Best VPN for Windows in Australia | Usage & Setup – 2022
Need access to the Best VPN for Windows in Australia? Well, Microsoft has been a top contributor in the market of operating systems. Its “Windows” product is one-of-a-kind, offering exceptional intuitiveness, user-friendliness, and remarkable support.
However, you will need a VPN service if you want to secure your Windows OS and boost your anonymity online in Australia. By using one, you can cloak your IP address, shift your location, and make it appear as if you reside somewhere else, boosting your anonymity online.
After testing 50+ VPNs, we have selected a few VPNs in Australia that excel in a number of categories, including functionality, connection speed, and compatibility with streaming services.
Out of all, ExpressVPN turned out to be the best VPN for Windows in Australia for offering various features with high-speed servers.
Continue reading to learn about the importance of a VPN, how to configure one on different versions of Windows, and what is the best VPN encryption for windows in Australia (2022)!
Best VPN for Windows in Australia (2022) – Quick Guide
Here is a list of the top 5 best VPNs for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 in Australia.
- ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Windows in Australia
- SurfShark: Most Affordable VPN for Windows in Australia
- NordVPN: The Most Secure VPN for Windows in Australia
- CyberGhost: User-friendly VPN for Windows in Australia
- PureVPN: Featurefull VPN for Windows in Australia
How Can I Setup a VPN in Australia on PC – Quick Steps!
Here are the steps you can follow to get Windows VPN software in Australia running on your computer.
- Select a trustworthy VPN in Australia. We advise ExpressVPN.
- Install the Windows VPN application.
- Give the app permission to change your device settings.
- Follow the installation wizard’s directions.
- Connect to your preferred country after logging onto your account in Australia.
Learn How Can I Setup a Best VPN for Windows 11 in Australia with helping images.
The Best VPN for Windows 10 in Australia (2022)
Windows 10 does come with a trove of privacy issues in Australia. The information synchronization with Microsoft servers, the addition of the Cortana assistant, and integrated advertising help in personalizing your experience.
So, without further ado, look at the list of the best VPN for Windows in Australia. I complied based on reliability, performance, support, server availability, privacy, and features.
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Windows in Australia
Specifications of ExpressVPN
- No. of servers: 3000+ in 94+ countries
- Simultaneous Connections: 5 devices.
- Protocols: Lightway Protocol, Split Tunneling.
- Security Features: AES 256-bit encryption & Automatic kill switch.
- Compatible Devices– Firestick, Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, & routers.
- Trustpilot rating: 4.7
- Price: AU$ /mo ($6.67/mo).
In our evaluation, we have found ExpressVPN as the best VPN for Windows in Australia with unparalleled privacy features. It has servers in 3000+ in 94+ you can connect to any of its server.
The privacy features offered by ExpressVPN in Australia include uncrackable AES-256 encryption, OpenVPN, and Lightway protocols. However, you can be guaranteed that the provider will never keep any of your activity thanks to its RAM-only TrustedServer technology and an audited no-log policy.
The Windows app for ExpressVPN is so simple to use in Australia. The huge on/off button will link you to the Smart Location if all you want is to connect as quickly as possible. However, if you would like a little bit more flexibility, you can use the options to modify your kill switch, auto-connect settings, protocols, split tunneling, and much more.
Generally, ExpressVPN is currently the finest Windows VPN in Australia to get at AU$ 10.65/mo ($6.67/mo). Plus, there is also a to support you if you decide to not use the service anymore
- Based in the British Virgin Islands..
- 5 simultaneous connections.
- P2P/torrenting support.
- Users even have a 30-day refund available.
- Obfuscated servers
- No Port Forwarding option.
- Overall expensive service.
Know how to get ExpressVPN Free Trial and 30-day Money Back Guarantee.
Final Verdict: The BVI-based provider boasts a no logs policy that even shook the Turkish Authorities. It earns a 4.5-star rating from BestVPN.co, thanks to its strong user base, router compatibilities, and ability to unblock all popular streaming services. These include:
For more information, check out this full 2022 review of ExpressVPN!
2. Surfshark: Safest VPN for Windows in Australia
Specifications of Surfshark:
No. of servers: 3200+ in
- Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited devices
- Protocol: WireGuard, OpenVPN (TCP and UDP), IKEv2.
- Security Feature: MultiHop, AES-256 bit encryption, kill switch.
- Compatible devices: Android, iOS, Windows, and routers
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
- Price: AU$ 3.98/mo ($2.49/mo) on a 2-year plan.
- Based in the British Virgin Islands (a VPN Friendly Jurisdiction).
- Budget-Friendly costs
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- CleanWebTM (Ad/Tracker/Malware Blocker).
- Automatic Kill Switch and Wi-Fi Protection for keeping you anonymous in public.
- Only Static IPs are available (Personal IPs missing)
Know how to get Surfshark Free Trial along with 30-day money-back guarantee
Final Verdict: Surfshark is a newcomer that has quickly spread its wings in the marketplace of Cheapest VPN in Australia. Its performance, reliability, and privacy give it a 4.2 rating from BestVPN.co. Much of its reputation is owed to unblocking different streaming platforms in Australia, such as:
For more information, check out this full 2022 review of Surfshark!
3. NordVPN: Secure & Anonymous Windows VPN in Australia
Specifications of NordVPN:
- No. of Servers: 5600+ across 59+ countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: 6 devices
- Protocol: Double VPN. Nordlynx, IKEv2, IPsec, OpenVPN, LT2P, & PPTP
- Security features: AES-256 GCM and 4096-bit DH key encryption, Kill switch
- Compatible devices– Windows, macOS, Firestick, Android, and iOS.
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
- Price: AU$ 6.37/mo ($3.99/mo) on a 2-year plan
- Based in the safe and secure Panama.
- Offers a huge database of servers
- P2P optimized servers.
- Ad/Malware/Tracker blocker.
- 7-day Free trial available.
- The monthly plan is expensive.
- Refunds can take an additional 30 days.
Know how to get NordVPN Free Trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Final Verdict: NordVPN earns a rare 5-star rating from BestVPN.co for its Windows capabilities. It offers an intuitive client that boasts strong encryption and offers a ton of useful privacy features, which even help in unblocking multiple streaming platforms in Australia, like:
For more information, check out this full 2022 NordVPN review!
4. CyberGhost: Most User-Friendly VPN for Windows in Australia
Specifications of CyberGhost:
- No. of servers: 6000+ in 88 countries
- Simultaneous Connections: 7 Multi-device Logins
- Protocols: OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard
- Security Features: AES-256 Bit Encryption, Kill switch, & DNS/IP Leak Protection.
- Compatible devices: Android, Windows, and iOS
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
- Price: AU$ 3.66/mo ($2.29/mo) on a 3-year plan
- Based in Romania (Safe location).
- 7-day Trial and 45-Day Refund Guarantee.
- Unblocks websites and VoDs.
- Mozilla and Chrome Browser Add-ons.
- Secure Wi-Fi Feature for Security in Public.
- No Port Forwarding Available.
- Leaks found in Mac client.
Final Verdict: CyberGhost offers great versatility to its users. It has different modes like surf anonymously, unblock streaming, secure Wi-Fi hotspot, torrent anonymously, and unblock websites in Australia. The VPN also bypasses bans on Netflix and other popular streaming sites in Australia like Voot, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and HBO Now.
For more information, check out this full 2022 CyberGhost review!
5. PureVPN: Most Suitable VPN for Windows in Australia
- No. of servers: 6500+ in 78 countries
- Simultaneous Connections: 10 devices
- Protocols: PPTP, IKEv2, L2TP, IPSec, OpenVPN, SSL, SSTP, SoftEther, and WireGuard
- security Features: Split Tunneling, AES-256-encryption, Kill switch, DDos Protection.
- Compatible Devices: Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.8
- Price: AU$ 3.18/mo ($1.99/mo) on a 5-year plan
- VPN Hotspot and NAT Firewall
- 300,000 + IPs
- No-logging policy
- Free Trial Unavailable
- Rare connectivity issues on Windows
Final Verdict: Operated by GZ Systems and based in the British Virgin Islands (one of the safest internet hubs in the world), PureVPN has its good days and bad days. The VPN has some dissatisfied customers, but delivers great capabilities for unblocking VoDs in Australia, which include:
For more information, check out this full 2022 review of PureVPN!
6. IPVanish: Perfect for Bypassing Censorship of Windows in Australia
- No. of servers: 2000+ in 75 countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited devices
- Protocols: WireGuard, OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP/IPsec, & PPTP
- Security Features: DNS and IP Leak Protection, Split Tunneling, AES-256 Encryption & kill switch.
- Compatible Devices: macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android.
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.6
- Price: AU$ 6.37/mo ($3.99/mo) on a 1-year plan
- Offers 40,000+ shared IPs for completing the cloaking of identity.
- Strict No-Logs Policy.
- Live Chat Support.
- SOCKS5 web proxy.
- 7-day money-back guarantee.
- No Free Trial Available.
Final Verdict: IPVanish is a Florida-based VPN service that offers a high level of security, promising to make your real IP untraceable to local ISPs and government agencies.
You leverage unlimited bandwidth with some of the best site unblocking features in Australia to access Netflix, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer. The provider also keeps no logs to respect user anonymity.
For more information, check out this full 2022 IPVanish review!
7. Ivacy VPN: Great for Chinese Windows Users in Australia
- No. of servers: 3500+ in 100+ countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: 5 Multi logins
- Protocols: IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP, and OpenVPN
- Compatible Devices: macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android.
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.7
- Price: AU$ 1.90/mo ($1.19/mo) on a 2-year plan
- Based in Singapore (a VPN-friendly jurisdiction).
- Bypasses content limitations on VoDs.
- Optimized P2P servers.
- No TOR compatibility.
- No Netflix Streaming.
Final Verdict: Established in Singapore, Ivacy is another safe and secure VPN service in Australia. Its location is a plus, thanks to its convenient laws on data retention and internet censorship.
All data is safe under the Personal Data Protection Commission, guaranteeing your anonymity from local ISPs and governments. Monthly pricing starts at AU$ 19.09 ($11.95).
For more information, check out this full 2022 Ivacy VPN review!
8. VyprVPN: Delivers Fast Speeds for Streaming in Australia
Specifications of VyprVPN:
- No. of servers: 700+ servers in 70 countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: 5 devices
- Protocol: PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, WireGuard, Chameleon, OpenVPN, IKEv2.
- Trust Pilot rating: 3.6
- Price: AU$ 1.90/mo ($4/mo) on a 2-year plan
- Headquartered in Switzerland.
- Allows users to indulge in P2P/Torrenting.
- Limited free account available with unlimited bandwidth for streaming/torrenting.
- Zero Logs Provider.
- No StealthVPN protocol on the basic plan.
- Performance consistency issues.
For more information, check out this full 2022 VyprVPN Review!
9. TorGuard: Delivers Strong Anonymity Online in Australia
Specification of TorGuard:
- No. of servers: 3,000+ servers in 50+ countries worldwide
- Simultaneous Connections: Maximum Devices Supported: 8
- Protocols: SOCKS5, SSH, HTTP, SSL
- Trustpilot Rating: 4.4
- Price: AU$ 7.99/mo ($4.99/mo) on a 1-year plan
- The provider is P2P-Friendly.
- It offers an expansive network.
- Stealth proxy for unblocking random websites.
- Two-factor authorization is available.
- MITM attack protection.
- The Windows Client app sometimes lags.
- No free trial.
Final Verdict: Based in the US, users may not find TorGuard a trustworthy service in Australia. Nevertheless, it has never been caught revealing private data.
The VPN also offers strong OpenVPN encryption, which allows for VoDs unblocking. The only catch is that users will have to invest in a dedicated IP to leverage most of the VPN services in Australia.
For more information, check out this full 2022 TorGuard review!
10. Buffered: Unblocking-Focused VPN in Australia
Specifications of Buffered:
- No. of servers: 40+ servers in 35+ countries.
- Simultaneous Connections: 5 device
- Security Protocols: OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), Firewall-based Kill Switch, and Port Discovery
- Trustpilot Rating: 3.3
- Price: 8.25/mo. On a 1-Year Plan
- Based in Gibraltar (a safe VPN hub).
- Bypasses content limitations on Netflix Us VoD service.
- Offers performance servers in more than 39 countries worldwide.
- Live chat support is available and quite responsive.
- Pricey Subscription Plans.
- Leaks were found in the macOS client.
Final Verdict: Buffered is transparent about logging some session/connection issues for cooperation with the government in legal cases with a warrant in Australia.
These logs are deleted within 30-days. I appreciate the honesty the VPN brings to the product, as it is better than being shocked/surprised later on.
Methodology to Select the Best VPN for Windows in Australia (2022)
The standards by which we selected the best VPNs for Windows in Australia are as follows:
1. logging rules
No matter how effective a VPN may be, if its logging practices are questionable, we would never advise using it in Australia. The services included in this guide have all clear no-logs privacy policies.
2. Windows user.
It should go without saying that a service must have cutting-edge Windows apps that are not only simple to use but also appealing to the eye in order to be named one of the top VPNs for Windows in Australia.
Although a slower connection is typically a result of using a VPN in Australia, it doesn’t have to be so bad. Your experience when streaming your favorite shows or browsing using a VPN can be significantly enhanced by using proper tunneling protocols such as NordLynx or WireGuard.
4. Streaming ability.
The best VPNs must have the ability to unblock the most popular streaming services in Australia like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and others using Windows VPN apps because users prefer to stream on their PCs rather than on their smartphones.
5. Customer Service
In case users have trouble with VPN in Australia, at this point, having effective customer support is very essential that solves their queries on time.
Price is another concerning point for people when buying a VPN in Australia. The VPNs we have chosen all offer value for money.
Comparison of Best VPN for Windows in Australia
|No. of Servers||3000+||3200+||5600+||6000+||6500+|
|No. of Countries||94+||59+||88||78|
|Multi Logins||5 devices||Unlimited||6 devices||7 devices||10 devices|
|Windows Version||7,8,10 and 11||7,8,10 and 11||7,8,10 and 11||7,8,10 and 11||7,8,10 and 11|
|Pricing Plans||AU$ 10.65/mo $6.67/mo)||AU$ /mo ($2.49/mo)||AU$ 6.37/mo ($3.99/mo)||AU$ 3.66/mo ($2.29/mo)||AU$ 3.18/mo ($1.99/mo)|
Why Do I Need a VPN in Australia for My Windows PC/Laptop?
Despite many countries passing laws for more control on the internet and initiatives like Safer Internet Day (SID) and Cyber Security Awareness Month, many netizens are still unaware of how valuable their data and online privacy is.
If you have a good idea about of Geo-Restrictions, Copyright Infringement Laws, and the repealing of Net Neutrality, you can skip this section. For the less informed, I have created a summary concerning the need for a VPN in Australia in recent times.
- Hiding your Identity – Prevents your Internet Service Provider (ISP) from learning about your online browsing activitie in Australias, keeping you anonymous!
- Government Surveillance – Countries part of Fourteen/Nine/Five Alliances indulge in Mass Surveillance. VPNs protect you from their prying eyes in Australia.
- Geo-Spoof Locations – Bypass irritating content blocks and geographical restrictions in Australia by shifting your location and changing your IP address to a local one.
- Wi-Fi Protection in Public – Bars/Cafés/Restaurants may provide you with the internet, but they are not secure in Australia. VPNs protect you from hackers using public Wi-Fi connections.
- Bypass Censorship – Content limitations set by governments, workplaces, and schools can easily be bypassed by using a secure and powerful VPN service in Australia.
- Stress-Free Torrenting – Indulging in P2P/Torrenting can lead to hefty fines from DMCA notices. Using a VPN in Australia will hide your identity, fooling copyright infringement hunters.
Configuring a VPN Manually on Different Versions of Windows in Australia!
While this guide is about the “Best VPN for Windows in Australia,” I always choose to improve the technical expertise of my viewers. Signing up and installing a program is easy. Getting into the specifics helps you understand more facets of what a VPN does in Australia.
So, I decided why not help you guys out, looking for manual instructions. Below you can find step-by-step directions for setting up a VPN in Australia on different versions of Windows. These include the infamous Windows 10, 8, and 7. I would do XP too, but that would be too outdated.
How Can I Setup a Best VPN for Windows 11 in Australia
Your journey with Windows 11 is more secure if you use a VPN in Australia. Even if it is simple to set up a VPN using the software client provided by the VPN provider in Australia, you’ll need to manually configure it at some point.
Apparently, this procedure is not too difficult. To quickly set up a VPN connection on Windows 11 in Australia, follow the instructions listed below:
- Verify that the account you are using has administrator rights by giving valid login information.
- Search for Settings by clicking the Start button.
- Locate the Network and Internet Icon under Settings.
- Find the VPN button, and then click it.
- Select Add VPN.
- Enter the required VPN information, then click “save.” The configuration of your VPN connection is complete.
- Last step. Connect to the VPN server
Note: We advise purchasing an ExpressVPN if you’d prefer to manage your VPN connections using the software client provided by a VPN service in Australia. It is lightning quick and includes a simple software client.
How Can I Setup a VPN on Windows 10 in Australia (2022)
- Click the “Network” icon located in the Windows Taskbar. (Next to the clock at the bottom right corner of the bar).
- Select “Network Settings” above “Airplane Mode.”
- Select VPN under the Network & Internet title.
- Click on “Add a VPN Connection.”
- Tick the advanced options if needed.
- You will now be required to enter some information.
- We established a PPTP configuration from freevpnaccess.com.
- It is a good resource for manually setting up VPNs.
- Click on the “Save” button after filling out all details.
- Return to the previous menu, and click on the connect button.
- Enjoy using a VPN via the PPTP protocol method!
How Can I Configure a VPN on My Windows 8 OS?
- Head to the search bar and type in “VPN.”
- Select “Manage Virtual Private Networks (VPN).”
- Click on the “+” button to add a VPN connection.
- Fill out the information required.
- Find a provider that supports L2TP/IPSec protocols.
- Right-click on “Network” in the Windows Taskbar.
- Select “Network and Internet Settings.”
- Click on “Change Adapter Settings” from the “Status” menu.
- You will find the VPN connection you created.
- Right-click it and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Select L2TP/IPSec from the “Type of VPN”.
How to Setup a Best VPN on Windows 7 PC/Laptop in Australia
Get the best VPN for Windows 7 by following these steps below:
- Head to the “Network and Sharing Center” menu.
- Click on the “Set up a new connection or network” option.
- Select “Connect to a Workplace” to start the connection wizard.
- Click on “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)” to begin the process.
- Type the IP address from your VPN service.
- Enter a name for the connection.
- Click on the “Next” option.
- Enter the relevant User name and password.
- Tick “Remember this password, if needed.
- Hit the “Connect” button!
What is the Best Free VPN for Windows in Australia (2022)?
To find out the best Free VPN for Windows 10 in Australia, we have selected a few free VPNs.
After evaluating thoroughly, we have made a list of the 3 best free VPN for Windows in Australia:
- TunnelBear- It is an easy-to-use VPN app offering 500MB of free monthly data and is audited independently every year.
- Hide.me- This free provider is the best VPN for torrenting in Australia. It offers 10GB of data free per month and a no-log policy.
- Windscribe– It is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a free VPN in Australia. It allows torrenting and streaming of Netflix. It offers 10GB monthly data and has servers in 10 different countries.
Why is my Windows VPN not Working with Netflix in Australia?
If your Windows VPN is not working with Netflix or other streaming services in Australia. Follow these steps to fix it:
1. Support Streaming. First of all, check if the VPN is compatible with unblocking streaming platforms in Australia like Netflix and others.
2. Switch to another server. Because sometimes your IP gets leaked and blocked by the Streaming service provider in Australia.
3. Change the browser. Sometimes Microsoft Edge does not work, so try chrome browsers for accessing restricted streaming content in Australia.
4. Turn off IPv6. Go to Network and Sharing Center on your Windows computer, select “change adapter settings,” then click into your connection and select “properties.” Then simply uncheck “TCP/IP Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).”
5. Get help with Customer support. If none of the above steps work, connect with the VPN customer representatives in Australia, ask for help and inform them which servers are down so they can update them.
Best VPN for Windows in Australia: FAQs
Are Windows VPNs Illegal in Australia?
The five eyes alliance and imposes strict data retention and internet censorship policies, the Government has not yet banned VPN services in Australia. You can easily download and install any extension without the worry of legal hassles.
Is It Ok To Use Cracked Windows Version for VPN in Australia?
While there is no harm in using cracked versions of different VPNs in Australia, it is usually advised to actually pay the premium. Most cracked files often come packed with tons of anti-viruses and malware, which could corrupt all data. It is certainly not worth the risk.
What is the safest VPN for Windows 10 in Australia?
ExpressVPN is the safest VPN for Windows 10 in Australia as it offers high encryption and reliable server connections.
Which VPN is best for Laptop in Australia?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Laptop in Australia because it provides strong security features, a well-established no-logging policy, and extremely fast connections.
Which is the best VPN in Australia for PC free?
If you do not want to waste your cash on a paid subscription, you do have free VPN solutions available in Australia. Some of the best options as of recent include Windscribe, Hide.me, and TunnelBear. You can check this Free VPN for Windows guide for more options.
What are the disadvantages of VPNs in Australia?
VPNs can have various shortcomings and are not perfect. One of their key disadvantages is that they can reduce your internet speeds. Additionally, some websites and networks may prohibit VPNs in Australia. They can also be pricey, so be sure the one you choose has the attributes you require.
Can a VPN be used on any of my other devices in Australia?
Yes, you can install the majority of VPNs on several devices in Australia. A reliable VPN like ExpressVPN has great compatibility with all devices, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, even routers, gaming consoles, and streaming devices.
Does Windows 10 come with an integrated VPN in Australia?
Yes, Windows includes a free integrated VPN server option in Australia. You can use a PPTP (Point-to-point tunneling protocol) to achieve this.
Should I use a VPN for torrenting on my Windows computer in Australia?
Yes, you should use a VPN when torrenting on your Windows PC since it encrypts your traffic before it leaves your computer, making it impossible for your internet service provider to track your activities in Australia.
Wrapping Things Up
I hope this guide helps you find the Best VPN for Windows in Australia based on your needs and requirements. Each name mentioned has been added after extensive research and analysis. In our opinion, we suggest ExpressVPN in Australia because it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can use it risk-free.
I try to be as accurate as possible in my guides, but if you think there are better solutions or encounter any issues/problems, do not hesitate to drop a comment below!
I will respond personally and try to provide as much assistance as possible. Also, help a brother out by sharing this guide if you find it useful. Thanks in advance