad/tracker blocking, kill switch, and DNS/IPv6 Leak Protection.
- Good Server Locations – Using a browser extension does not mean you compromise on the number of locations you have available for connections. Go for a provider that offers a huge list of servers with plenty of static and dedicated IPs for you to enjoy unblocking and security.
- Easy-to-Use Extension – As Firefox can be a bit resource-heavy, the provider you sign up with, should have an extension that is generally unobtrusive and light, boasting a solid mix of options for both: tech-savvy and basic users.
Best VPN for Firefox
Since there is a huge list of providers in the marketplace, all claiming to be the “Best” choice for your privacy and security – selecting one that bests suits your budgetary needs and anonymity requirements may seem like an impossible task. To ease the process for you, we have created a list of the top 5 most prominent VPNs for Firefox, based on the factors mentioned above:
- Headquartered in BVI (Safe Location)
- 1040+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- AES-256-CBC/GCM Encryption
- Unblocks Netflix in 16+ Libraries
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- Based in Hong Kong (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 2,000+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- Military-Grade AES 256-Bit Encryption
- Split Tunneling and Dedicated IPs
- DDoS Protection and Internet Kill Switch
- Endorsed by Forbes/5-Stars on TrustPilot
- Headquartered in BVI (Safe Location)
- 3,000+ Servers in over 90 Countries
- Powerful AES 256-GCM Encryption
- Unblocks Netflix/Supports Torrenting
- Audited No Logs (PWC and Cure53)
- Apps for Windows, Mac, iOS & Android
- Based in Singapore (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 1000+ Servers Across 100+ Locations
- 256-bit Military-Grade Encryption
- Split Tunneling/5 Multi-Logins
- Works with US Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Headquartered in Panama (Safe Location)
- 5600+ servers in 59 countries
- 6 simultaneous Connections
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Great P2p/torrenting performance
- Double VPN and Onion over VPN
ExpressVPN – Security-Focused Firefox VPN Extension
ExpressVPN is defying all odds to create a product that is praised across all platforms, devices, and hardware. Their VPN extension is now ranking in the top for Firefox, which includes a kill-switch, a WebRTC Leak Protection, and DNS Leak Protection. In addition to this, the VPN offers servers in 94 countries, and tends to be a good choice for leveraging anonymity, while evading regional restrictions.
Here is you can read our detailed expressvpn review.
- Intuitive and User-Friendly Firefox Extension
- 30-Day Refund Policy on All Plans
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- 1,500 Servers in 94 Countries
- British Virgin Islands Based
- Three Multi-Logins Only
ZenMate – Loaded with Security and Configuration VPN Features
Though ZenMate itself may not be a hit service across different platforms, and their app needs great work in offering better security and configuration features, it does pretty well for Firefox. The paid version gives users access to remarkable features like ad-blockers and NAT firewalls, which boost your security in-browser. Though the pricing is expensive, the extension is truly worth checking out.
- Easy-to-Use Firefox Extension
- Refund Guarantee for 14 Days
- Seven-Day Free Trial on Premium
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- Ad/Tracker Blocking Feature
- Expensive Monthly Plan
PureVPN – Firewall Extension Unblocks Netflix US
There has been a lot of controversy surrounding PureVPN. However, despite many negative connotations attached to the provider, we will praise its remarkable Firewall extension, which guarantees unblocking of geo-restricted websites, including Netflix. You even have anti-malware coding, tracker blocking, ad-blocking, and WebRTC blocking features, all-in-one!
Take a look at our comprehensive purevpn review
- Simple yet Interactive Firefox Extension
- 700+ Servers in 141 Countries Worldwide
- WebRTC Leak Protection Feature
- Ad/Tracker Blocking
- 5 Multi-Logins
- Slow Network Speeds Sometimes
Windscribe – Beautiful Firefox Interface with a Streamlined Design
Though the drop-down interface of the Windscribe Mozilla Firefox extension is rather tiny, it still manages to pack a great punch. You have a Secure.Link feature, which scans a web page and reports on its security risks. On the “Settings” tab, you have a whole bunch of privacy configurations. If you install the app for desktop computers, you can even leverage a DoubleVPN connection for maximum security.
- Responsive and Quick Firefox Extension
- Free Version Offers 10GB Data Cap
- Servers in 46 Countries Worldwide
- DoubleVPN Feature in App Version
- Three-Day Refund Guarantee
- Account Sharing Not Allowed
ibVPN – Great Firefox Extension for Unblocking Geo-Restricted Websites
If we talk about unblocking websites and bypassing geo-restrictions, then ibVPN is definitely one service worth subscribing to. Though you may not leverage exceptional high-security of a dedicated app on a desktop or smartphone platform, you can easily gain access to websites and streaming services, like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer. Users even have a 15-day money back guarantee available.
- User-Friendly Firefox Extension
- 24-Hour Free Trial for Testing
- 15-Day Refund Guarantee
- Good Unblocking Features
- Live Customer Support 24/7
- Needs Improvement in Security
Best VPN Extensions for Firefox Free
When it comes to using VPNs, not everyone may have the cash to sign up with a premium service. Some may also not be comfortable sharing their credit card or other payment details online, hence relying more towards the freemium solutions available on the internet. Below is a list of the Best FREE VPN Extensions for Firefox, which go the extra mile in delivering a quality product.
Browsec – No Sign Up Firefox VPN Extension with Unlimited Bandwidth
Browsec exists as one of the most famous Mozilla Firefox VPN extensions. It does not require users to sign up. Just visit the website, download the browser VPN, and enjoy connecting to four different servers locations FREE, which include Netherlands, Singapore, USA, and the UK. You will get standard speeds and unlimited bandwidth. Premium plans offer better performance and 31 different VPN servers.
- Responsive and Easy-to-Use Firefox Extension
- Dedicated Apps for Android and iOS
- No Bandwidth Limitations
- Easy Switching for Servers
- Fast Speeds for Streaming
- Unclear Logging Policy
SetupVPN – Premium VPN Service with More than 24 Server Locations
SetupVPN offers a reliable VPN extension. You will have to sign up for an account before begin able to use the extension, but you have more than 24 different server locations to choose from. This gives it an upper-hand, as compared to Browsec, but the speeds may not be that fast. You do, however, have an IP Lookup feature. This allows you to check the IP address of the server you are using.
- Zero Bandwidth Cap
- Reliable Firefox Add-on
- 24 Server Locations
- Good Unblocking Features
- IP Lookup Feature
- Slow Speeds
TunnelBear – User-Friendly and Intuitive Firefox Extension
TunnelBear is a popular choice for many, as it has an established reputation online. Though you only have 500MB bandwidth per month on the free plan, you do have 22 different servers locations available for connection. The extension is quite user-friendly and intuitive, listing options in an simplified menu, which provides compatibility to both techy and beginner users.(checkout our tunnelbear review)
- User-Friendly VPN Extension Firefox
- 22 Server Locations for Connection
- Simplified Menu and Configurations
- Smart Advanced Features
- Works with Netflix
- Unreliable Customer Support
- 500MB Bandwidth Limit
Avira Phantom VPN – Strong Business Class Servers for Complete Anonymity
Similar to TunnelBear, the Avira Phantom VPN only offers 500MB bandwidth limit per month on the free plan, which is why we have added it at the bottom end of the list. This does not mean that the service is incapable though. It comes with loads of locations and even uses LeaseWeb, which is famous for its business class servers. Once you sign up, you will not have to worry about suffering with poor speeds.
- Streamlined Firefox Extension Design
- Incredibly Easy-to-Use
- DNS Leak Protection
- Strong 256-bit AES Encryption
- Excellent Support
- Does Not Accept Bitcoin
- Limited Server Locations
Best VPN for Firefox Reddit
As one of the most prominent and famous communities online, Reddit exists as the ultimate destination for finding information on all sorts of topics and subject matters. Among these include best vpn reddit services, which specifically gain a considerable amount of responses, because of the copyright agencies getting more vigilant and internet laws getting tougher worldwide. Though we could not find specific suggestions regarding the Best VPNs for Firefox, here is a tip regarding using extensions:
Best VPN for Firefox FAQ
When using a VPN extension on your Firefox browser, you may come across certain issues/errors that may leave you thinking. Below we have answered some of the most common questions we get asked:
Firefox Will Not Run With VPN?
Make sure the provider you signed up with offers a tested and working VPN extension. If Firefox still refuses to work, consider re-installing the extensions or opening your browser again. In the odd chance, the problem still persists, check for updates and get the new Firefox version.
How to Fix Firefox When it Crashes After Connecting to a VPN?
This is a clear indication of a bug in the extension causing your Firefox browser to crash. Make sure you only sign up and download the tested and working VPN extensions listed above, if you want to enjoy a seamless and uninterrupted internet experience.
What is the Best Firefox VPN?
We have added a total of 10 Firefox VPN extensions in our list. If we were to select the best among them, then ExpressVPN would definitely get our vote. Based in British Virgin Islands, the provider is a completely secure and certified no logs VPN.
Wrapping Things Up
If you are facing trouble in finding a good VPN service, based on your privacy/security needs and budgetary requirements, make sure to follow our Best VPN for Firefox guide. Feel free to comment below if you encounter any issues, or have better recommendations. Have a nice day!